Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Wikiposts

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 13th 2008, 8:01 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi Bec, how are you?
Yes completely fed up with the neighbours actuallty, keep asking whats happening with us (our sales have fallen through 3 times already).
Everyone seems to think that they are a property expert all of a sudden.
We have to validate in less than 4 months, we are thinking that we may have to take 20k less than our original offer....well we are thinking that if we put our money in a high interest account coupled with the money we will save on validation, it may just not seem so bad.
any news on your house sale? Are you watching BBC 2, the truth about property? x
hiya bec

oh i tell you what, its getting so frustrating, we go in 3 weeks and i just wish everything was done and dusted. i'm sick of people asking me the same stupid fu**ing questions all the time, i know they are interested, but i am gonna put an email out on monday asking that people back off:curse:
they will probably think i am a moody get, but i dont care
i think you have been through the mill with your house and I hope it sells quickly again
bec
Old May 13th 2008, 8:06 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by egghead4
hiya bec

oh i tell you what, its getting so frustrating, we go in 3 weeks and i just wish everything was done and dusted. i'm sick of people asking me the same stupid fu**ing questions all the time, i know they are interested, but i am gonna put an email out on monday asking that people back off:curse:
they will probably think i am a moody get, but i dont care
i think you have been through the mill with your house and I hope it sells quickly again
bec

same to you babe, hope everything comes to a head soon x
Old May 13th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Hellooooo

Well we are finally back on line for what seems like an eternity, but has apparenly only been 2.5 weeks, it felt much longer I can tell you. Although we were on line in the apartment for 3 weeks, it wasn't a very good link which could be why it feels much longer

So no news on my house front, other than we have changed EA, they went yesterday to do a valuation, we have the pics that the old EA had and they are going to use them rather than take new ones of an empty house. Although we are hoping they got a better one from outside. Fingers crossed that we will have more success with these and with that lovely Uk weather you are having at the moment it brings some buyers out of the woodwork.

I spoke to my dad on Skype last night who came back from America at the weekend, he still has our dog and while walking him on Monday noticed that quite a few houses that had been for sale a while have sold while he had been away, so he has said that the market looks like it is picking up - lets hope so.

Will one of you kind souls do a quick run down of what I have missed, anyone sold, etc as there is no way I can wade through the amount of pages it would take to catch up with you lot of chatterboxes.

I have noticed that Beth is back and this is great news and that she is heading to Melbourne too, take it from me you won't regret it Beth It is 9.50 in the morning here, I am sat on the bed typing this, in 3/4 pants and a t shirt and it is winter, when I look out of the window I have blue sky, a couple of clouds but not many and the Briars National Park, it is beautiful.

Well by for now.

Tracy
Old May 13th 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Hi Tracy

Welcome back, glad you are enjoying things- house market not changed for most people here though many are in process of changing EA and seeing more viewers! Hopefully that will be the case for you also! I have only seen one 'sold' sign so not feeling overly positive at the moment, though its good that your Dad seen some in your home area.

Look forward to hearing all about Mount Martha
Angi
Old May 13th 2008, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hellooooo

Well we are finally back on line for what seems like an eternity, but has apparenly only been 2.5 weeks, it felt much longer I can tell you. Although we were on line in the apartment for 3 weeks, it wasn't a very good link which could be why it feels much longer

So no news on my house front, other than we have changed EA, they went yesterday to do a valuation, we have the pics that the old EA had and they are going to use them rather than take new ones of an empty house. Although we are hoping they got a better one from outside. Fingers crossed that we will have more success with these and with that lovely Uk weather you are having at the moment it brings some buyers out of the woodwork.

I spoke to my dad on Skype last night who came back from America at the weekend, he still has our dog and while walking him on Monday noticed that quite a few houses that had been for sale a while have sold while he had been away, so he has said that the market looks like it is picking up - lets hope so.

Will one of you kind souls do a quick run down of what I have missed, anyone sold, etc as there is no way I can wade through the amount of pages it would take to catch up with you lot of chatterboxes.

I have noticed that Beth is back and this is great news and that she is heading to Melbourne too, take it from me you won't regret it Beth It is 9.50 in the morning here, I am sat on the bed typing this, in 3/4 pants and a t shirt and it is winter, when I look out of the window I have blue sky, a couple of clouds but not many and the Briars National Park, it is beautiful.

Well by for now.

Tracy
Hi Tracy!!!

Great to see you back. Thanks for the PM - it was lovely to know you cared - sorry I didn't reply - but I thought you were offline in your new rental.

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. Makes us all feel it is worth it. Fingers crossed for your new EA - if your market is starting to move, hopefully, a relaunch with a new agent will help.

