March Applicants

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future
Default Re: March Applicants

Originally Posted by sammyg
oh no Teryna! did quantas have a good flight price?

Well done to Sean's OH,

she's really going for it hey? It makes me really jealous to hear about people doing fantastic exercising!! I used to run and go to the gym 4/5x week then 3 yrs ago i tore my cartilage in my right knee. It took a good 6 months to get treated and recover... then a year later it happens again! I've not started running since as i've been told not to by the experts, but i ride to work and go to the gym 2/3x a week (stepping, cross trainer etc). I'm going to start Body pump soon as i love it and i know i can continue it in aus as it is taught at most gyms.

Stu (OH) runs a lot, he's lost loads of weight over the last 3 months particularly!

What i'd do for a strong knee again

anyway, i've put my violin away now!

I've started this month with a sort of detox! it's not too strict but none of the obvious foods/drinks and no dairy products. I've got my juicer back out of the cupboard and the fridge is full of organic fruit and veg.
I've detoxed before and oh my my skin went really clear, i felt amazing and i lost a few pounds.

No wine for the whole month of Jan

anyone joining me??

sam xxx
Wish i could but with only 5 days to go, we are living on whats left in the cupboards and takeaways!!!so in 4 days ive put on 6lb!!!!skin crap too with stress. Just been for 1 1/2 hr prescription facial (part of christma pressie!) so now all greasy!!
Ternya...feel for you babe,just think...what ever you throw out it will be an excuse for more shopping out in oz!!
Just washing out cupboards and going to tip!!
Tracey.xx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The howellers
Wish i could but with only 5 days to go, we are living on whats left in the cupboards and takeaways!!!so in 4 days ive put on 6lb!!!!skin crap too with stress. Just been for 1 1/2 hr prescription facial (part of christma pressie!) so now all greasy!!
Ternya...feel for you babe,just think...what ever you throw out it will be an excuse for more shopping out in oz!!
Tracey.xx
Ditto Tracey spent my day doing the same drained now half the house has gone onto the removal van forgot to leave plates and a pan so chips for tea again no diet here yet will have to do something when I get to cairns to get rid of all this extra weight. White and co were great by the way
My facials booked for friday bliss.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:48 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

I've started this month with a sort of detox! it's not too strict but none of the obvious foods/drinks and no dairy products. I've got my juicer back out of the cupboard and the fridge is full of organic fruit and veg.
I've detoxed before and oh my my skin went really clear, i felt amazing and i lost a few pounds.

anyone joining me??

sam xxx
tell me your plan man? what's in this detox exactly
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Well done to Sean's OH,

she's really going for it hey? It makes me really jealous to hear about people doing fantastic exercising!! I used to run and go to the gym 4/5x week then 3 yrs ago i tore my cartilage in my right knee. It took a good 6 months to get treated and recover... then a year later it happens again! I've not started running since as i've been told not to by the experts, but i ride to work and go to the gym 2/3x a week (stepping, cross trainer etc). I'm going to start Body pump soon as i love it and i know i can continue it in aus as it is taught at most gyms.

Stu (OH) runs a lot, he's lost loads of weight over the last 3 months particularly!

What i'd do for a strong knee again

anyway, i've put my violin away now!

anyone joining me??

sam xxx
Thanks all- I will pass on regards. We have signed up for the Canberra 50km race in April, which should be a good start to the racing calendar. OH really excited and signing up for everything now- Sydney marathon, Gold Coast 100km, Melbourne marathon, Adelaide Marathon, Perth.. She is a demon.

I was always worried about damaging my knees, but then turned to tri training (Swim, bike and run) as this prolongs and strengthens the legs more. I also drink glucosamine and condroitin everyday. Some may say this is no good for someone only 28, but it keeps the body shipshape for the bigs distances. Aim is to do another 100 miler (this time with the OH).

Keep trying to tell her that at 47kg she needs to put on some more weight if she is to be a better ocean swimmer but she does not want her running times to suffer! Ho hum..

Good luck all- back to work for me!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Sean came over all tired while i was reading your post had to go to bed for an hours nap, felt like i'd had a fight with tyson!!!

