Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:56 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

god how late did you lot stay up!!!!!!

Originally Posted by somme
First in Oz buys the drinks that will be want2bethere

Must be buying the tickets for reccie trip

Wnt2bethere are you still up for it ?
yeah sure thing my shout
are you working your way through that list havent looked at mine for 2 days

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you dont believe in the easy life then

anyway i am off to bed - got the estimator from the shipping company in in the morning and the house looks like a tip!
talk tomorrow
has he/she been yet, how did it go
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:59 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Afternoon Tiggs,

Just finished stage one of my Company filing.

Only another 12 stages to go!!!

Just trying to get my CV together too. I have great problems describing my current 'job' since I do everything from running the company to getting the coffee!

Us flirting - never!
i havent even started on company accounts for last year, have to be done before we go i'll add it to my list
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:02 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
god how late did you lot stay up!!!!!!

yeah sure thing my shout
are you working your way through that list havent looked at mine for 2 days

has he/she been yet, how did it go
nice lady from crown - yes she was here this morning
the quote will be in the post monday - not looking forward to that bit
it was only when i went around the house with her that i really started to grasp just how much stuff we have to ship - and that is after i have been throwing stuff out for weeks

i told her that we HAVE to fit in a 20ft so she has instructions to give me a list of anything that she thinks wont fit so i can make some decisions on what not to take

i was very impressed with her and i like the idea that it is crown doing the unpacking at the other end too (although i wont be using their insurance at 2-4%)

shipping company assessor number 2 in tomorrow morning
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
so far so good

nice lady from crown - yes she was here this morning
the quote will be in the post monday - not looking forward to that bit
it was only when i went around the house with her that i really started to grasp just how much stuff we have to ship - and that is after i have been throwing stuff out for weeks

i told her that we HAVE to fit in a 20ft so she has instructions to give me a list of anything that she thinks wont fit so i can make some decisions on what not to take

i was very impressed with her and i like the idea that it is crown doing the unpacking at the other end too (although i wont be using their insurance at 2-4%)

shipping company assessor number 2 in tomorrow morning
i keep thinking we'll have no problems getting everything into a 20ft container, but then i open a few cupboards and look in the garage and now i'm not to sure. havent had anyone out yet,just had a few quotes for a 20ft on the phone. crown is the only one i havent phoned. pss was quite competitive. i'll have to start arranging for some visits.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:16 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
i keep thinking we'll have no problems getting everything into a 20ft container, but then i open a few cupboards and look in the garage and now i'm not to sure. havent had anyone out yet,just had a few quotes for a 20ft on the phone. crown is the only one i havent phoned. pss was quite competitive. i'll have to start arranging for some visits.
i was sure that we wouldnt have a problem with the 20ft - but now i am not so sure
i guess i will know by monday
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

i was sure that we wouldnt have a problem with the 20ft - but now i am not so sure
i guess i will know by monday
Hope it becomes clear soon. I'm worried we might need a 40ft container!!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

jenandjames is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Whinging Pom House seller

I am just as frustrated with the house market. We sold our house approx 6 weeks ago, with a provisional date to move out at the end of October. The buyers have had to pull out because their buyers did not want a house with a water metre installed !!!!!!! So the house is back on the market, fingers crossed as we have a viewing on Saturday but I just don't want to put too much thought into it as sods law nothing will come off it. We have booked our flights for 3rd January 2008, and really wouldlove the house to be gone by then, but more than likely it seems that we will be skint when we arrive on Oz.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!

No! I was kindly suggesting that we find another man for Mrs Bushey and then send Bushey off with Daunted in her camper van - the one she's going to buy..... to travel round Oz together.

However a threesome would work too.......

Frighteningly, I am stone cold sober tonight...........
Mr and Mrs Bushey look very happy together thanks so maybe we can find me a single man, possibly motor mechanic just incase my campervan breaks down along the way
Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Mr and Mrs Bushey look very happy together thanks so maybe we can find me a single man, possibly motor mechanic just incase my campervan breaks down along the way
Hi Daunted!

Sorry we were taking your name in vain............

I'll keep a look out for a cute, single, motor mechanic with a visa for you!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted!

I'll keep a look out for a cute, single, motor mechanic with a visa for you!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Smile Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Congratulations Somme, just read your fantastic news, now i am really jealous.

Well we have had 2 viewings last week and have another one arranged for saturday afternoon, so fingers crossed. Funny thing is thou that they are a completely different couple with the same sirname Its Lomax so not a popular name. Do you think the EA are having a laugh or what

What do you lot think. Because I do think that they have people who they just send round to view properties to keep the sellers quiet....
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Well so much for my fabby idea - knew it sounded to good to be true - the local authority do not want to buy my house back

humph - losing the will to live.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors came out today with a report on the market. The details are on their website and it does include comments from all areas of the UK on local markets. www.rics.org if anyone is interested
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Well so much for my fabby idea - knew it sounded to good to be true - the local authority do not want to buy my house back

that's crap

What are we all going to do:curse:
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:35 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by jenandjames
I am just as frustrated with the house market. We sold our house approx 6 weeks ago, with a provisional date to move out at the end of October. The buyers have had to pull out because their buyers did not want a house with a water metre installed !!!!!!! So the house is back on the market, fingers crossed as we have a viewing on Saturday but I just don't want to put too much thought into it as sods law nothing will come off it. We have booked our flights for 3rd January 2008, and really wouldlove the house to be gone by then, but more than likely it seems that we will be skint when we arrive on Oz.
have you posted on the thread before? i am losing track
just in case i havent said it before - welcome to the mad house

Originally Posted by daunted
lol at the mechanic!
i did try and tell her that we should be looking for a single bloke for you ...

Hi Daunted!

i didnt take anyones name in vain - although i might have talked about her a bit

Originally Posted by Gonnago

did sound too good to be true - would have been nice tho
do you have any viewers for the weekend?

Last edited by Tiggs+Graz; Oct 11th 2007 at 3:36 pm. Reason: cant spell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.