Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 25th 2024, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

ukdesidesign is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello everyone; I'm wondering if anyone knows the typical timeline from verbal approval to receiving a written offer letter. I've been waiting for over a month now and would appreciate any insight.
Old Feb 25th 2024, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

For me it was 3 weeks, but I'm told my position was "urgent", so probably my timeline can't be depended on too much.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Pompey_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukdesidesign
Hello everyone; I'm wondering if anyone knows the typical timeline from verbal approval to receiving a written offer letter. I've been waiting for over a month now and would appreciate any insight.
I was notified that I was progressing to the offer stage towards the end of Jan and the received the offer around a month later.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 26th 2024, 4:17 am
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukdesidesign
Getting close to six months for me lol.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ossie_82
Getting close to six months for me lol.
pretty much the same here lol, I have been following up and HR seems to indicate that it is soon.

Last edited by OilTrader; Feb 26th 2024 at 6:17 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI - going thru the thread and it seems that the process of hiring etc. is random at best. I have had two interviews and a request to load my documents within a matter of 1 week. The recruiter has told me that they will come back soon , i have had no verbal offer or a written one, but have uploaded all rqd documents i.e degrees, payslips, medicals, etc.

What kind of timeline should i expect for a formal offer of employment to come thru ?
Should i expect a verbal offer first followed by a formal or simply a formal one on one fine morning, popping in my mailbox !

More than anxiety i feel its the confusion thats generated as a result of lack of information.
P>S have applied directly on the Neom career site.

Any info . will help.

thnx
Old Feb 26th 2024, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05
HI - going thru the thread and it seems that the process of hiring etc. is random at best. I have had two interviews and a request to load my documents within a matter of 1 week. The recruiter has told me that they will come back soon , i have had no verbal offer or a written one, but have uploaded all rqd documents i.e degrees, payslips, medicals, etc.

What kind of timeline should i expect for a formal offer of employment to come thru ?
Should i expect a verbal offer first followed by a formal or simply a formal one on one fine morning, popping in my mailbox !

More than anxiety i feel its the confusion thats generated as a result of lack of information.

Any info . will help.

thnx
​​​​​​That request for documents basically is the informal offer. Did they start the background screening at the same time?

From my experience, you won't get anything now until you get the formal written offer, unless they want clarification of anything on the payslips or similar.

The hamsters are probably turning the wheels on the offer now, given the weird current package +X Saudi system.

Kissflow should give you some insights as "to progress" and my status on there was updated a couple of hours before I received the formal offer in my email. I think it went from "in offer" to "under offer", something like that.
Old Feb 26th 2024, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fs05

Any info . will help.

thnx
From what I've seen and experienced personally you could wait days, weeks, months or maybe not even receive an offer at all. It all depends on the sector and role. Good luck!
Old Feb 27th 2024, 8:52 am
Just Joined

FarmACY400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
has anyone stayed in NRC1 camp?
whats it like? Anything nearby?
how far is tabuk, 3 hours?

thanks
Old Feb 27th 2024, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI - for everyone ill keep my timeline situation updated - Okay so it has gone from submit documents yesterday to under offer today.
Interview - wk of 18th
Submit documents - Middle of wk of 18th
Under offer status - week of 25th
Old Feb 27th 2024, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

dashwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all!
I'm very early on in the process here and I note that a lot of members are at a stage where they've interviewed/had offers. However my angle is slightly different so I'm hoping I can get some guidance.

I currently have a good job in Europe and all is well. More than a year ago I applied for a few Neom posts through the careers website and didn't get anywhere. I didn't really think much of it as I had 0 expectations. However last week, out of the blue, a recruiter called me and said my skills match a role that has gone live. I had an informal chat with the recruiter followed by a psychometric test.

I haven't heard back since and really want to manage my own expectations. I have family living in Saudi and would love to relocate there but reading some of the posts here I feel like I'm a long way off even an informal offer. So my question is, how soon after the psychometric test can you find out if they will proceed to an interview? Is it a given you'll even get invited if you've been invited to do the test? Is it possible to fail the psychometric test? Has anyone had rejections etc?

Also currently, my salary is good and a 25% uplift and a tax free bonus would change my life. However my role is due to expire by the end of the year so it would really help me If I could get my current payslips to them ASAP!

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by dashwriter; Feb 27th 2024 at 11:46 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 12:50 am
Just Joined

paddington45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all, I'm new to the Expat life and currently weighing up a role at NEOM and very excited about the possibility. I've done a lot of research into various aspects, and this forum has been very helpful (thank you).

Whilst I'm hopeful this turns into a role lasting a good few years, I suppose it is only prudent to consider other unexpected scenarios.

One such scenario would be if I had to return to the UK part way through a tax year. I can see foreign income earned in employment in Saudi Arabia is not taxable in the UK if you work in excel of 35 hours/week and spend less than 91 days in the UK. However I'm unclear on whether that income would then be taxed (presumably when declared in your next UK tax return?), for example if someone returned to the UK 6 months into a tax year, and therefore would exceed the 91 days UK residency?

Many thanks in advance,
Old Feb 28th 2024, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FarmACY400
Hi all
has anyone stayed in NRC1 camp?
whats it like? Anything nearby?
how far is tabuk, 3 hours?

thanks
You can see the location on google maps. Looks about 3 hrs from Tabuk. Anything nearby - some nice beaches for snorkeling.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 4:33 am
Just Joined

dashwriter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irishlad
Completed my psychometric test 7 working days before. Still waiting for an update on next steps.
Since completing your test, have you heard anything further? How did you find the test - i thought the maths was solid but the rest was fine.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paddington45
Afternoon all, I'm new to the Expat life and currently weighing up a role at NEOM and very excited about the possibility. I've done a lot of research into various aspects, and this forum has been very helpful (thank you).

Whilst I'm hopeful this turns into a role lasting a good few years, I suppose it is only prudent to consider other unexpected scenarios.

One such scenario would be if I had to return to the UK part way through a tax year. I can see foreign income earned in employment in Saudi Arabia is not taxable in the UK if you work in excel of 35 hours/week and spend less than 91 days in the UK. However I'm unclear on whether that income would then be taxed (presumably when declared in your next UK tax return?), for example if someone returned to the UK 6 months into a tax year, and therefore would exceed the 91 days UK residency?

Many thanks in advance,
You get split year treatment for tax, but only if you are out for a full tax year. So, if you start in KSA in September 24 and come back in September 2026 you won't pay tax on the foreign income as you were out tax year April 25 - March 26. If, however, you go out in September 24 and go back in February 2026 you haven't done a full tax year out so likely to be taxed as a UK resident. Simply put, if you come back after a full tax year out you won't pay tax on the foreign income. That does assume that you meet the residency tests, there's more to it than just the 91 days.

The rules are pretty straightforward and the HMRC website does a good job of setting everything out. Worth getting advice if you aren't clear though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.