Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Apr 7th 2023, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Newopps
Pay day is the 25th, or closest working day before, and the cut off for having banking details in SAP is the 19th
Out of interest, I assume your first pay packet pro-rated to your start date, so if you start on 1st of the month, you get 25 days worth rather than a full month? Or maybe even 19 days if that’s the pay cut off?
Old Apr 7th 2023, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diplo
Out of interest, I assume your first pay packet pro-rated to your start date, so if you start on 1st of the month, you get 25 days worth rather than a full month? Or maybe even 19 days if that’s the pay cut off?
Payment is made on the 25th, but represents the entire month salary, so in effect you are getting 5 or 6 days payment in advance. So if you start on the 1st you will a full month's salary. If you start on the 15th, you will get half a month. Similarly, if you start on the 20th, you will get no payment that month, but the next month you will be paid 1 month and 10/11 days salary. A nice touch, I found, is that my start date was considered the day I flew out, even although I landed at 1am the next day, so that was an unexpected bonus!
Old Apr 7th 2023, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

klas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usaexpat
It took about 3 weeks for me to get my offer letter after submitting my pay slips.
thanks for the feedback. is there any additional information HR asked for?
Old Apr 7th 2023, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Penguin888 is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day,
I'm happily in NEOM on a business visa (not a work visa due to some biometric scanning related issues in Australia). Now I have to go back to Australia and convert the business visa to a work visa. NEOM have been great at getting all.my docs etc together however I haven't had any success in understanding the process / timeframe in Australia as the agent is a little confused. Has anyone done this , what did you do and how long did it take?

Old Apr 8th 2023, 3:25 am
Just Joined

usaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond reputeusaexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klas
thanks for the feedback. is there any additional information HR asked for?
When they were ready to extend an offer, I did have to complete some additional forms like a pre-employment health form and a conflict of interest form. I think that’s it outside of the pay stubs.
Old Apr 8th 2023, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Macster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am currently from UK and have an offer from NEOM. A few questions

1) The salary they offered is slightly on the lower side. Is it worth having the discussion with HR to increase it?
2) Accommodation in NC2 , is it 1 bedroom flat (separate living room and bedroom ) or just 1 room?
3) Accommodation is free but do you have to pay for utilities? electricity / water etc?
4) The relocation allowance, do you get paid the whole 75K or its like "show me the receipts and we will pay what you incured?
5) read that the starting date needs to be given before the visa arises? How does that work with handing in notice
6) Work / social life balance, how good or bad is it?
7) how much do one expect to pay for the whole location process?
8) if you are sending money from SA to UK, are there taxes on that?
9) any videos of NC2 accomodation?
Old Apr 8th 2023, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macster
Hi

I am currently from UK and have an offer from NEOM. A few questions

1) The salary they offered is slightly on the lower side. Is it worth having the discussion with HR to increase it?
It never hurts to ask but don't expect much.
2) Accommodation in NC2 , is it 1 bedroom flat (separate living room and bedroom ) or just 1 room?
3) Accommodation is free but do you have to pay for utilities? electricity / water etc?
I believe there is a fee for family accommodation if they come available. Other than that the only things you will pay for are Starbucks, Dunkin, items you pick up at the markets, netflix etc. There are also some sport lessons and training you could pay for if you wanted,
4) The relocation allowance, do you get paid the whole 75K or its like "show me the receipts and we will pay what you incured?
You will get it as a lump sum in your first pay disbursement.
5) read that the starting date needs to be given before the visa arises? How does that work with handing in notice
You will have a target starting date but when you actually arrive will depend on when you get your visa and when you leave your current job. They should go over this in your onboarding call. Depending on your notice period, I would not leave my current job until the visa process is has begun. It seems everyone has a different experience. Some people get their visas quickly, others experience all sorts of delays.
6) Work / social life balance, how good or bad is it?
Depends on your department. I know of some departments where people work very long days and will also put in a day here or there on the weekends or take work home with them. I know of others where the team is in at a certain time, out at a certain time and they have the rest of their time to do as they please. It really depends.
7) how much do one expect to pay for the whole location process?
That expense is unique to you. The company will pay for your flight here from wherever you are. Everything else (visa expenses, extra bags on the plane, storage, packing etc) is your expense. Cost of medical here to get your iqama is also yours.
8) if you are sending money from SA to UK, are there taxes on that?
9) any videos of NC2 accomodation?
Answered what I could in green.

