Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Oct 30th 2023, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Pkingston
No, that isnt a guarantee. As a minimum, they will match your previous.
Yup understood but in my case it wasn't even matching previous salary. Its more than 30% less than prevoious salary which is astonoshing.
Old Oct 31st 2023, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tambahana
Sure, I forgot about the weekends. I was very excited to join the company after I saw the discussions on this thread. Thank you for wishing me luck !

Hi BMH77, finally there's a light for someone who applied through website. And yes, I found that it will take max 6 months until onboarding. Yes, I messaged one of the hiring managers through Linkedin, informing about my application.

If you don't mind, I want to know what you meant by "two were from our networks.....", you meant something like referral?

Thank you for the information. It helps so much for someone like me who just started the process, in order to manage my expectation.
Hi Tam.
By networks I meant that the candidates were known to the hiring managers. They worked together in previous roles.
Cheers,
Old Nov 1st 2023, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fizzy_fazz
Please reply guys
Nothing is guaranteed until a contract is produced and signed.
Until then, changes happen and rejection/cancelation can occur for a multitude of reasons.
Old Nov 1st 2023, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

fizzy_fazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Nothing is guaranteed until a contract is produced and signed.
Until then, changes happen and rejection/cancelation can occur for a multitude of reasons.
Dear PKingston,
thanks for your help, a contract document was produced to me even i have signed and sent to them, like there were 2 different documents like NDA and Job offer with digital signature and later access to docusign for login and uploading the relevant documents, 3 weeks ago they had done with ME candidate information form. like all these has been done. now they said, awaiting client approval 1 week had passed they said would take 2 weeks approx for the final reply, henceforth question remails same, client approval means, is it a formality, a process of information or there would be one more interview to be cleared ...please help..
Old Nov 1st 2023, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

No one will be able to say either way. What takes a week for one person can take 3 months for another. Each situation is different, it's only the people involved that can give you any relevant information. Probably "Soon, inshallah."
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
Hi mate,
I applied for this role directly on NEOM website and all processing was happening in their portal until the the hiring manager who is from NEOM told me they will fill the role through SMP and I said ok since I thought SMP should give more salary but the fact is that they are offering me 30% less than what I am currently making. I've asked them how did you come up with 20K SAR and told them I ain't coming for that.
I work on a different project, but regardless...the contracts manager is an "ocn" and not a wex in this instance. This could explain the proposed remuneration.
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
I work on a different project, but regardless...the contracts manager is an "ocn" and not a wex in this instance. This could explain the proposed remuneration.
Thanks, that could be possible but I definitely think they should not have offered 30% less than current salary especially looking that 20K (including all benefits) is not a manager's salary probably anywhere in Saudi. Honestly its disrespectful, it was an official offer, you give all the interviews, provide all payslips and docs and in the end offer is even lesser than current compensation. They should have informed prior look we can only offer up to 20K happy to proceed? I mean its pretty obvious you won't accept a 30% cut and move to Saudi let alone matching the salary. We're not talking about roles paying 60-70K here.

Last edited by Sam1980; Nov 2nd 2023 at 11:47 am.
Old Nov 5th 2023, 8:42 am
Just Joined

mountains1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Canadian here working as a contract manager for government. I don't have a network in the middle east but I want to work there. Do you think I should stay in Saudi Arabia for a month and apply for a job there. I'll have a Saudi address and phone number. I realize people are getting recruited thru agencies or thru LinkedIn but been applying for a year now and I haven't received any response. I don't want to give up so I want to explore all options.
Old Nov 7th 2023, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mountains1
Canadian here working as a contract manager for government. I don't have a network in the middle east but I want to work there. Do you think I should stay in Saudi Arabia for a month and apply for a job there. I'll have a Saudi address and phone number. I realize people are getting recruited thru agencies or thru LinkedIn but been applying for a year now and I haven't received any response. I don't want to give up so I want to explore all options.
Hi Mountains,
Not sure that would help, to be honest. From what I've seen with Neom, your address isn't that important. You passport can help on positions where we are looking for a KSA resident, but the local address or mobile number, not as much.
By all means, come and visit to see the sites; but, a trip to get a SIM card and local address might not be the best use of resources.

A lot of procurement is done by outside firms. You might have some luck looking for firms that do procurement as a service in the middle east and trying that way.
Good luck!
Old Nov 7th 2023, 2:52 am
Just Joined

mountains1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi Mountains,
Not sure that would help, to be honest. From what I've seen with Neom, your address isn't that important. You passport can help on positions where we are looking for a KSA resident, but the local address or mobile number, not as much.
By all means, come and visit to see the sites; but, a trip to get a SIM card and local address might not be the best use of resources.

A lot of procurement is done by outside firms. You might have some luck looking for firms that do procurement as a service in the middle east and trying that way.
Good luck!
Appreciate the response. Yes you're right. I'll keep searching...
Old Nov 8th 2023, 6:08 am
Just Joined

PacPac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Neom People,

I have been reading the forums for some time now and would like to thank everyone for all the valuable inputs. I am being pursued by headhunters and am trying to make up my mind about joining the big Project. I would like to ask someone who is currently stationed in NC2:
  1. Approximately, how many people live in NC2 now?
  2. Does it get crowded?
  3. Are there long queues at restaurants for breakfast and dinner?
  4. Is it possible to play Volleyball, Football, Baskteball i.e., are there any who play or maybe there are so many that it is hard to get a spot in a team?
  5. How crowded are the buses that go to NC1 every morning? Is it a hassle to get onto one?
  6. Finally, how is the safety situation given the recent escalations in the Middle East?
Your feedback would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 12th 2023, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed.Swed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Question to those in the grand .
I heard/ read that they are building a new workers' accommodation, about 95,000 new units.
Is it true that they will be ready by the end of this year ?
Old Nov 12th 2023, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ahmed.Swed
Hi
Question to those in the grand .
I heard/ read that they are building a new workers' accommodation, about 95,000 new units.
Is it true that they will be ready by the end of this year ?
Hi Ahmed.Swed.
There are tens of thousands of units being built to house Neom employees, contractors (particularly construction), and tenants as they set up facilities in the area.
The camps are all in different locations around the region and come online at different times.
Sorry I can't be more help.

Old Nov 12th 2023, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed.Swed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Hi Ahmed.Swed.
There are tens of thousands of units being built to house Neom employees, contractors (particularly construction), and tenants as they set up facilities in the area.
The camps are all in different locations around the region and come online at different times.
Sorry I can't be more help.
very appreciate your reply, it's surely helped.
Old Nov 12th 2023, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Heisenberg00007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I hope you are doing well all!
I have some concerns...
I did 3 interviews, then I was asked to upload the documents(Passport, Payslip, etc...) then I will receive an offer shortly. Now its been a week and I did not receive the written offer!
Is this normal? or there is an issue with my application?
How long did it take for you to get the written offer after uploading the documents?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.