Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Nov 20th 2022, 10:10 am
Just Joined

peterpipper12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

How does the 2 domestic flights per month work? do you just receive funds into your paycheck and it's up to you to use as you like?
Old Nov 20th 2022, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Che0201308 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterpipper12
How does the 2 domestic flights per month work? do you just receive funds into your paycheck and it's up to you to use as you like?
hi there, Neom have a linked app with one of the travel agents here in KsA. You can use the app to book
a. Monthly flights
b.1. discounted internal flights (which can be additional internal flights, for occasions when you’ve used up you monthly flight allowance), and
b.2 discounted international flights. You have to pay for these ones via the app.

When wanting free monthly internal flights, the price of the flights doesn’t matter. You simply request the internal flight you want and submit this request. The app will then check with hr systems to see if the monthly flight can be taken by matching the dates with scheduled booked leave/remote working and/or a weekend.

Re: monthly flights, it’s a use it or lose it. You cannot stack up unused monthly flights and/or get money for them in your pay check.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 8:57 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LPMG_Canada
Hi all. We have some theme key questions about Neom. I hope someone can help to clarify.

Position Job
- How the Succession Plan and Career Development look like?

Vacations/Benefits
- What fare classes are the air tickets?
- Vacation is 30 days year excluding weekend?
- 24 days remote work, how does this work? Is there an advance request needed or it is workable as needed case by case?
- Is there a Relocation package for luggage and boxes of personal items?

Sponsorship/Spouse work condition
- How long would take for my family members to join in Saudi Arabia? What is the high-level process? Is there a fast-track alternative?
- Is the spouse authorized to work in Saudi Arabia?

School and extra curriculum activities
- are the schools' curriculum based on the British or International curriculum?
- Are there extra curriculum classes for kids?
- What age school starts? Our kid will become 3yo in January 2023, if school is not allowed at her age is there a daycare/preschool at the site?

Life in the community/conditions
- are foreign visitors allowed in the community?
I can answer the school related questions:
The school follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. Further details on this can be found through a. Quick google search.There are extra curricular activities for school aged children Grade 1- Grade 9 organised by the school which extend the school day from 3.45pm to 4.45 or 5.45 depending on your requirements. There are a variety of ativities to choose from which change each term ranging from sport to musical instruments, yoga, choir, robotics, art, chess, marine biology etc etc. Community Services also run a wide range of activities for the kids independent of the school which include soccer, swimming, tennis, karate, gymnastics, rugby, volley ball, basketball, bootcamp and more.The Early Childhood Centre (ECC) runs from young babies to around 5 or 6 when children transition to school.
​​​​
Old Nov 21st 2022, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

LPMG_Canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GNK
I can answer the school related questions:
The school follows the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. Further details on this can be found through a. Quick google search.There are extra curricular activities for school aged children Grade 1- Grade 9 organised by the school which extend the school day from 3.45pm to 4.45 or 5.45 depending on your requirements. There are a variety of ativities to choose from which change each term ranging from sport to musical instruments, yoga, choir, robotics, art, chess, marine biology etc etc. Community Services also run a wide range of activities for the kids independent of the school which include soccer, swimming, tennis, karate, gymnastics, rugby, volley ball, basketball, bootcamp and more.The Early Childhood Centre (ECC) runs from young babies to around 5 or 6 when children transition to school.
​​​​
Thank you for the response, this is very helpful and supportive!
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Economically is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Is anyone having issue’s uploading documents to the career portal?

Old Nov 23rd 2022, 12:46 am
Just Joined

Dropx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by max_2000
My offer had to get approved by various individuals, I even had to have another interview while waiting for the offer (things don't make much sense here sometimes)
My approval took 2 months (about 6 weeks from the time I did the unexpected interview)
It will get approved. Internal folks will not reject it. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the right internal folks and it gets passed around. Especially as structures are so fluid here, sometimes the entire departments move to a different sector/region while you are still in the recruitment process. The role is safe as it sits within the department. If the department got dismantled (which has not and doubt will ever happen) then the role might not exist.
It will take 2-3 months to get here from when you get the offer letter and Hire Right is complete
I got here in July 2022 and I started the process in Jan 2022
The wait was extremely hard, but take it from someone who has gone through the process, have patience, it will come through. Will take time but it will happen In'Sha'Allah.
All the best.

