NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 28th 2023, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Hcefc97
Hello, I am moving to NEOM in the coming months and have a question regarding the accommodation (which I haven't found anywhere else in this thread, I have searched everywhere). How high are the ceilings of the apartments in NC2 (I am wanting to bring something that is between 2.3-2.5m? I am told I will be in a studio apartment. Further, does anyone have links to someone with photos or videos to these accommodations, thank you
can I just ask how long it took for you to receive a written offer after receiving a verbal offer?
Old Nov 29th 2023, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

CanadaDry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PacPac
Hello Neom People,

I have been reading the forums for some time now and would like to thank everyone for all the valuable inputs. I am being pursued by headhunters and am trying to make up my mind about joining the big Project. I would like to ask someone who is currently stationed in NC2:
  1. Approximately, how many people live in NC2 now?
  2. Does it get crowded?
  3. Are there long queues at restaurants for breakfast and dinner?
  4. Is it possible to play Volleyball, Football, Baskteball i.e., are there any who play or maybe there are so many that it is hard to get a spot in a team?
  5. How crowded are the buses that go to NC1 every morning? Is it a hassle to get onto one?
  6. Finally, how is the safety situation given the recent escalations in the Middle East?
Your feedback would be much appreciated.
Did you ever get a response to these (very good) questions?
Old Nov 29th 2023, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

PacPac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CanadaDry

No, nobody has commented on this so far.
Old Nov 29th 2023, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

usaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Neom People,

I have been reading the forums for some time now and would like to thank everyone for all the valuable inputs. I am being pursued by headhunters and am trying to make up my mind about joining the big Project. I would like to ask someone who is currently stationed in NC2:
  1. Approximately, how many people live in NC2 now? It’s close to 2,000 from what I’m told.
  2. Does it get crowded? - it’s not too crowded now, but it’s getting close to that.
  3. Are there long queues at restaurants for breakfast and dinner? - Dinner during the week and breakfast on the weekends are busy at NC-2, but nothing crazy right now (in my opinion). Many people eat outside right now because the weather is nice, once it gets hot again, the inside part of the dining hall at NC-2 will be busier. Right now there is only one dining hall at NC-2. There are permanent “food trucks” open for dinner (a burger place, pizza, shawarma) and a Dunkin Donuts open from morning until night. Lunch at NC-1 is crowded. There is a big dining hall and a smaller one at NC-1. The smaller one serves a different menu than the main one (more like soup, salad and sandwiches) and only FTE’s are allowed at the smaller one (no kids either). There is a Starbucks and Dunkin at NC-1 also and some “food trucks” at dinner. Food trucks, Starbucks and Dunkin are not free at NC-1 or NC-2, but dining halls are. The dining halls are only open specific hours. Your room should have a fridge/freezer and microwave and there is some small supermarkets to get stuff at in NEOM. Amazon and others deliver here and Tabuk is about 2 hours away. There are some other small restaurants outside of the communities like a KFC, Hardee’s, AlBaik, and a few others, but you’ll need transportation to get to them.
  4. Is it possible to play Volleyball, Football, Baskteball i.e., are there any who play or maybe there are so many that it is hard to get a spot in a team? - yes, there are groups that play basketball, football (soccer), cricket, volleyball, tennis, etc. They also hold some tournaments throughout the year. There are tons of WhatsApp and other groups that you can join to find out about events, trips and activities.
  5. How crowded are the buses that go to NC1 every morning? Is it a hassle to get onto one? - buses run on schedules during the week and weekend. There is an app that has the schedule. More buses are available in the mornings and afternoons to get everyone to and from work. The bus ride between NC-1 and NC-2 is probably the worst part about being in NEOM for me (some like it), but fortunately due to my role, I have a vehicle now. I rode the buses for about 4 months, and each month there were more and more people on them and if you miss the bus at certain times, it can cause you an extra hour to wait. The buses are nice charter buses with good seats (not a school bus or anything like that).
  6. Finally, how is the safety situation given the recent escalations in the Middle East? This one you have to judge for yourself. I think NEOM is safe, but keep in mind where it is located. Yemen is well south of here, but sometimes they like to participate in what’s going on in the region. Many people still go to Jordan on the weekends. The road infrastructure is good here (it’s new), but driving can be dangerous. Lots of u-turns, lots of construction vehicles, lots of varying experienced drivers. NEOM is growing like crazy, so don’t expect things to be perfect. Some people really hate it here and others wouldn’t think of ever working any place else. You have to be flexible and it is what you make of it. Travel via flights can be tough sometime also and things change rapidly sometime. So again flexibility is your friend 😂.
Your feedback would be much appreciated.
See above.
Old Nov 29th 2023, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Nomad_786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Thursday everyone,

Anyone have phone number for VFS Wafi Mall in Dubai? I think it’s Tasheel/Tasheer - tried googling but no joy.

