Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:13 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
bundy, its very kind of you to be concerned and offer to help!!
however my dilemma is kinda money related.
I was going to resign from work so that i could concentrate on kids...twins start nursery in september so i gotta be at home to take them for their 2 and a half hours a day. Had lots of probs with lucy being upset when i go to work nights too, so dont want to have to do that.
thing is, i work part time - term time(24 hours/ week for 38 weeks), and if i resign the end of september im going to end up owing a huge chunk of wages.
perhaps with hindsight i should have resigned about 4 weeks ago, and i wouldnt have been in such a pickle.
but to carry on working is going to end up costing me in childcare......currently about 100 a week!
you see my dilemma?

i honestly dunno what to do!!

Sue
have a look at this, and I will check a few other things

http://www.incometax.gov.je/childcaretaxrelief.asp

Last edited by Covenant; Jul 27th 2004 at 4:20 am.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:19 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by Covenant
Sue
have a look at this, and I will check a few other things
is that you Suhki?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:20 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
is that you Suhki?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:21 am
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

in our youth, in innocence, we view the world, but politics awakens us to the reality of the darkness in the soul of mankind.

Only you would put this as a signature!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:22 am

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
in our youth, in innocence, we view the world, but politics awakens us to the reality of the darkness in the soul of mankind.

Only you would put this as a signature!!!

Sorry, I tend to be a bit sad at times!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. Was that really you Loose ?

No need mate. I insist you finish your holiday.

We can handle these brazen hussies until you return
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:57 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to resign from work so that i could concentrate on kids...twins start nursery in september so i gotta be at home to take them for their 2 and a half hours a day. Had lots of probs with lucy being upset when i go to work nights too, so dont want to have to do that.
thing is, i work part time - term time(24 hours/ week for 38 weeks), and if i resign the end of september im going to end up owing a huge chunk of wages.
perhaps with hindsight i should have resigned about 4 weeks ago, and i wouldnt have been in such a pickle.
but to carry on working is going to end up costing me in childcare......currently about 100 a week!
you see my dilemma?

Hmmmmm....tricky one Sue. The old catch-22. Not quite sure what to suggest other than a radical career change or a stab at the lottery.

Shame I don't live nearer or I maybe I could have done something more practical!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
S'Ok Bundy you're not on your own ... I'm back ... at least for a little while.

problem is the time zones. Everytime I check in to defend the girls you folk are all away for lunch or something.

Oh well, at least I'm with you in spirit (so to speak).

M

Good, good Mairi. I'm currently toying with the idea of getting the internet at home. I've resisted thus far because it's free at work, and if I'm online at both ends of my life, I'd get even less done than I do now. However, since my teccie younger brother is currently living in the same city, I intend to get him to sort me out with a computer and internet link at home as payment for doing all his laundry and feeding his hollow legs.

Then I'll be online all the time! What a joyous prospect! I can see Bix hugging himself with glee from here!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:41 pm

you see my dilemma?

Sue, had a thought. Have you discussed this with your employer?
Advise them that you have got this problem, and tell them that you are not going to be much use to them with all the stress and worry. Suggest hours where you can still meet your contractual obligations, but stretched over a longer period of time, but will allow you the flexibility of time you need.

Still thinking of anything else.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:06 am
She's a bird, you know

Hang on a minute! What's going on here? We're all being polite and helpful!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:25 am

Originally posted by bundy
Hang on a minute! What's going on here? We're all being polite and helpful!

Sorry, momentary lapse of concentration, obviously Bix's Gentlemanly manners are rubbing onto me.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:30 am
She's a bird, you know

Sorry, momentary lapse of concentration, obviously Bix's Gentlemanly manners are rubbing onto me.
Nah, it's just us lot lulling you into a false sense of security, making you feel all pink-fluffy-bunny-rabbits.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:41 am

Nah! its just our natural male protective instincts that are coming out when faced with you poor defenceless women.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:46 am
She's a bird, you know

poor defenceless women.
Are we talking about the same people here? Me? Defenceless? (I'll give you poor, as I am pretty skint)
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:51 am

Originally posted by bundy
Are we talking about the same people here? Me? Defenceless? (I'll give you poor, as I am pretty skint)

Look, I know you're pretty and skinny, but that won't get you any extra servings of compliments!

If we sez you're defeceless, defenceless you are!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.