NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Economically is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi everyone,

Recently got offered job verbally and waiting for formal offer to come in. How does the hireright process work? Would it speed things up if I get references from previous employers whilst waiting? Also a previous employer sold company so may be a struggle explaining/ obtaining a reference…would that be an issue? Any advice/ similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
R
Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Economically is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sidy
Hi there,
I am just at initial stage of job processing, just curious to know what do they check in background checks. My previous company is closed and I am like what if they are checking my employment history..
Looking forward to hear from you and who have been through.. Many Thanks
Hi Sidy, I have a similar situation with a previous company? Wondered did you get through it and would be interested to know your experience with hire right?
Kind Regards,
R.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Dropx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, new here! I noticed that a bunch of people have been waiting for their offers. I am on the same boat. Had done my background check and the recruiter told me that I was selected
for the role but the offer (which the Amount was not shared with me) is "under approval" and pending approval from a number of folks internally.

I guess my questions are:
1. How long do these approvals typical take?
2. How likely those internal folks not approving it?
3. How many months should I take it into account for next steps and until I land there, presuming that I get my offer this week?

thanks and hope to see you all there soon!

Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dropx
Hi everyone, new here! I noticed that a bunch of people have been waiting for their offers. I am on the same boat. Had done my background check and the recruiter told me that I was selected
for the role but the offer (which the Amount was not shared with me) is "under approval" and pending approval from a number of folks internally.

3. How many months should I take it into account for next steps and until I land there, presuming that I get my offer this week?

What does your profile on the website say? "under offer" or "please submit required documents"

I am in the exact same boat I am waiting for internal approvals before getting my offer and I have been waiting 3 weeks now.

and after the offer letter expect 2-3 months.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
What does your profile on the website say? "under offer" or "please submit required documents"

I am in the exact same boat I am waiting for internal approvals before getting my offer and I have been waiting 3 weeks now.

which website is it? Can you share the link please?
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I am in the exact same boat - except my HireRight background check is still under process apparently. I have called HireRight for confirmation on this and it is still undergoing.
If I can ask - how long did your background check take?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:29 am
Just Joined

which website is it? Can you share the link please?
The website would be the same link to your Application forms which you must have received from the HR team to apply for the specific role. It would be mentioned under the role you have applied for.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Teaandscones
Hi - I am in the exact same boat - except my HireRight background check is still under process apparently. I have called HireRight for confirmation on this and it is still undergoing.
If I can ask - how long did your background check take?

Thanks!
it took two weeks for me.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:32 am
Just Joined

it took two weeks for me.
Thank you. So I assume it is between 10-15 days as what I have gathered from other respondents on this thread.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA

it says UNDER OFFER. What does it mean?
Old Nov 15th 2022, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

it says UNDER OFFER. What does it mean?
Under offer is a good sign, it means they are creating it. Once it goes to "In offer" then you will get it shortly
Old Nov 16th 2022, 12:06 am
Just Joined

max_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

My offer had to get approved by various individuals, I even had to have another interview while waiting for the offer (things don't make much sense here sometimes)
My approval took 2 months (about 6 weeks from the time I did the unexpected interview)
It will get approved. Internal folks will not reject it. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the right internal folks and it gets passed around. Especially as structures are so fluid here, sometimes the entire departments move to a different sector/region while you are still in the recruitment process. The role is safe as it sits within the department. If the department got dismantled (which has not and doubt will ever happen) then the role might not exist.
It will take 2-3 months to get here from when you get the offer letter and Hire Right is complete
I got here in July 2022 and I started the process in Jan 2022
The wait was extremely hard, but take it from someone who has gone through the process, have patience, it will come through. Will take time but it will happen In'Sha'Allah.
All the best.
Old Nov 16th 2022, 11:36 am
Just Joined

rcplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by max_2000
My offer had to get approved by various individuals, I even had to have another interview while waiting for the offer (things don't make much sense here sometimes)
My approval took 2 months (about 6 weeks from the time I did the unexpected interview)
It will get approved. Internal folks will not reject it. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the right internal folks and it gets passed around. Especially as structures are so fluid here, sometimes the entire departments move to a different sector/region while you are still in the recruitment process. The role is safe as it sits within the department. If the department got dismantled (which has not and doubt will ever happen) then the role might not exist.
It will take 2-3 months to get here from when you get the offer letter and Hire Right is complete
I got here in July 2022 and I started the process in Jan 2022
The wait was extremely hard, but take it from someone who has gone through the process, have patience, it will come through. Will take time but it will happen In'Sha'Allah.
All the best.
Yes. I must agree that the structure keeps on moving and impact hiring. Anything can happen and it happened to me. My role included the whole division was disband during my "In offer" stage. Not easy to take in this, despite working through it since April
Old Nov 16th 2022, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcplus
Yes. I must agree that the structure keeps on moving and impact hiring. Anything can happen and it happened to me. My role included the whole division was disband during my "In offer" stage. Not easy to take in this, despite working through it since April
what do you mean disband? Like they got rid of the whole division? I am joining a brand new division that just got a division head like 3 weeks ago. Who are the people who normally need to approve it?
Old Nov 16th 2022, 11:46 am
Just Joined

rcplus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Could be not required at this stage. Perhaps, the need might surface down the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.