News;

I have odd news - deal with developer fell through and since then we have had lots of interest in the house - funny that eh? Waiting to see if a 2nd viewing comes to anything but have 2 backup plans should it not.

Had a PM from Sparkywife this week to say they arrived safely in Adelaide - about the same time as you. Their house sale went through and her OH has a job offer. So all good.

Gonnago got her visa last Friday. YAY!! Flying out the end of June.

Nicky, Icarus and O2O have had viewings but no offers. Nicky has changed EAs twice. One she sacked the first day.

Tina lost her buyer due to chain breakdown.

SammyG accepted an offer and the sale is going through slowly.

Wardy2 still has a buyer but they couldn't complete fast enough so poor Kaye will have to validate next week while she is waiting.

ERRRMMM - trying to think who was on the thread when you were on.... I'm sure you have read the last few pages anyway. Apologies to anyone I missed!!!

Great to have you back!
Old May 13th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Hi tracy *waves* - Fly you forgot to mention that we have discovered Dan the Plumber is a bit of a god *swoon*

Im off out will catch up with you all this arvo *mwah*
Old May 13th 2008, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Hi tracy *waves* - Fly you forgot to mention that we have discovered Dan the Plumber is a bit of a god *swoon*

Im off out will catch up with you all this arvo *mwah*
PMSL - yes go back a few pages and watch the clip of Dan in his band - he's the drummer.

Have a good day hun.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of the gorgeous Plumber boy - where is he? I wanna flirt with him
Old May 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

ralphand nic will become famous soon enough

Hi all

New to this thread and wish i didnt have to post on it but......due to complete on Friday and buyers pulled out Monday...gutted!!!

Just about to book flights as well and hand in my notice( need to give 3 months as a teacher).

Bloody 1st time buyers and credit.....i can hardly say it CRUNCH!!:curse:

Still planning to go to Sydney mid Sept and if it dont sell we`ll rent. Got to sort out tax issues with Aus govt re:capital gains which i`m aware of as its been discussed on other forums here.

CHIN UP....DONT LET THE BAS***DS GRIND US DOWN!!!

OZ BOUND? yOU BET!!!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ralphand nic
Hi all

New to this thread and wish i didnt have to post on it but......due to complete on Friday and buyers pulled out Monday...gutted!!!

OMG! Karma sent, think you need it. This selling houses business is so stressful. This is why I am not even thinking about it as a possibility til the contracts are actually exchanged!

Keep up your positive attitude, you have to or you'll cry!
Old May 13th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Just about to book flights as well and hand in my notice( need to give 3 months as a teacher).

Still planning to go to Sydney mid Sept and if it dont sell we`ll rent. Got to sort out tax issues with Aus govt re:capital gains which i`m aware of as its been discussed on other forums here.

OZ BOUND? yOU BET!!!
christ, have you already exchanged then... at least you get to keep the deposit

you still have until the 31st to resign, hopefully a new buyer will appear instantaneously.

We're STILL waiting to exchange, now about 8 weeks since we accepted an offer. Really hoping to exchange this week so we can book our shippers.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

OZ BOUND? yOU BET!!!
BUGGER!!!:curse: but welcome. Will you get any money out of them for pulling out so late?

We have a viewing 5.45 today and 2 tomorrow so hopefully the market is picking up fingers crossed.

My St Joseph turned up this morning but I've got to bury the poor sod upside down in the front garden not very nice for a St. My front garden is paved to will have to put him in one of the plant pots or hanging baskets If I get a offer in the next few days we will no it works

Tina x
Old May 13th 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

ralphand nic will become famous soon enough

No we hadnt exchanged, only signed. We thought they had instructed their solicitors to exchange but they delayed and OUR solicitor was on holiday for 7 days last week!!

Think i must have broken a mirror sometime in the last 7 years ( if you believe in all that superstition stuff!!)

During this time they`d seen another house 10 grand cheaper, but didnt bother to come back to us to see if we could do a deal.

Thanks for the karma, trying to stay positive.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No we hadnt exchanged, only signed. We thought they had instructed their solicitors to exchange but they delayed and OUR solicitor was on holiday for 7 days last week!!

Think i must have broken a mirror sometime in the last 7 years ( if you believe in all that superstition stuff!!)

During this time they`d seen another house 10 grand cheaper, but didnt bother to come back to us to see if we could do a deal.

Thanks for the karma, trying to stay positive.
OMG, you poor things - if I was you, I'd ring them up and say you'll knock £10K off and they are ready to exchange - plus they won't have to pay for another survey - so they save money. It's worth a shot! If they dropped you, they are even more likely to drop the other people too.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:30 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

afternoon all , what have i missed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.