Thank you for your response. It's been 3-4 weeks that my status has been showing "under offer" and the recruiter tells me every week that "hopefully it will get approved this week"

I have other offer pending my decision and not being able to get an honest timeframe on this makes it very hard to commit.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Economically
Hi All,

Is anyone having issue’s uploading documents to the career portal?
I haven't had any issues but that was 3 weeks ago. What is going on?
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dropx
Thank you for your response. It's been 3-4 weeks that my status has been showing "under offer" and the recruiter tells me every week that "hopefully it will get approved this week"

I have other offer pending my decision and not being able to get an honest timeframe on this makes it very hard to commit.
Once it is under offer it needs to go to executive director of HR and once he signs it then it will go to "In Offer" unfortunately right now they are busy focusing on creating the budget for 2023 so it slowed down.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

www.acro.police.uk

I just started the onboarding phase and I am trying to progress things that have no external dependency. I am thinking to apply for the UK ACRO police clearance. Do I need any document or reference code from Neom, A1 Services, or the Saudi consulate in London to apply for the clearance or can I just go ahead and apply? Should the report be sent to my home address or which address? Thanks!
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Antony92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AAABritishExpat
www.acro.police.uk

I just started the onboarding phase and I am trying to progress things that have no external dependency. I am thinking to apply for the UK ACRO police clearance. Do I need any document or reference code from Neom, A1 Services, or the Saudi consulate in London to apply for the clearance or can I just go ahead and apply? Should the report be sent to my home address or which address? Thanks!

Yes just do it with all your UK info as it will help speed things up if you have it ready to submit when required?
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

US Degree Attestation

I have a US degree and live in the UK. I was told I need to get my degree attested in the US. Did anyone go through the attestation process in the US? Any recommended agency? Do I need any document/reference from Neom or any other party, or can I simply initiate the attestation myself and share it with A1 Visa Services in the UK? Thanks so much for your help.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

US Degree Attestation

I have a US degree and live in the UK. I was told I need to get my degree attested in the US. Did anyone go through the attestation process in the US? Any recommended agency? Do I need any document/reference from Neom or any other party, or can I simply initiate the attestation myself and share it with A1 Visa Services in the UK? Thanks so much for your help.
I have a US and a Canadian degree. For my US degree, when I was moving to Saudi, I had to get this attested from the Saudi Cultural Bureau in Washington DC. It's best to contact them and understand their process as things change with time and I had mine done many years ago. It's also best to go through an agent who will have inside connections and that can help to speed things up faster. Typically you don't need to have your current or future employer referenced for attestation as this is something you will need at any given time when applying for jobs in the GCC region.
Hope that helps!
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, @Teaandscones for the helpful response. I hope that I also hear from others if there are recent experiences with the topic and if there are any good agencies they would recommend. Will the Saudi Cultural Bureau in Washington DC suggest agencies that I can contact?
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Teaandscones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, @Teaandscones for the helpful response. I hope that I also hear from others if there are recent experiences with the topic and if there are any good agencies they would recommend. Will the Saudi Cultural Bureau in Washington DC suggest agencies that I can contact?
I am not aware and cannot remember if they do - they are not entirely very helpful, tbh - just as the Cultural Bureau in London which I've dealt with as well and had my visa issued from London. My suggestion is to check online and go through a respectable visa processing agency that is a one stop shop for all requirements.
Old Nov 24th 2022, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Jacobv84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newopps
You're ahead of me. I've been waiting 2 weeks for a letter from Gov Affairs which will allow me to kick of attestation in the UK, not that there seems to be a rush since no approvals seem to be coming out the other at the moment. Christmas will now intervene so mentally I've just shifted my departure expectations to the start of Feb at the earliest now. And it all seemed to be going swimmingly!
Hi @Newopps, have you finally received your letter from Gov Affairs? I am in the same boat since more than 2 weeks and still waiting for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.