Last edited by BMH77; Apr 8th 2023 at 6:15 pm. Reason: Made the text bold so it is easier to read.
Old Apr 8th 2023, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks BMH

any ideas about the accomodation? i have read conflicting views. seen a couple of videos on youtube and they look very clean and a proper 1 bedroom plus 1 living room flat ... others were showing a very small single room and that is it.

also, do you always have to go to the dining hall and eat there or you can get it packed and bring it to your place?
Old Apr 8th 2023, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

NC2 accomodation for a single person is the one bedroom only that you have seen on Youtube - just like a hotel room. Indeed very clean - cleaned twice a week, towels changed twice a week, bed linen once a week, laundry done twice a week.

Re dining hall, I'm not actually sure about packed meals, I've never asked. There is plenty of choice though. You can eat in either NC1 or NC2. So breakfast in NC2 before you get on the coach to NC1, or pick up breakfast in NC1 when you arrive. Then lunch in NC1 main restaurant, or there is a satellite facility to the west of the offices, among the housing, just a 5 mint walk away from my office 108. SImilarly in the evening, you can eat in NC1 before going back to NC2, or eat in NC2. And if the food starts getting to you at some point, then there's always the pizza oven, burger van, Dunkin Donuts, etc concessions in NC2 to choose from (the only thing you have to pay for).

And before anyone asks, coach service to NC1 is 30 mins in the morning, and 45 minutes returning (do to no left turns allowed, so there is a bit of doubling back). If you have a company pool car or share a ride with someone in one, thereturn journey will be around 35 minutes as the speed limit for cars is higher.

Re sending money to the UK, there are no taxes on that, but banks obviously take their cut and it's your civic duty to minimse those by working out the best route! For your first salary payment, the company will pay in USD direct to your UK bank account, because you will not have had time to get your Iqama, which is a requirement for a local KSA account. So the best thing you can do is open up a USD account in the UK to receive those funds. I have an HSBC USD account, which if you have a current account with them, can be opened in just a few minutes online. Am sure you can do similar with your own bank. And when NEOM pays your first pay check, the full USD amount will hit your UK account, with no deductions ... at least it did for me. Thereafter, the choice is yours as to how to exchange it at the lowest cost. Revolut is a favourite option with many as they give the interbank rate Monday to Friday with no other fees whatsoever, other than you having to pay 6.99 GBP per month for their Premium account (without that, you can't do unlimited currency transfers which are capped at something ridiculously low, so you really do need that).

Once you get your local account, then you will have to figure out how to move the funds to the UK as cheaply as possible. The holy grail that I am trying to do is move SAR out to my Revolut SAR account in the UK, but I'm struggling with SABB (now SAB) to get that done and thier customer service is truly attrocious and I've not found out why their systems won't let me do that. They will only allow you to set up a GBP beneficiary account at a UK bank, even although I have a SAR account. I believe some have managed it by calling their branch to get the transfer done manually, which is what I am investigating. My current path is to convert SAR to USD (at the pegged rate) for 0.1% commission at SAB and then send that to my UK HSBC account. Because SAB and HSBC are linked, that can be an instant transfer, which is reasuring, so no messing about with opaque SWIFT transfers that route goodness knows where and can take up to 5 days to arrive (athough admittedly usually only a day or so). Once I have the USD in my HSBC account, I then move it to Revolut for conversion and then out to wherever needed to pay my bills.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 10th 2023, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Aschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond reputeAschia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, what is the situation with accommodation in Oxagon? I have just received an offer for manager position and I am single female.
Old Apr 10th 2023, 10:22 am
Just Joined

nb750883 is an unknown quantity at this point

NC2 accomodation for a single person is the one bedroom only that you have seen on Youtube - just like a hotel room. Indeed very clean - cleaned twice a week, towels changed twice a week, bed linen once a week, laundry done twice a week.

Re dining hall, I'm not actually sure about packed meals, I've never asked. There is plenty of choice though. You can eat in either NC1 or NC2. So breakfast in NC2 before you get on the coach to NC1, or pick up breakfast in NC1 when you arrive. Then lunch in NC1 main restaurant, or there is a satellite facility to the west of the offices, among the housing, just a 5 mint walk away from my office 108. SImilarly in the evening, you can eat in NC1 before going back to NC2, or eat in NC2. And if the food starts getting to you at some point, then there's always the pizza oven, burger van, Dunkin Donuts, etc concessions in NC2 to choose from (the only thing you have to pay for).

And before anyone asks, coach service to NC1 is 30 mins in the morning, and 45 minutes returning (do to no left turns allowed, so there is a bit of doubling back). If you have a company pool car or share a ride with someone in one, thereturn journey will be around 35 minutes as the speed limit for cars is higher.

