Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
oh good gracious.......dont get him going again!!!!! You know what he gets like....................

Well he started it! I can't help it if I make him go all peculiar. Anyway Sue, we all know it's you he's thinking of in the shower. Or is that Gareth Gates (see his other thread)
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:03 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Get a grip on yourself loose before the ladies do!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:08 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Back onto the bird/bloke argument....

I return from a hard day's slog, knackered from aforementioned chest infection to find the flat a tip, no bogroll, the lightbulb gone in the bathroom and two sinks full of water that wouldn't drain. Since it was Mr B's day off, one might think that he could have sorted these things out for himself before I got home. But no. Mr B wandered off to the pub with his mates, leaving me to go shopping for lightbulbs and bogroll and then pull apart a maze of plumbing to fix the sink problem whilst answering emergency calls from work.

So by the time Mr B got home, the flat was clean and tidy, there was plenty of bogroll and a new lightbulb in the bathroom and the two sinks were working perfectly. I was still coughing my lungs up and had taken myself off to bed at the end of a very long and tiring day and what did Mr B say? 'Did you know the lightbulb in the bathroom's gone?'
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:08 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Covenant
Get a grip on yourself loose before the ladies do!!

In his dreams.....
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy

I return from a hard day's slog, knackered from aforementioned chest infection to find the flat a tip, no bogroll, the lightbulb gone in the bathroom and two sinks full of water that wouldn't drain. Since it was Mr B's day off, one might think that he could have sorted these things out for himself before I got home. But no. Mr B wandered off to the pub with his mates, leaving me to go shopping for lightbulbs and bogroll and then pull apart a maze of plumbing to fix the sink problem whilst answering emergency calls from work.

So by the time Mr B got home, the flat was clean and tidy, there was plenty of bogroll and a new lightbulb in the bathroom and the two sinks were working perfectly. I was still coughing my lungs up and had taken myself off to bed at the end of a very long and tiring day and what did Mr B say? 'Did you know the lightbulb in the bathroom's gone?'

sounds like a similar scenario in our house! I worked sunday night and had to stay up yesterday with the kids cos he was working. When he got in, he had the nerve to ask what was for tea.

bet if mr bundy is anything like my ex he wanted a bit of nookie that night too eh? and they wonder why we shove em off!!!!!!

sue
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:12 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Time to tell the bugger to either start pullling his weight, or if he wants to continue acting like a child, then to go home to his mummy.

Gives all us blokes a bad name.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:14 am
She's a bird, you know

bet if mr bundy is anything like my ex he wanted a bit of nookie that night too eh? and they wonder why we shove em off!!!!!!

sue

Yep, but I quashed that one with The Look. Plus my scummy cough is really rather unappealing
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:15 am

Yep, but I quashed that one with The Look. Plus my scummy cough is really rather unappealing
normally quite like a woman thats hot and sweaty, but ugh... Nasty!!:scared:
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:18 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Covenant
normally quite like a woman thats hot and sweaty, but ugh... Nasty!!:scared:

Charming! Typical male response.....No 'poor you, what can I do to make it better...shall I rub your back with Vicks and feed you Lemsips?'. Oh no.

Got my revenge though. Since I was entirely unable to breathe lying down, I spent all night sitting up coughing and spluttering and watching crap on TV. Much like Mr B when he gets in from the pub....
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:24 am

Charming! Typical male response.....No 'poor you, what can I do to make it better...shall I rub your back with Vicks and feed you Lemsips?'. Oh no.

Got my revenge though. Since I was entirely unable to breathe lying down, I spent all night sitting up coughing and spluttering and watching crap on TV. Much like Mr B when he gets in from the pub....

I was talking about your scummy cough! Anycase, goosefat was suggested!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

hey stewie!!
we might be neighbours!! Im in sheffield.......

sue
Hi Sue

If you look out of your window and can see a "House for sale" sign in a front garden near you.....then that could be my house.

It's been on the market since yesterday......No offers yet....can't understand it
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Stewie
Hi Sue

If you look out of your window and can see a "House for sale" sign in a front garden near you.....then that could be my house.

It's been on the market since yesterday......No offers yet....can't understand it

hehe...there are aout 3 on my road!!!
good luck with it all...........

sue
Old Jul 27th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

hehe...there are aout 3 on my road!!!
good luck with it all...........

sue
We're the only one for sale on our road....is that good or bad?

Obviously don't live on your road then.

I suspect all our neighbours are frantically ringing the estate agent now to see how much the house is on for

Only the next door neighbour knows we've applied to emigrate...but I'm expecting all the questions over the next couple of days

"Moving to Melbourne? What's wrong with Sheffield?"

Nowt!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:04 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Lured another one into the lair...shame it wasn't another girl. I'm feeling a bit lonely here on my own, what with Simone in Oz, Larissa in Greece, Sue....actually, where is Sue?

S'Ok Bundy you're not on your own ... I'm back ... at least for a little while.

problem is the time zones. Everytime I check in to defend the girls you folk are all away for lunch or something.

Oh well, at least I'm with you in spirit (so to speak).

M
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:54 am

What's the debate then, you know, the whole future thing? Anything we can help with?

bundy, its very kind of you to be concerned and offer to help!!
however my dilemma is kinda money related.
I was going to resign from work so that i could concentrate on kids...twins start nursery in september so i gotta be at home to take them for their 2 and a half hours a day. Had lots of probs with lucy being upset when i go to work nights too, so dont want to have to do that.
thing is, i work part time - term time(24 hours/ week for 38 weeks), and if i resign the end of september im going to end up owing a huge chunk of wages.
perhaps with hindsight i should have resigned about 4 weeks ago, and i wouldnt have been in such a pickle.
but to carry on working is going to end up costing me in childcare......currently about 100 a week!
you see my dilemma?

i honestly dunno what to do!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.