NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 7th 2022, 2:45 am
Just Joined

AnnieM19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by TheScotts
Sorry my mistake the school is in Jeddah is that doable?

Jeddah is also a short flight away so same would apply as Riyadh.

The closest main city is Tabuk which is about a 2 hour drive from NEOM, if you look on Google maps you will get a better idea. It is very remote. However there is definitely families that live in Riyadh or Jeddah and go back and forth over the weekends each week.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 3:33 am
Just Joined

NewhamB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

I cant seem to find the DBX-NUM flights at the mo, anyone with any knowledge if they have stopped or are now offering a reduced service - and any news n the Heathrow - NEOM route?

many thanks

ian
Old Nov 7th 2022, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Nooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CivilEng94
Hello all,

Thank you all for your advice and feedback it has helped a lot.

I wanted to get some advice on what I should do in my scenario.

I have received a verbal offer after one interview with the manager at NEOM around 3 weeks ago and around 10 days ago a recruiting agency got in touch with me to collect information from me like salary, notice needed, date of birth, education, experience, etc. The recruiting agency told me that he doesn't know anything about my postion or role, they just recieved a call from NEOM to collect information from me and then NEOM's HR will directly send me a link. Its been 10 days and still haven't gotten anything from NEOM's HR.

Has this happened to anyone?

How long should I wait before emailing the NEOM manager?

Looks like I will be working directly with NEOM's HR is that correct?

Thank you everyone for all of your help and feedback!
Sorry don't have an answer to that but I do have a question - how soon after your interview sis you hear back from HR?Cheers
Old Nov 7th 2022, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone gotten an offer this week or last week? I been waiting and I know few others are waiting. Wanted to see if there has been a slow down.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband is currently at the HR stage to receive a offer, we have been thinking since he was approached & feel we would do the more as a family rather than him go alone. We are thinking we would stay off site find a expat compound a bit more established so we can have a spare room for family to visit. My children are 13 & 9 my main concern is how they will adjust especially my eldest (how any one with experience got any advance) also i think we would like send them to The British Internation School Riyadh (after having a little look online) has anyone done this is it far from Neom? Any advance would be welcomed he is currently year 9 so a difficult time to more. We have already decided my husband would go ahead of us to get settled & until both boys get a place in schools so expected this could take 6-12 months.
How often can my husband come home to visit while we are separated?

Sorry thats a lot of questions i know. X
91 days maximum in the U.K. in each tax year to qualify as a non-resident and get the tax free benefit.

Bear in mind that the holiday and wfh allowance is less than that.
Old Nov 7th 2022, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

TheScotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2022, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Also where is Neom located then please so i can look for local schools & housing?
Thank you
It's 1,000 miles from Riyadh.

Here's the airport as a good point to work from. NEOM Bay
Old Nov 7th 2022, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

TheScotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Nov 7th 2022, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to understand the Hiring Process from many of you who have been through the same.
I've had interviews and have been told my offer is in the approval process - how long does this usually take?

Also, I'm having my background check done from HireRight and they had asked me to share more details and documents from my current and previous job. Since i'm a local hire within Saudi, I also have to do my criminal check through Absher - how long does it take to receive the request? As HireRight mentioned this is being sent over but I have't received any notification yet?

Thanks all! x

Old Nov 7th 2022, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Achterburg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Not strictly NEOM but I am goin through the interview process for Parson's working on Oxagon - does anyone know anything about their accomodation etc?.

thanks
Old Nov 7th 2022, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teaandscones
Just want to understand the Hiring Process from many of you who have been through the same.
I've had interviews and have been told my offer is in the approval process - how long does this usually take?

Also, I'm having my background check done from HireRight and they had asked me to share more details and documents from my current and previous job. Since i'm a local hire within Saudi, I also have to do my criminal check through Absher - how long does it take to receive the request? As HireRight mentioned this is being sent over but I have't received any notification yet?

Thanks all! x
I uploaded my documents around 2 weeks ago, and the background check took around 9 days but I am still waiting for an offer letter. I was told possibly middle of November I would get it.
Old Nov 8th 2022, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW, my timings (shown as days post application) are as follows:
0 - Application

9 - 1st interview

18 - 2nd interview

27 - 3rd interview

29 - Verbal job offer

32 - HireRight verification start

36 - Written offer

37 - HireRight verification complete

38 - Access to onboarding portal

39 - Access to Kissflow

40 - Onboarding call

41 - Degree attestation begins
So, I'm very impressed with the speed of things. The overall message is, as others have said, it takes as long as it takes. Some go quickly, some more slowly. Some go quickly at the start, then grind to halt with attestation. Try and not read too much into things, and if you haven't heard back from HR for a week or so, there's nothing wrong with a polite follow-up email.
Old Nov 8th 2022, 12:19 am
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I'm finally at the last stage of obtaining my visa - all I need to do is submit my passport to the embassy for stamping, however I've encountered a problem because I didn't use A1 visa for the process.
I've mostly done the whole process myself to keep costs down and used a cheaper agency to submit my visa application, I have sent them my passport and supporting documents however the POA Neom gave me states that the agency dealing with it is A1 and Neom are refusing to change it. I'm at a loss for what to do, has nayone else had this problem?
Old Nov 8th 2022, 12:26 am
Just Joined

NewhamB is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Katy,

I did the same - with NEOM'S onboarding team's approval - only to find the government affairs department would not send a POA with the agency name on. Final result was that I did everything myself but had to submit to A1 for the final visa - onboarding were not for changing!!
Old Nov 8th 2022, 12:29 am
Just Joined

katy611 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi NewhamB

Thanks for your quick reply. How much did A1 charge you just for this? And how long did it take?
I'm stressed because all my documents including my passport are sitting with the other agents!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.