She dosnt half keep you busy, thought i was bad with shopping but shopping and races! When does she have time to work!!!

have a good day,

S-j x

Sammy, my body would love to join you, but my brain fights it daily!!!

gonna have a go though. xxxxxxxxx

S-j xx Just been to fruit barn and stocked up!

aint cheap there though.

a message for the girls..... CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, PACK PACK PACK!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

SeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really niceSeaninOzalready is just really nice

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Sorry Sean came over all tired while i was reading your post had to go to bed for an hours nap, felt like i'd had a fight with tyson!!!

She dosnt half keep you busy, thought i was bad with shopping but shopping and races! When does she have time to work!!!

have a good day,

S-j x

aint cheap there though.

a message for the girls..... CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, PACK PACK PACK!
S-J,

You make me laugh. She is tireless and keeps telling me that she can do anything as well as any man. Every time I think she is pushed to limit she just bounces back and then lambasts me for slowing the pace.

Her job keeps her on the go and she does a fair bit of travel. Training does mean that we are up most days at 4:50am and then out before getting home for a light brekkie before work. I am lucky as she shares my passion to succeed and hopefully if all goes well I would love to see her in a team GB tracksuit in London.

Anyways as for the shopping- she does that mainly on her own or with her girlfriends (they do the whole lunch thing to at the weekends). I (as many men no doubt have learned) that it is best to let her do things like that on her own. best I don't know how much she spends then we can't fall out about it. Mind you she works hard and we are not in any strife financially, so why not I say!

Your weather is headed our way at the weekend. I hope all is well up on the sunny coast.

Cheers
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

yep, hopefully weather wont be too crappy, but i got a feeling it will be. We have friends up tomorrow for the weekend from Sydney. So we'll see how it goes, just made up the beds and converted Simons 'games room' into another bedroom. (he's gutted no PS3/360 LIVE at the weekend,LOL)

Wish me luck, that will bring our household number to a grand 12! will be lots and lots of fun, cant wait... off to shops and BWS as we speak...

Have a fun weekend,

S-j xx

your wife reminds me of me a little, ladies that lunch, shopping like mad, work, lots of energy, all bar the Tri's. You'd most likely find me running around all nighters in leeds and manchester from fri-sun in my undies!!............................... Then all that ended................
.................We had kids! You love em and they are amazing but at the same time, very occasionally, you read something or see something that wishes you could have another blast at the 'old' life!

Enjoy it Sean. x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

yep, hopefully weather wont be too crappy, but i got a feeling it will be. We have friends up tomorrow for the weekend from Sydney. So we'll see how it goes, just made up the beds and converted Simons 'games room' into another bedroom. (he's gutted no PS3/360 LIVE at the weekend,LOL)

Wish me luck, that will bring our household number to a grand 12! will be lots and lots of fun, cant wait... off to shops and BWS as we speak...

Have a fun weekend,

S-j xx

your wife reminds me of me a little, ladies that lunch, shopping like mad, work, lots of energy, all bar the Tri's. You'd most likely find me running around all nighters in leeds and manchester from fri-sun in my undies!!............................... Then all that ended................
.................We had kids! You love em and they are amazing but at the same time, very occasionally, you read something or see something that wishes you could have another blast at the 'old' life!

Enjoy it Sean. x
Mate you have just about brought a tear to my eye. Thing is that I feel the exact same thing. Although I have always enjoyed my sport, I was always the life and soul of the party back in student and London days. I was very much work,work work and then party like there was no tomorrow. Although I was more of the willd partier with my rugby mates- she was always more sophisticated in her choice of venues and drinks etc (I am easily pleased with a cold pint and a steak:-)

was talking to a mate of mine the other day who also wished his student days were back, but then we came to the conclusion that those times would always be good as one never had to worry about bills, rent and life was really easy going. Not reality unfortunately..

OH and I realised however in London that although we were both doing well, there had to be more to our time on earth and so took the gamble.

I think I still have the energy to do as much- only occassional urge to go raving now though. Just channel energy into other things now. Whilst we both still enjoy a drink, I find I am so much more productive without it- plus at current level of fitness I start to feel it after 3 beers. You also have to agree that with high temps the last thing you want on a weekend is to be stuck indoors with your head over the toilet bowl.. (sorry for graphic description)

As you said you had kids and then other priorities come along. I hope to have kids sometime, but also feel so excited at new challenges that I have faced and overcome with OH in last three years out here.

