NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Jan 1st 2024, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Heisenberg00007
Hello,
Happy new year!

Did you all receive the letter offer or not yet?
because I am still waiting and I did not receive any update...
Nothing new from me - still waiting for an update

Last edited by Ossie_82; Jan 1st 2024 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 1:34 am
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

I've progressed, and, although I haven't had my official on-boarding call, Neom have asked me to get in touch with a visa agent, Gulf Visa, not A1 like I've seen on here previously. Anyone dealt with them?
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Expat_Aspirant is an unknown quantity at this point

On an average, how many weeks does it take from a first written offer till actually starting at Neom? (For someone from UK who has most of the paperwork in order)

I am currently between jobs and have received an offer from another firm who want me to start ASAP.

I'm also expecting the Neom offer next week (as confirmed by my rep)

I would rather not take up another job only to quit within a few weeks to go to Neom.

At the same time, if the Neom process takes several months then I'd rather not sit idle.

Any ideas to help me resolve the dilemma please? Any inputs on onboarding duration?
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat_Aspirant
On an average, how many weeks does it take from a first written offer till actually starting at Neom? (For someone from UK who has most of the paperwork in order)

I am currently between jobs and have received an offer from another firm who want me to start ASAP.

I would rather not take up another job only to quit within a few weeks to go to Neom.

At the same time, if the Neom process takes several months then I'd rather not sit idle.

Any ideas to help me resolve the dilemma please? Any inputs on onboarding duration?

Hi EA,
Good questions which, unfortunately, do not have firm answers. The following is purely estimate based on my experience over a year ago. I hear some things have been changed or digitized, which may help. Once you get, review, and sign your offer, let your recruiter know that you can start as soon as possible and ask them to help expedite the process. They are usually quite helpful if they can get you in quickly.
Of course, your experience may vary, etc.... Most of these can be done in parallel until everything gets to the embassy.

- You will need to do a background check. This can take 1-4 weeks depending on how quickly your previous employers respond to requests to verify your employment and employment periods.
- You will need to get your criminal background release from your country of residence. There are different posts on this board about how long this takes. Expect a few weeks.
- You will need to get your degree verified by the Saudi Cultural Attaché in the country you went to uni. Steps vary country to country and time is based on how long your university releases information. You don't technically need this to start the job, but you will need it for your Iqama.
- You will need to get your medical and test results. Plan on 1-2 weeks for this.
- Certified contracts and some paperwork from Neom. These will usually take a week. Onboarding can put a rush on them if you need since it sounds like you aren't finishing up a resignation notice period/
- Saudi embassy visa processing. Your visa agent can help you with that time frame. If everything is in order, this usually only takes a few days.to a week.

Hopefully, at the very least, this gives you an idea of the things you will have to get sorted to get your visa. Good luck!
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks. This is really useful info.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 5:07 am
Just Joined

hannibulk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

This forum has been so helpful, thank you!

I am expecting an offer in the next couple of weeks, and I'm trying to gather as much info as I can to help decide if my husband and I want to relocate from Canada to NEOM. I've been told we would be placed in NC2 but this is only from my hiring manager - I understand from this forum that there might be challenges with capacity, etc (unless I'm mistaken?).

I'm desperately trying to find PHOTOS of the standard accommodation at NC2 as well as the gym at either NC1 or NC2. My husband is a PT and this is a huge deciding factor for him. Also, can anyone tell me if there are baseball teams at NEOM?

Thanks so much for everyone's help! Cheers
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Check this out>>

Originally Posted by hannibulk
Hi everyone,

I am expecting an offer in the next couple of weeks, and I'm trying to gather as much info as I can to help decide if my husband and I want to relocate from Canada to NEOM. I've been told we would be placed in NC2 but this is only from my hiring manager - I understand from this forum that there might be challenges with capacity, etc (unless I'm mistaken?).

I'm desperately trying to find PHOTOS of the standard accommodation at NC2 as well as the gym at either NC1 or NC2. My husband is a PT and this is a huge deciding factor for him. Also, can anyone tell me if there are baseball teams at NEOM?

Old Jan 3rd 2024, 5:23 am
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my onboarding call today. Everyone going is being placed in nc2, as nc1 is full.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Perfecto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

as i understand it only single occupancy cabins are available in NC2 - thats more like a hotel room with a microwave/fridge. I was told by HR it’s not really suitable for two people but there are no other options at the moment…
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

Big gym in NC1 is very nice. There's a smaller one too. No baseball teams sadly, I do miss a bit of softball.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

WRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gentleben
Had my onboarding call today. Everyone going is being placed in nc2, as nc1 is full.
Hi there,

I see we have a similar timeline. My partner's onboarding call was last week and we are based in London and have also been referred to Gulf Visa. As you may have noticed, information is quite limited. There are lots of statements in the various documents they sent us asking us to do the degree attestation ASAP but Gulf Visa's email reply has said they will be doing both for us simultaneously without much more info than giving us the website link to pay. If you have any info or wish to keep in touch and exchange news for this onboarding process, do let us know!

Wen
Old Jan 4th 2024, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

NonameA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikesgeorge1
Hi all

i am due to arrive in Neom from the UK at the end of October. Can anyone let me know what the Uk tax implications are? I’ve been in full time employment in the UK since the start of the tax year, so approx 7 months by the time I join neom. Do I still pay UK tax when I come over as I have been in uk paying tax since start of financial year?

thanks.
Hi Mike,

I’m in the same position looking to arrive in March, did you find out about the tax implications ? Do you have to pay UK tax on the money eared in KSA for tax year 2023 ?
thank you
Old Jan 9th 2024, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Heisenberg00007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expat_Aspirant

Hello,
Have you received the written offer?
Old Jan 11th 2024, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Heisenberg00007
Hello,
Have you received the written offer?
Not yet. I chased up and was told that they still haven't got the 2024 headcount approved which was contrary to what I read on this forum.

Still waiting for a written offer. But given that the process from written offer to onboarding can take time, I've decided to pick up another offer that I had in the interim. If I get the Neom offer it'll be an awkward situation resigning from a job that I had recently started. But I can't continue to sit idle for obvious reasons.
Old Jan 12th 2024, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Helle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
where do people who work on the Trojena project live? Are they living in NC1, NC2 or at Trojena base camp? How long is the drive from base camp to NC2 or NC2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.