Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Feb 20th 2024, 8:31 am
  #2731  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 7
Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello everyone.

For those who are at advanced stage of recruitment: for the education. document attestation, does the NEOM HR give a list of agencies for each country for accepted agents or they leave it on the candidate to get it done?
Dobleww is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 4:48 am
  #2732  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Location: NEOM
Posts: 183
BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Dobleww
Hello everyone.

For those who are at advanced stage of recruitment: for the education. document attestation, does the NEOM HR give a list of agencies for each country for accepted agents or they leave it on the candidate to get it done?
Hi. After you've signed your offer, your onboarder will give you list of preferred consultants by country. It will then be up to you to engage with them and get the work done.
Cheers.
BMH77 is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 5:46 am
  #2733  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi Everyone,

Do you know whether the working environment is good for women to get promoted? Or still it is a man world? How inclusive is the working environment and career advancement opportunity for women, especially in management seats? Thank you.

And what is the working hours? Is it 9 to 5, 5 days per week? or people have to do overtime often? Thanks.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 6:00 am
  #2734  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 7
Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hello everyone,

I am at advanced recruitment stage. Before NEOM assigns onboarding team, and the agency I need to work with; I want to be proactive and ask as to what can I prepare in advance to keep everything ready? What documents should I keep handy so I can focus on the ones which may need more time and focus?

I am Canadian and if someone from Canada here can let me know which agency they worked with for visa processing for NEOM, I'd be thankful.

Thanks.
Dobleww is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 6:25 am
  #2735  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Dobleww
Hello everyone,

I am at advanced recruitment stage. Before NEOM assigns onboarding team, and the agency I need to work with; I want to be proactive and ask as to what can I prepare in advance to keep everything ready? What documents should I keep handy so I can focus on the ones which may need more time and focus?

I am Canadian and if someone from Canada here can let me know which agency they worked with for visa processing for NEOM, I'd be thankful.

Thanks.
Make the appointment for medical test specifically for KSA Visa. That can take a while.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 8:09 am
  #2736  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
OlympicEagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by NEOMcurious
Hi all, I'm new here but have been low-key lurking for a few weeks, learning from everyone's posts, thanks so much for sharing!

Also really appreciate this honest review, definitely food for thought.

WRT to the average salaries mentioned, I know it says "including all allowances", but confirming this means eg. Senior Manager gets 75k SAR/month in their bank account, which includes transportation and housing allowances? So "basic salary" is some amount less than these average figures?

Related, I understand that the 20-30% uplift isn't guaranteed, but as a general rule where the uplift is applied, is it your current salary + 20-30% uplift = basic salary, OR your current salary + 20-30% uplift = the average salaries mentioned above (i.e. includes allowances)?

TIA!!
It’s the latter: Current salary + uplift = total salary (including allowances). HOWEVER, the salary defines your grade, not the other way around!
OlympicEagle is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 12:07 pm
  #2737  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 6
NEOMcurious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by OlympicEagle
It’s the latter: Current salary + uplift = total salary (including allowances). HOWEVER, the salary defines your grade, not the other way around!
Thanks OlympicEagle, good to know
NEOMcurious is offline  
Old Feb 21st 2024, 9:20 pm
  #2738  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 6
suspendedlol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Started in Pioneer Camp for Trojena a week ago. Has anyone ordered a product from Amazon to camp before ?
suspendedlol is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 2:03 am
  #2739  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2023
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Dannja016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Any insight if bonuses been disclosed and paid now? Thanks
Dannja016 is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 2:13 am
  #2740  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 5
Wurry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Thank you

Originally Posted by OilTrader
I think at this point in time it is very difficult to move families. They seem to prefer people to move on a single status. Plenty of people have their family either based somewhere else in the Gulf or stay put in London
In terms of living outside of camp, I have heard of some people commuting from Tabuk to work, it is around 180km away from Neom though.
Wurry is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 5:25 am
  #2741  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 7
hannibulk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
Make the appointment for medical test specifically for KSA Visa. That can take a while.
Hi there! I'm also Canadian in the document review stage waiting for my written offer. I couldn't find details of this medical test on any KSA visa sites - could you share more? Would love to get this booked in now.
hannibulk is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 9:27 am
  #2742  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by hannibulk
Hi there! I'm also Canadian in the document review stage waiting for my written offer. I couldn't find details of this medical test on any KSA visa sites - could you share more? Would love to get this booked in now.
You can ask the agency that NEOM sent in the list. The agency is very helpful.
CarrotOrange is offline  
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 9:29 am
  #2743  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 7
hannibulk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by CarrotOrange
You can ask the agency that NEOM sent in the list. The agency is very helpful.
The OP had asked about ways to be proactive before the onboarding team/agency list is sent but if I understand, your suggestion is for something to action on immediately after this info is sent. Thank you! Very helpful regardless.
hannibulk is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2024, 6:25 am
  #2744  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 7
Dobleww is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

For those moving with the spouse- does NEOM have any programme for spouse employment at NEOM? Just weighing my options if they internally have any special programmes or referral opportunities?

Thanks.
​​
Dobleww is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2024, 8:47 am
  #2745  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2023
Posts: 17
CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Dobleww
For those moving with the spouse- does NEOM have any programme for spouse employment at NEOM? Just weighing my options if they internally have any special programmes or referral opportunities?

Thanks.
​​
According to the recruiter, they do have spouse program. But I did not know the details.
CarrotOrange is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.