I truly wish you all the best S-J. You folks seem like you have the best attitude and I am sure you will be an asset to the coast.

take it easy
S
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The howellers
Tracey.xx
Good on ya Tracey, i'm treating my sen to a nice facial before i go

Originally Posted by welshviking
tell me your plan man? what's in this detox exactly
Well, an example day (today) i'm having:
Breakfast:Glas of hot water with lemon juice first, apple and blueberry smoothie with a bowl of chopped banana sprinkled with walnuts.

Snacking throughtout the day on nuts (no salt etc)

Dinner: salmon, sweet pot, broccoli and carrots

Tea: chopped raw veg (carrots, cucumber tomato) dipped in my home made guacomole (first time i've ever made it but it's well nice)

Drink loads of water and snack on apples, pineapple etc (but no oranges yet?!)

I'm making carrot and almond soup tomorrow and yesterday i had prawn and avacado salad.

Any fish, brown rice, just about any fruit, any veg...

I'm going to do this for a week and then introduce chicken in but keep the fruit and veg intake up for the whole month.

i'm also taking milk thistle supplements to help clean my liver that's had a good battering all year

Come on, join me! it doesn't have to be done in the same way as i'm doing it but no alcohol and a healthy diet is still the same

aint cheap there though.
good an ya SJ are you giving the wine up too or just doing the healthy eating?

ahhh...you've got company haven't you - that makes it harder!

Sam xxxxx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:11 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Breakfast:Glas of hot water with lemon juice first, apple and blueberry smoothie with a bowl of chopped banana sprinkled with walnuts.

Tea: chopped raw veg (carrots, cucumber tomato) dipped in my home made guacomole (first time i've ever made it but it's well nice)

I'm making carrot and almond soup tomorrow and yesterday i had prawn and avacado salad.

I'm going to do this for a week and then introduce chicken in but keep the fruit and veg intake up for the whole month.

i'm also taking milk thistle supplements to help clean my liver that's had a good battering all year

Come on, join me! it doesn't have to be done in the same way as i'm doing it but no alcohol and a healthy diet is still the same

Sam xxxxx

to be honest that's not that different from what I actually eat, surprisingly raw swede is lovely as a dipper, found out while ago
Why no oranges though? I eat loads of those.

And I def fancy the liver cleaning bit
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
to be honest that's not that different from what I actually eat, surprisingly raw swede is lovely as a dipper, found out while ago
Why no oranges though? I eat loads of those.

And I def fancy the liver cleaning bit
Oranges have to much of the wrong kind of acid in...or something like that??!!

I'm trying to get my hands on wheat grass to add to my smoothies but it's hard to get hold of and expensive!

Good on ya gal if you eat like that anyway. We don't eat badly in general but tend to go a bit mad at weekends

last time i detoxed i just had juices and smoothies and the only thing i ate was fruit and veg, but it does make you feel a bit dodgy in between.

I've just felt run down for a while i think last years stress took it out of me so this year i want to be back to healthy me again.

Sam x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SeaninOzalready

I was always worried about damaging my knees, but then turned to tri training (Swim, bike and run) as this prolongs and strengthens the legs more. I also drink glucosamine and condroitin everyday. Some may say this is no good for someone only 28, but it keeps the body shipshape for the bigs distances. Aim is to do another 100 miler (this time with the OH).
i don't think it's too young, i'm only 30 now and wish i had!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:24 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys Happy christmas and a very happy new year, i aint been on for ages i broke my bloody hand over christmas so was in a cast til NYE

Well this is the year that it is all going to be happenin, i am pretty excited tbh......i am off work so Kat and I were having a good old chat in bed this morning about what were taking and what were not going to take.........i personally dnt think we will have all that much stuff to take with us as our house is pretty small anyhows.

Were still looking at the 15th April SIA from Heathrow........woohoo.

Good to hear so many of you have settled on the other seide alreddy...........and you SJ you wanna cover up girl

Will try and get on a bit more but you know how it is for the last few months you have left in UK.

Love ya xx

KOH
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

What r u like another break. I hope it mends quickly. Wont be long 4 u guys now.

Suexx
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

good an ya SJ are you giving the wine up too or just doing the healthy eating?

ahhh...you've got company haven't you - that makes it harder!

Sam xxxxx
I might join you Sam, I'm going into hospital for a small op on the 14th, so I could do with detoxing before that. I'm actually looking forward to all the fruit and veg after all the crap I consumed over the festive period!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.