Re sending money to the UK, there are no taxes on that, but banks obviously take their cut and it's your civic duty to minimse those by working out the best route! For your first salary payment, the company will pay in USD direct to your UK bank account, because you will not have had time to get your Iqama, which is a requirement for a local KSA account. So the best thing you can do is open up a USD account in the UK to receive those funds. I have an HSBC USD account, which if you have a current account with them, can be opened in just a few minutes online. Am sure you can do similar with your own bank. And when NEOM pays your first pay check, the full USD amount will hit your UK account, with no deductions ... at least it did for me. Thereafter, the choice is yours as to how to exchange it at the lowest cost. Revolut is a favourite option with many as they give the interbank rate Monday to Friday with no other fees whatsoever, other than you having to pay 6.99 GBP per month for their Premium account (without that, you can't do unlimited currency transfers which are capped at something ridiculously low, so you really do need that).

Once you get your local account, then you will have to figure out how to move the funds to the UK as cheaply as possible. The holy grail that I am trying to do is move SAR out to my Revolut SAR account in the UK, but I'm struggling with SABB (now SAB) to get that done and thier customer service is truly attrocious and I've not found out why their systems won't let me do that. They will only allow you to set up a GBP beneficiary account at a UK bank, even although I have a SAR account. I believe some have managed it by calling their branch to get the transfer done manually, which is what I am investigating. My current path is to convert SAR to USD (at the pegged rate) for 0.1% commission at SAB and then send that to my UK HSBC account. Because SAB and HSBC are linked, that can be an instant transfer, which is reasuring, so no messing about with opaque SWIFT transfers that route goodness knows where and can take up to 5 days to arrive (athough admittedly usually only a day or so). Once I have the USD in my HSBC account, I then move it to Revolut for conversion and then out to wherever needed to pay my bills.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, Newopps!

With regards to transferring your monthly SAR paycheck from your SAB account to your home country bank account… does anyone here have experience with sending money back to a US-based bank account, say to one of the bigger banks like Chase or Citibank? Is the most cost-effective method to wire the money each month? I’m assuming there would be some sort of wire fees and possibly currency conversion fees?
Old Apr 10th 2023, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Hope this helps.
Many thanks ... also ... 1 last question... how do you travel within the community? asking bcz if your accomodation is on the opposite side of the dinning or the bus stop, do you need to walk to it? not a great thing in the heat ..?
Old Apr 10th 2023, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Macster
Many thanks ... also ... 1 last question... how do you travel within the community? asking bcz if your accomodation is on the opposite side of the dinning or the bus stop, do you need to walk to it? not a great thing in the heat ..?
Currently, I walk. I live in what is called the B expansion of NC2, which is at the north end of the community and a 10 minute brisk walk to the central facilities (canteen, sports, etc). It is about 900 steps for me! In NC1, I walk as well, and as I work in building 108, it is a similar 10 minute brisk walk to the north end from the coach drop off. During the week, I will do about 8000 steps a day, which I look on as being beneficial! There are golf buggies that do the rounds in both NC1 and NC2 to give you a lift, but I tend to just miss them (no fixed schedule), and am actually happy to do so for the sake of some health benefits.

But you are right, its beginning to heat up a bit now and I am told it will get to around 45 deg during the day and 32 deg at night. I will be bringing my cycle helmet back from the UK when I return from Eid and will be buying an e-scooter on amazon.sa, which many, many people use to get around. And I'm sure many more will use as the months progress. WIthout it, I will surely die in the heat (and may still anyway)!

Neom used to provide hop on-hop off scooters for people to use free of charge, but a serious accident probably about a year ago put a stop to that (but they don't mind personal use ones, so long as you wear a helmet and abide by the rules).

Last edited by Newopps; Apr 10th 2023 at 6:00 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2023, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

xandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
Could someone share experience or approach on how to get selected for a role at NEOM. Do we need to approach specific contact after applying or keep waiting and hoping someone will pick CV from the pile? I am applying for a quite long time now but with no luck. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 11th 2023, 1:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xandy
Hello All,
Could someone share experience or approach on how to get selected for a role at NEOM. Do we need to approach specific contact after applying or keep waiting and hoping someone will pick CV from the pile? I am applying for a quite long time now but with no luck. Thanks in advance.
Get yourself on LinkedIn, make sure your profile is up to date. That seems to be how most people get headhunted, if you've got skills they need they'll find you on there.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.