Last edited by Nomad_786; Nov 29th 2023 at 10:00 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2023, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by usaexpat
See above.
Thanks, @usaexpat, for the reply. That was very helpful.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

HI

Just to confirm, I've gotten a massage from my recruiter. The headcount for 2024 is being approved and recruitment is currently on hold.
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

OilTrader is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

Just to confirm, I've gotten a massage from my recruiter. The headcount for 2024 is being approved and recruitment is currently on hold.
thanks for sharing! Been waiting too!
Old Dec 4th 2023, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Hcefc97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ossie_82
can I just ask how long it took for you to receive a written offer after receiving a verbal offer?
It took 5 and half weeks for my written offer to come through after the verbal offer. Verbal offer was a day after the interview. I know these times can vary person to person
Old Dec 5th 2023, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heisenberg00007
Same, we are waiting.
Anyone knows when the approval usually come for 2024?
Hi.
I haven't heard any firm dates yet. The various boards are meeting over the next two weeks and 2024 headcount is on the agenda. Once the reviews are completed and any issues resolved, approval will be given. HR will then be able to make formal offers.
Your hiring manager may have better visibility for this since different business units are being reviewed at different times.
Hang in there...

Old Dec 7th 2023, 7:09 am
Just Joined

gentleben is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, thanks for all the information across the many threads, it's been very useful.

Seems like I'm at the "informal offer" stage. They just asked for enough paperwork to sink a battleship, so that they can give me a formal offer. They also started the background checking process via Credence (I'm in the UK).

Apparently I'm an "urgent hire", so when they eventually looked at my application (which took them about a month, as apparently the recruiter was sick), it was a week and a half from the screening interview with recruiter, to a single interview with my Director, to the informal offer. So they can turn things around quickly if they need to. I'll see how things go from here.
Old Dec 7th 2023, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

suspendedlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! Starting at Neom soon, will be a procurement engineer. Benefits are typical. 30 days vacation per year, 3 flight tickets , accomodation, transportation , and health insurancy. Base salary is : 18753 SAR a.k.a 5000USD. / month. I wonder if there is any entertaintment. I saw pool and gym on google maps but i'm not even sure it is available for everyone. Good luck to all!
Old Dec 8th 2023, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suspendedlol
Hello everyone! Starting at Neom soon, will be a procurement engineer. Benefits are typical. 30 days vacation per year, 3 flight tickets , accomodation, transportation , and health insurancy. Base salary is : 18753 SAR a.k.a 5000USD. / month. I wonder if there is any entertaintment. I saw pool and gym on google maps but i'm not even sure it is available for everyone. Good luck to all!
Hi. Most of the camps have pools, gyms, football fields, tennis courts, etc. NC2 also has a movie theater. There are also social groups both funded by the community services groups and run by groups in the camps. There are always things to do if you are inteersted.
Cheers.
Old Dec 10th 2023, 7:29 am
Just Joined

BrickWall9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I submitted applications for multiple positions two months ago directly through the NEOM website. However, I've noticed from previous messages that there have been either no responses or delayed responses. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any recruitment agencies that are currently hiring for engineering positions in NEOM?

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2023, 8:41 am
Just Joined

BritishExp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrickWall9
Hi everyone,

I submitted applications for multiple positions two months ago directly through the NEOM website. However, I've noticed from previous messages that there have been either no responses or delayed responses. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any recruitment agencies that are currently hiring for engineering positions in NEOM?

Thanks
Hello mate. I haven't heard anyone applied thru NEOM website and being successful. I think you should concentrate on recruitment agencies also Linkedin. You will need a lot of patience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.