Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Oct 17th 2022, 9:09 am
Just Joined

wilosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

I have been told about 30 min, so not too bad.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

After interviewing in April, I’m finally booked onto a flight to Neom this weekend. Thanks all so much for the advice on this page, it certainly helped with the process. Having worked in the Middle East previously, my best advice is to always have patience with the processes here as several things were delayed along the way during onboarding. This comprised delays in admin paperwork (waiting on uk degree letters and contracts), delays in background checks (Chase up HireRight if you don’t hear back within 10 days), and delays from onboarding resources (they’re over they don’t always get back to you immediately and they’re overwhelmed).

I would also recommend that you should try not to give 30 days notice with your current employer until you’re very close to submitting visa paperwork, as you will not get everything you need from Neom and the embassy in that short time frame (particularly for UK degree attestation). I gave 3 months notice as I knew there where going to be delays (from advice contained in this forum) and I’m glad I did as in the end I’ve been out of work for over a month.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wilosh
I have been told about 30 min. still a bit, but not too bad.
The journey from NC2 to NC1 is strange, it is about 35 - 40 minutes to NC1 but 45 - 50 back - it mostly depends on the police roadblock that you have to go through.

The reason it is quicker there than back is that there are no left turns on the road, to go left you have to drive past the turn off you want to the next u-turn and then head back again. These u-turns can be up to 10km apart meaning you have to drive past for 5 to 10 minutes, turn round then drive back for 5 to 10 minutes before you can turn. The journey to NC1 has four turns all right turns, the journey back has four left turns so is a lot longer.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Che0201308
After interviewing in April, I’m finally booked onto a flight to Neom this weekend
Welcome to Neom, you will get a buddy from your team to help you settle in but feel free to DM me if you need any advice on anything from someone who has gone through it slightly ahead of you.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

lusapal is an unknown quantity at this point

They did contact my current employer, thankfully I handed my notice before any background checks so they already knew I was leaving and they would going to be contacted for checks.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

panaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone waiting more than two months for offer? I am waiting for since mid august when I was told I am going to get the offer.
Old Oct 17th 2022, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NordicinDesert
Is signed offer letter binding on employee?
Not sure what you mean. It’s like any agreement to join a business. If you change your mind just tell them and there’s no come back. Although I’d imagine that you’d probably blow any future chance.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 12:54 am
Just Joined

CrazyJohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by panaka
Anyone waiting more than two months for offer? I am waiting for since mid august when I was told I am going to get the offer.
I was waiting until last week for a similar amount of time between my verbal and written offer. Last week however I was told that a number of departments and sectors have hit their hiring quotas for this year and that hiring will recommence in Q1 next year. I have understood from a couple of sources that quite a few people are caught up in this.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 1:07 am
Just Joined

panaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by CrazyJohn
I was waiting until last week for a similar amount of time between my verbal and written offer. Last week however I was told that a number of departments and sectors have hit their hiring quotas for this year and that hiring will recommence in Q1 next year. I have understood from a couple of sources that quite a few people are caught up in this.
A week ago I was talking with them and they confirmed it will be ready in a week. Now if that's the case at least I will have Christmas back home.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know what departments? and what stage of the hiring process is this effecting?
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:07 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Che0201308
After interviewing in April, I’m finally booked onto a flight to Neom this weekend. Thanks all so much for the advice on this page, it certainly helped with the process. Having worked in the Middle East previously, my best advice is to always have patience with the processes here as several things were delayed along the way during onboarding. This comprised delays in admin paperwork (waiting on uk degree letters and contracts), delays in background checks (Chase up HireRight if you don’t hear back within 10 days), and delays from onboarding resources (they’re over they don’t always get back to you immediately and they’re overwhelmed).

I would also recommend that you should try not to give 30 days notice with your current employer until you’re very close to submitting visa paperwork, as you will not get everything you need from Neom and the embassy in that short time frame (particularly for UK degree attestation). I gave 3 months notice as I knew there where going to be delays (from advice contained in this forum) and I’m glad I did as in the end I’ve been out of work for over a month.
Congrats on getting to the finishing line. Out of interest, how much notice did they provide when booking your flight? Did you have much of a say on dates/times?

Also, how long would you estimate for it to take to get to the stage of flights being booked once background checks have been passed and degree attested?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheGman
Congrats on getting to the finishing line. Out of interest, how much notice did they provide when booking your flight? Did you have much of a say on dates/times?

Also, how long would you estimate for it to take to get to the stage of flights being booked once background checks have been passed and degree attested?

Thanks!
I had my flights booked today. Once your visa is issued they start the booking process. They asked me what date I wanted and due to some commitments I have I gave them a date in the future (4 weeks) and they booked it. All good and straight forward.

my onboarding has been relatively quick. Interview end of July, offer 5 days after. Then Attestation, medical, police etc. UAE based so not sure if that is a factor. So in all about 3 months.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:34 am
Just Joined

TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar
I had my flights booked today. Once your visa is issued they start the booking process. They asked me what date I wanted and due to some commitments I have I gave them a date in the future (4 weeks) and they booked it. All good and straight forward.

my onboarding has been relatively quick. Interview end of July, offer 5 days after. Then Attestation, medical, police etc. UAE based so not sure if that is a factor. So in all about 3 months.
Great - thank you for the info.
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

CivilEng94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar

That is the fastest I ever seen on this fourm. Congrats!
Old Oct 18th 2022, 2:54 am
Just Joined

JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, where did you hear this? And which departments do it impact? This could be a blow for a lot of people in this situation I.e. awaiting an offer …I.e. myself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.