March Applicants

Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Hi all,

Looking at booking flights for june. Just wondering how those who have already done it went about finding out how to get extra baggage allowance?

I will post a new thread but thought I would ask my fellow marchies first.

Cheers Biddy
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

J-J-F-C will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hi all,

Looking at booking flights for june. Just wondering how those who have already done it went about finding out how to get extra baggage allowance?

I will post a new thread but thought I would ask my fellow marchies first.

Cheers Biddy
Hi Ballochbiddy,

This is an email from Singapore airlines...

Thank you for the email sent to Singapore Airlines.

Passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that statesto remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32kgs in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

Singapore Airlines policy on cabin baggage allows you to carry one item of cabin baggage only, per passenger, which must not weigh more than 7 kilos, and must not exceed 115cm in dimensions (height + depth + width). There are currently strict guidelines regarding to carry on baggage and we would strongly advise you to visit www.dft.gov.uk for these restrictions.

Thank you for choosing to fly Singapore Airlines.

Hope this helps
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Cheers JJFC,
It certainly helped us. its saved me emailing singapore airlines Monday.
we fly with them Jan 8th and was wondering what our baggage allowance would be.
Teryna
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

dedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the rough

FINALLY HAVE A CO AND WE HAVE OUR PRE-GRANT LETTER!!!

Please colour me green on the spreadsheet, we received the email 04/12/2007. Just couldn't believe it when I saw the email, was in tears.

Thanks guys for all your support, can't believe it is finally over.

Cheers
Old Dec 9th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dedrei

Please colour me green on the spreadsheet, we received the email 04/12/2007. Just couldn't believe it when I saw the email, was in tears.

Cheers
CONGRATS bet your over the moon

Now go celebrate

Suexx
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:05 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
come on!!!!!!! yeehaw well done love!!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:28 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Thanks Est. I can't wait to crack open the champers, I've got a bottle of DP that the OH bought me for our first anniversary that is itching to be popped
Took your advice bout USA. Definately not heading there, although its so tempting when they're basically offering anything for us to go. Well my mind is made up, ain't nothin changing it now!
Oh good, cos you know what would happen, soon as you agreed to it the bleedin visa would turn up!!! sit tight
Old Dec 9th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J-J-F-C
.....Or both..... Look forward to it

jjfc x
We'll pm a little nearer the time to tell ask you what you're wearing so we can spot you

Originally Posted by The howellers
Thats good to hear sam!Out with the girls tonight, so after a few vodkas the stress may go away for a while???Have you seen the bed head christmas packs??Bargain..especially at cost price!!maybe they can shift higher up your list??xxxTracey.xx:
not seen that one yet, no! am going to nip into salon before christmas though so will have a look

Cheers
Congrats

sam xxxx
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:30 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
We'll pm a little nearer the time to tell ask you what you're wearing so we can spot you

not seen that one yet, no! am going to nip into salon before christmas though so will have a look

Congrats

sam xxxx
Congrats to all new grants............message to all those still waiting.... hang in there.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Congrats to all new grants............message to all those still waiting.... hang in there.
Hi all any news from our S-J and clan?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:55 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by sophjam
Hi all any news from our S-J and clan?
No, I mailed her a few days ago, I know that they were waiting for broadband, and therfore using a mates internet when they could, bet they're having so much fun they can't be arsed with it!!

Teryna, how did your last day and all that go?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by welshviking
No, I mailed her a few days ago, I know that they were waiting for broadband, and therfore using a mates internet when they could, bet they're having so much fun they can't be arsed with it!!

Teryna, how did your last day and all that go?
Hi Wv,
Unfortuantely just like any other day.
I had 2 cards and a note no formal goodbye nothing even had the clinical manager ignore my 'good morning 'to her.
O well if i had any doubts they were gone by 9pm when i left. i had a few girls telling me they would miss me but that was it. As you may guess i was a bit disappointed. Im just hoping my leaving do on the 21st will be better.mind you i was only one of 110 nurses on the unit. Easy come easy go you see plenty of nurses looking for jobs out there.
O well moan over, 4 wks just 28 days till i leave and now i cant wait even more
Teryna
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE I THOUGHT YOUD ALL LIKE TO SEE!!

TERYNA

Guys please take note all of you who are using removal companies to help you pack your belongings, please watch the removalists like a hawk the ones we used selectively packed bits they liked in a seperate box which conventiently did not get packed into the final shipping container, this included silver, all my jewellry, ornaments and collectables.

Just think about it once they leave your house you lose control of them, they are in the care of this company and if they are taken while you are enroute to Australia you arent goin to be able to do anything about it, so I suggest that valuables are all packed together, an inventory made and a fuss made over that box or get a relative to mail the box to you once you have settled in, we lost so many valuable and sentimental items that it was heartbreaking and there is no way you can prove that it didnt get packed, and no way you can even claim through insurance.

Mine was not an isolated case nearly everyone I have spoken to has had similar stuff go missing in transit, my friend lost 2 laptops, some valuable paintings and some beautiful antique furniture.

Also, make sure that you negotiate the full price BEFORE they take your stuff ie "PAID IN FULL" on the docket, and make sure that all fees etc are paid prior to leaving, we have heard about people having their possessions held to ransom for "extra money" before they release the container, again very hard to prove if it isnt in writing up front and once they have your stuff you have no choice but to pay up, another friend was asked for $7000 so it isnt a small amount they want, its blackmail but prove it.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:47 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by bundybell
I FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE I THOUGHT YOUD ALL LIKE TO SEE!!

TERYNA

Guys please take note all of you who are using removal companies to help you pack your belongings, please watch the removalists like a hawk the ones we used selectively packed bits they liked in a seperate box which conventiently did not get packed into the final shipping container, this included silver, all my jewellry, ornaments and collectables.

Just think about it once they leave your house you lose control of them, they are in the care of this company and if they are taken while you are enroute to Australia you arent goin to be able to do anything about it, so I suggest that valuables are all packed together, an inventory made and a fuss made over that box or get a relative to mail the box to you once you have settled in, we lost so many valuable and sentimental items that it was heartbreaking and there is no way you can prove that it didnt get packed, and no way you can even claim through insurance.

Mine was not an isolated case nearly everyone I have spoken to has had similar stuff go missing in transit, my friend lost 2 laptops, some valuable paintings and some beautiful antique furniture.

Also, make sure that you negotiate the full price BEFORE they take your stuff ie "PAID IN FULL" on the docket, and make sure that all fees etc are paid prior to leaving, we have heard about people having their possessions held to ransom for "extra money" before they release the container, again very hard to prove if it isnt in writing up front and once they have your stuff you have no choice but to pay up, another friend was asked for $7000 so it isnt a small amount they want, its blackmail but prove it.
well that's cheered me up no end!

Some good news...our wedding album arrived today, can't wait to see it

Some bad news...rumours the contractors are getting laid off at xmas...ie ME
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welshviking
well that's cheered me up no end!

Some good news...our wedding album arrived today, can't wait to see it

Some bad news...rumours the contractors are getting laid off at xmas...ie ME
O dear never mind you will just have to head of to Oz a bit earlier.
Teryna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.