Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 16th 2023, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Diplo
Of course, see it as working conditions rather than contractual rights. If they give you a shiny new MacBook Pro as your work laptop, but replace them in a years time with something cheap, that’s just the way it is.

That said, if they suddenly take away all the remote working days and make people pay for food and accommodation, I could see that being a significant enough change to the working conditions that people would just leave. Given how many people are required for a project of this magnitude, I’m not sure that making a change that would have a pretty critical impact would be a sensible business decision.
Work from home day policy was just changed rather abruptly, which is why I bring it up. We went from having 24 to use in the year to only being allowed to have 2 per month with no carry over. It was a shock to many of us here who had already made plans with that time. It has also been a surprise for people in the hiring pipeline.
Old Apr 16th 2023, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point

this was stupid .... wat is the point of it ... best case is u can do 4 days together.. tht is last 2 days of a month n first 2 days ... its stupid if u r travelling far away ...
Old Apr 16th 2023, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tekdxb
i can answer that, Yes there is a daycare center for toddlers. My daughter is 18month and she has been admitted.

charges are 750SAR per month for half day or 1500SAR per month for full day.
Quick question on this, as we have two toddlers! And we’re mulling over a new life at Neom. Are the daycare fees claimable as in the same way as school fees, i.e. is the nursery an employee perk or is it excluded from the education/ schooling allowance?

Sorry, one more question! The pack says health insurance is for the “employee”. Is this correct? In other words does the spouse and kids have to pay?

p.s. this site is amazing! Thanks for all the tips.
Old Apr 17th 2023, 1:32 am
Just Joined

medbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMH77
Work from home day policy was just changed rather abruptly, which is why I bring it up. We went from having 24 to use in the year to only being allowed to have 2 per month with no carry over. It was a shock to many of us here who had already made plans with that time. It has also been a surprise for people in the hiring pipeline.
Still not bad I guess, it was something expected as more people start joining the project
Old Apr 17th 2023, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by medbee
Still not bad I guess, it was something expected as more people start joining the project
Originally there was no remote working at all, so easy come easy go. More in line with the other KSA projects now.
Old Apr 17th 2023, 7:02 am
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ldn2Ksa
Quick question on this, as we have two toddlers! And we’re mulling over a new life at Neom. Are the daycare fees claimable as in the same way as school fees, i.e. is the nursery an employee perk or is it excluded from the education/ schooling allowance?

Sorry, one more question! The pack says health insurance is for the “employee”. Is this correct? In other words does the spouse and kids have to pay?

p.s. this site is amazing! Thanks for all the tips.
Piggybacking off of Ldn2Ksa’s question…

If one parent is working for NEOM and the other parent also works for NEOM, is there a daycare available for when the community school is closed for the holidays or summer break? And is that daycare service provided free of charge for the employee?
Old Apr 17th 2023, 7:27 am
Just Joined

aussieaggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Originally there was no remote working at all, so easy come easy go. More in line with the other KSA projects now.
This is interesting. Is there anything else at NEOM that's not in line with other KSA projects one way or another?
Old Apr 18th 2023, 1:14 am
Just Joined

aussie_in_saudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, has anyone applied for family visas (sponsored ones, not visit ones) recently? I have obtained my Saudi work visa (for NEOM) on a degree exception letter since the attestation process was taking forever. The attestation will likely take some more time, so I wont have it in the next month or so. However, I would like to prioritize bringing my family over to KSA as soon as possible. Has anyone applied for their family visas without an attested degree, or with a degree exception letter? Any guidance would be great. Thanks!
Old Apr 18th 2023, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussie_in_saudi
Hi all, has anyone applied for family visas (sponsored ones, not visit ones) recently? I have obtained my Saudi work visa (for NEOM) on a degree exception letter since the attestation process was taking forever. The attestation will likely take some more time, so I wont have it in the next month or so. However, I would like to prioritize bringing my family over to KSA as soon as possible. Has anyone applied for their family visas without an attested degree, or with a degree exception letter? Any guidance would be great. Thanks!
hey there! Just curious will your family be staying with you or elsewhere? Have you been told what the accommodation situations is like there right now?
Old Apr 18th 2023, 7:48 am
Just Joined

wanderingexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to get residence visa for my spouse and 3 children. My family currently resides in UK and spouse currently has an Iqama. Please can someone please advise on the process and costs of securing a residence visa. With a KSA visa would my dependents still require a visa to visit other gulf states?
Old Apr 18th 2023, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

aussie_in_saudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
hey there! Just curious will your family be staying with you or elsewhere? Have you been told what the accommodation situations is like there right now?
Hi! My family will join me in Neom hopefully. From all the communication I've had up till now I can see accommodation and schooling has gotten very difficult. I had accepted my job offer in July/August 2022 and applied for school enrollment for my child right away. I was placed on waitlist and it took several months to get my child enrolled in the school. When the enrollment was confirmed, I was told housing would be provided. If it weren't for some absurd complications in the degree attestation and visa process, I would have been in Neom several months ago. I understand that the housing/schooling process has changed significantly since then. I'm just now trying to make sure I can get the visas sorted out asap and that the degree attestation doesn't become a roadblock in the family visa process. Wish me luck!
Old Apr 18th 2023, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussie_in_saudi
Hi! My family will join me in Neom hopefully. From all the communication I've had up till now I can see accommodation and schooling has gotten very difficult. I had accepted my job offer in July/August 2022 and applied for school enrollment for my child right away. I was placed on waitlist and it took several months to get my child enrolled in the school. When the enrollment was confirmed, I was told housing would be provided. If it weren't for some absurd complications in the degree attestation and visa process, I would have been in Neom several months ago. I understand that the housing/schooling process has changed significantly since then. I'm just now trying to make sure I can get the visas sorted out asap and that the degree attestation doesn't become a roadblock in the family visa process. Wish me luck!
the process for schooling and accommodation definitely changed because I got offered a job and then after the offer I got told that there were no places in the nursery for my two young children and no family accommodation either. When I asked about going on a waist list they said even that is full. So now I’ve been told to just sit back until the accommodation and schooling situation is sorted then we can pick up where we left off. I wish you all
the best, I hope the attestation doesn’t take much longer 🙂
Old Apr 19th 2023, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Ldn2Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baghdadeya
the process for schooling and accommodation definitely changed because I got offered a job and then after the offer I got told that there were no places in the nursery for my two young children and no family accommodation either. When I asked about going on a waist list they said even that is full. So now I’ve been told to just sit back until the accommodation and schooling situation is sorted then we can pick up where we left off. I wish you all
the best, I hope the attestation doesn’t take much longer 🙂
Can I ask, did you get as far as navigating the nursery fees and whether they’re an extra cost or included in the education allowance? I’ve not been able to get an answer on that. But we’re not as far down the process as your situation, but if we have to pay 48,000 for a two bed and for a nursery, the package becomes less attractive for us.
Old Apr 19th 2023, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is NEOM flexible with reconfiguring furniture in the 1-bedroom units in NC1? In an effort to avoid paying the 4k SAR per month fee for a 2-bedroom, could we opt to have 2 single beds in one room (for two young children) and add a larger bed in the family room for the parents (removing the sofa altogether)?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 19th 2023 at 9:34 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2023, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ldn2Ksa
Can I ask, did you get as far as navigating the nursery fees and whether they’re an extra cost or included in the education allowance? I’ve not been able to get an answer on that. But we’re not as far down the process as your situation, but if we have to pay 48,000 for a two bed and for a nursery, the package becomes less attractive for us.
I was informed it was all included in the allowance.. but didn’t get far enough to ask for the details. It was however included as a separate line item on top of the base salary they offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.