Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old May 10th 2023, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Hanse22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Sharky03
Hey I’ve been asked to upload documents. However there is no clarification on how many payslips need to be uploaded. May I ask how many you uploaded for yourself?

Thanks!
I uploaded 1 payslip and my full contract to cover all benefits. I have read elsewhere in the threads that the more documentation the merrier - make sure you document everything, in the hope to get it covered. Good luck!
Old May 10th 2023, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

mk66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hanse22
I uploaded 1 payslip and my full contract to cover all benefits. I have read elsewhere in the threads that the more documentation the merrier - make sure you document everything, in the hope to get it covered. Good luck!
How long after you did this do you receive your offer proposal etc? Been almost a month for me, still holding faith but reading the forum I've heard some horror stories!
Old May 10th 2023, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Hanse22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mk66
How long after you did this do you receive your offer proposal etc? Been almost a month for me, still holding faith but reading the forum I've heard some horror stories!
It took just under 3 weeks, and a few times following up with hiring manager and headhunter. You may still have some effects from Eid holidays.
Old May 11th 2023, 5:31 am
Magicman

sqadri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I wondered if anyone here has set up their family elsewhere in Saudi whilst they work in NEOM? I know NEOM cover school fees up to a limit and therefore the really costs is accommodation. Which depending on where you set the family up can be manageable.
Old May 11th 2023, 7:04 am

bxpuser7645372 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JR1900
Hi All. As anyone resigned before getting the work visa. Is this safe? I am a bit concerned of resigning before getting the work visa since the offer is conditional to have the work visa. What are you thoughts on this.
Don't! I did... got stuck for 2 months waiting for my visa and had left my old job And I'm not the only one.
Old May 11th 2023, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Diplo
I would seriously consider coming out with as little as possible. It depends on what grade you are coming as and what your family situation is, but generally you will move straight into a studio room in NC2 first for a number of months, potentially up to a year. There is very little space in these rooms for bringing loads of stuff. A container? No chance.

While I appreciate that you can’t leave all your stuff, there really isn’t much of an alternative. To give you an idea, the Type B rooms in NC2 have one wardrobe, a desk, and two bedside tables with two drawers. That’s it for storage. I came out with 2x 23kg bags and it fits. If I’d filled a third, I could probably have found the space for things. Any more than that, I’d be struggling. Some people do have bikes though - I assume you mean a pedal bike rather than lots of motorcycles?

Ultimately, it’s your choice, but personally I think your only real option is 2.
I just paid for extra bags on the plane. It is cheaper an dless hassle than courrier any boxes.
Old May 11th 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Ldn2Ksa
Anyone know what the accommodation, infrastructure and schooling etc is like for the Trojena project? Guessing there’s nothing there yet. Realised being a complete noob, how far away Trojena is from the other camps, so assuming Trojena will have something if the jobs are site based, or does everyone working on Trojena live in NC1 or 2?
No school in Trojena, and no plan of having one. There's only 1 bedroom units and studios for accommodation.
The camp is about 2-2h30 from NC1/2.
Old May 11th 2023, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smart11
can someone please tell if the one room unit in NC2 is good for a couple to live in? Is the bed size good enough for two people?
It depends - if you get a B unit, yes the bed is physically big enough for two people. It’s a standard European double. If you got a C unit, then no. I believe they come with a large single bed. There’s no way of knowing until you arrive what you get, and there’s no swapping.

The issue isn’t just the bed though, it’s storage too. I can’t see how someone would fit two peoples clothes and stuff in the room, it’s tight for one.

The other question is what your partner would do all day while you’re at work. NC2 isn’t really set up for families, although there are a small number here.
Old May 12th 2023, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Sharky03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone. Couple quick questions:

I heard that the current school is no longer accepting children. I have a two year old who will need to be in daycare/nursery. Are they still accepting kids into nursery?
I’m aware it’s a very niche question but just asking around to get an idea. I will definitely ask the onboarders when I reach that stage.

Secondly, does anyone know when the new school that was being built will open?
Old May 12th 2023, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Smart11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
It depends - if you get a B unit, yes the bed is physically big enough for two people. It’s a standard European double. If you got a C unit, then no. I believe they come with a large single bed. There’s no way of knowing until you arrive what you get, and there’s no swapping.

