Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 20th 2023, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing a cat to NEOM

Originally Posted by xKat1
Hello, did you find an answer to this as I too am looking at bringing my cat to Neom?
Hi xKat,
Only community restriction is that you need to register your cat. Other than that, as long as you meet regular country regs, you should be fine. There are others with cats around here.
Cheers.
Old Nov 20th 2023, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

xKat1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Thank you
Old Nov 21st 2023, 1:03 am
Just Joined

tambahana is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering, are they on hiring freeze?
I discovered that the traffic in Q1 and Q2 of this forum is larger than these days (Q4).

Last edited by tambahana; Nov 21st 2023 at 1:18 am.
Old Nov 21st 2023, 1:28 am
Just Joined

xKat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It as far as I know…hoping to be out in the next month
Old Nov 21st 2023, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tambahana
Just wondering, are they on hiring freeze?
I discovered that the traffic in Q1 and Q2 of this forum is larger than these days (Q4).
Well obsevered! AFAIK there's no formal freeze for many departments and offers are still going out and new people arriving daily. However, we are in the annual budget cycle and this means many departments will be focused on justification for next year's headcount and receiving board approval before proceeding. It also goes a bit quiet with the upcoming Christmas holidays as hiring takes ~3 months and most expats are not enthusiastic to relocate during this period. There is bit of a lull between mid-December to early Jan. And arguably again at both eid's. It's not the most productive business calendar lol.
Old Nov 21st 2023, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

tambahana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
Well obsevered! AFAIK there's no formal freeze for many departments and offers are still going out and new people arriving daily. However, we are in the annual budget cycle and this means many departments will be focused on justification for next year's headcount and receiving board approval before proceeding. It also goes a bit quiet with the upcoming Christmas holidays as hiring takes ~3 months and most expats are not enthusiastic to relocate during this period. There is bit of a lull between mid-December to early Jan. And arguably again at both eid's. It's not the most productive business calendar lol.
I see, that makes so much sense then. I’m still waiting for any interview to 4 roles I applied. Haha
Old Nov 22nd 2023, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Richie35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Has anyone else experienced my situation?

I have gone through the whole recruiting process with a recruitment agency - interviews, document check, Police check, Degree attestation, medical check etc -- whole process lasted around 5 months.

The Mobilisation team told me to resign as all was progressing - My Visa Rep was about to head to the Embassy to input my paperwork and collect the visa 2 days later - was planning flights etc.

Then I received a frantic call from my recruiter to say the position was no longer needed. --- a new CEO had arrived and changed the organisational structure - and the position was scrapped.

Old Nov 22nd 2023, 2:47 am
Just Joined

mountains1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richie35
Hi.

Has anyone else experienced my situation?

I have gone through the whole recruiting process with a recruitment agency - interviews, document check, Police check, Degree attestation, medical check etc -- whole process lasted around 5 months.

The Mobilisation team told me to resign as all was progressing - My Visa Rep was about to head to the Embassy to input my paperwork and collect the visa 2 days later - was planning flights etc.

Then I received a frantic call from my recruiter to say the position was no longer needed. --- a new CEO had arrived and changed the organisational structure - and the position was scrapped.
I am so sorry that happened. Did you already quit your current job?
Old Nov 24th 2023, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mountains1
I am so sorry that happened. Did you already quit your current job?
Hi.

Yes, I did quit my current job - all was progressing fantastically - and I was due to deploy in approx 2 weeks after my visa was issued.
Tried to withdraw my resignation but was unsuccessful.
Currently Job Hunting - it is not the best situation to be in.

Old Nov 24th 2023, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Richie35
Hi.

Yes, I did quit my current job - all was progressing fantastically - and I was due to deploy in approx 2 weeks after my visa was issued.
Tried to withdraw my resignation but was unsuccessful.
Currently Job Hunting - it is not the best situation to be in.
That's unfortunate and poor form of onboarding advising to resign. General advice would be to wait until visa is issued before resigning, because until that point it's unclear if one is legally allowed to enter the country for work purposes. This and it can take days/weeks to obtain a visa, depending on issuing country.
Old Nov 24th 2023, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
That's unfortunate and poor form of onboarding advising to resign. General advice would be to wait until visa is issued before resigning, because until that point it's unclear if one is legally allowed to enter the country for work purposes. This and it can take days/weeks to obtain a visa, depending on issuing country.
I understand what you have said - yes the onboarding has seemed to let me down - as for waiting for the Visa. - I have worked in the Middle East for the last 10 years - and I have never had a problem with any visa - as I said this was due to be issued the following day - after the visa rep went to the UK embassy - but this process had to be stopped - as the job was stopped. Recruiters are looking to see if any other job also fits - but things tend to slow down this time of year.

Old Nov 26th 2023, 8:53 am
Just Joined

dago01es is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Susan floozen
Hello, is there anyone on the thread who works out of base camp and the HQ in Riyadh? If so, were you given an accomodation allowance or were you expected to use the relocation fee to support your accommodation costs in Riyadh?
hello, did you ever got an answer for this question?
Old Nov 27th 2023, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Bulldogs94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes for the medical to be legalised and your visa to be completed? I had a medical a couple weeks ago and all was well but I'm yet to hear anything back. I thought it was a case of being completed within a week but I'm probably mistaken.
Old Nov 28th 2023, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Hcefc97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am moving to NEOM in the coming months and have a question regarding the accommodation (which I haven't found anywhere else in this thread, I have searched everywhere). How high are the ceilings of the apartments in NC2 (I am wanting to bring something that is between 2.3-2.5m? I am told I will be in a studio apartment. Further, does anyone have links to someone with photos or videos to these accommodations, thank you
Old Nov 28th 2023, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bulldogs94
Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes for the medical to be legalised and your visa to be completed? I had a medical a couple weeks ago and all was well but I'm yet to hear anything back. I thought it was a case of being completed within a week but I'm probably mistaken.
Hi Bulldogs,
Typically they take a few days to a week. I’d check with your visa agent to see what’s delaying the process.
g
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.