The issue isn’t just the bed though, it’s storage too. I can’t see how someone would fit two peoples clothes and stuff in the room, it’s tight for one.

The other question is what your partner would do all day while you’re at work. NC2 isn’t really set up for families, although there are a small number here.
thanks for your reply Diplo. So basically there are no families in NC2? Is it possible to request the onboarder to make sure they give us Unit B somehow.?
Old May 12th 2023, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Electx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone. Couple quick questions:

I heard that the current school is no longer accepting children. I have a two year old who will need to be in daycare/nursery. Are they still accepting kids into nursery?
I’m aware it’s a very niche question but just asking around to get an idea. I will definitely ask the onboarders when I reach that stage.

Secondly, does anyone know when the new school that was being built will open?
I am also going through onboarding at the moment. I have been told that the family accomodation in NC1 will not be available until Q2 2024. The school has declined my enrollment request stating that they are not offering place to anyone not living in NC1. They will consider application once I start living in NC1, but then neither the accommodation nor the schooling is guaranteed.

I am still thinking how to work out, leaving my family back in the UK and join Neom. But the flight price between Neom and Manchester are too expensive to travel back to family every 2/3 months. I wonder how is everyone planning to deal with this situation. The more I think about this situation the more hopeless and depress I am becoming. Would be nice to hear thoughts from someone in similar situation
Old May 12th 2023, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Sharky03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Electx
I am also going through onboarding at the moment. I have been told that the family accomodation in NC1 will not be available until Q2 2024. The school has declined my enrollment request stating that they are not offering place to anyone not living in NC1. They will consider application once I start living in NC1, but then neither the accommodation nor the schooling is guaranteed.

I am still thinking how to work out, leaving my family back in the UK and join Neom. But the flight price between Neom and Manchester are too expensive to travel back to family every 2/3 months. I wonder how is everyone planning to deal with this situation. The more I think about this situation the more hopeless and depress I am becoming. Would be nice to hear thoughts from someone in similar situation
Thanks for that information. I’m in exactly the same situation so hoping for more clarity on this. At least if I can live in NC2 and my child can go to school (either the existing one or the new one) then it would make things easier until family accommodation is available in NC1.

Would be great to hear from anyone who was able to handle this differently.
Old May 12th 2023, 8:42 am
Just Joined

EAK1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello dears,
i am willing to join trojina team with bechtel and i want to know what is the conditions there,
Dose Bechtel accommodate employees at NC2 also or some where else
Old May 12th 2023, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that information. I’m in exactly the same situation so hoping for more clarity on this. At least if I can live in NC2 and my child can go to school (either the existing one or the new one) then it would make things easier until family accommodation is available in NC1.

Would be great to hear from anyone who was able to handle this differently.
But if you live in NC2, child will not be considered for enrollment. This is the case even if someone gets a bed apartment in NC2. To be honest, I would bring my family if I get one bed apartment ànd do home schooling for my children, but there is no one bed apartment either.

I am going to loose my remaining hair figuring out how to plan working for Neom, keeping my family situation manageable around this situation.

Old May 12th 2023, 11:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mm23
Hi Farhan,
I am currently in the onboarding phase and I have been told by the onboarding team, that I will be based at the NC2 camp intially when I arrive in April and they will start looking for a spot in NC1 closer to when my family arrive in August. This is for both 1 bed or family 2 bed units.

Unfortunately, we are not getting any certainty about the accomodation, from the various teams (school, community management, onboarding, etc) that we have spoken to. This is the main sticking point for us and we are still undecided about this whole thing because of this. Just not sure how one can pack up family and kids without any certainty about the type of accomodation? I can't imagine a family of 4 staying comfortably in a one bed unit for an extended period.

Defintiely NC1 is the place to be, but I was told that even some very senior personnel are currently staying at NC2 due to the lack of accomodation at NC1.

Would love to hear from others...

Cheers.
I m. Surprised to see that exactly the same thing is being said to prospective employees in 2023 too. Really worried about whole thing. Very excited about job but family situation seems to be getting out of control

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.