Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SamanthaL
Doctors dont always get their prognosis right bundy.

They gave my friend 3 years to live and that was 4 years ago.

As you say, the whole lifstyle package counts for alot doesnt it?
None of us are guaranteed to wake up in the morning are we?
And your mum seems to be proving to those doctors that they are not always right.

Heres to your mums continued health bundy!!!!

Yeah, the initially gave her 6 weeks, told us to prepare (like that's easy) and talked about palliative care, booked her into the hospice etc etc. Then they revised their prognosis. Basically, they thought the cancer had spread to her liver and it hadn't, so it could have been a lot worse.

My mum is amazing. I always knew that, but now I'm so proud of her it's not true.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:10 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Yes.
Glad that she is doing OK Bundy Hope your Dad is too.

G

Well, when we work through the obsessive compulsive disorder, the social anxiety, the panic disorder and the morbid fear of all things medical, I'm sure he'll be fine! Poor bugger has been suffering all this for decades - none of it came as a surprise to us. At least he is being treated now though, so it's a start.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Yeah, the initially gave her 6 weeks, told us to prepare (like that's easy) and talked about palliative care, booked her into the hospice etc etc. Then they revised their prognosis. Basically, they thought the cancer had spread to her liver and it hadn't, so it could have been a lot worse.

My mum is amazing. I always knew that, but now I'm so proud of her it's not true.
Well both of you hang on in there then
It must have helped having you home even if it did delay your plans.

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:12 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Well, when we work through the obsessive compulsive disorder, the social anxiety, the panic disorder and the morbid fear of all things medical, I'm sure he'll be fine! Poor bugger has been suffering all this for decades - none of it came as a surprise to us. At least he is being treated now though, so it's a start.
Those are some of the things I've spent the last 25 years treating

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:12 am
She's a bird, you know

Well both of you hang on in there then
It must have helped having you home even if it did delay your plans.

G

It certainly did help them, I know that. Didn't help me much though, and I've been having a tough time since returning. Spent too much time looking after everyone else and rather forgot to look after myself. Paying for that now though
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:14 am
She's a bird, you know

Those are some of the things I've spent the last 25 years treating

G

Any tips then?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:15 am
Bitter and twisted

It certainly did help them, I know that. Didn't help me much though, and I've been having a tough time since returning. Spent too much time looking after everyone else and rather forgot to look after myself. Paying for that now though
Chin up

You know that you needed to be there and will feel better in the future knowing you did what you could.

Nundle will wait for you

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:16 am
Bitter and twisted

Any tips then?
Loads.
It's very complicated though, as you know.

Ceratinly not to be discussed over the internet.

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:17 am
She's a bird, you know

Chin up

You know that you needed to be there and will feel better in the future knowing you did what you could.

Nundle will wait for you

G
I know, I know. Just having to do a clean-up operation in my own life at the moment and it's not easy.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:18 am
She's a bird, you know

Loads.
It's very complicated though, as you know.

Ceratinly not to be discussed over the internet.

G

I know! Defintely complex. I've found it quite interesting though, finding out more about why someone is the way they are. I'm a lot like my dad in many ways, so the things he works through help me too.
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:21 am
Bitter and twisted

I know! Defintely complex. I've found it quite interesting though, finding out more about why someone is the way they are. I'm a lot like my dad in many ways, so the things he works through help me too.
Interesting indeed.
If you are like your dad then at least you know what to expect

You are too fiesty to be socially anxious though

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:25 am
She's a bird, you know

Interesting indeed.
If you are like your dad then at least you know what to expect

You are too fiesty to be socially anxious though

G
Fiesty on a forum, yes! I'm better than I was, but I'm still relatively shy in real life. Honest

I hope I've learnt enough about what my dad is like, and that I have enough of my mum in me not to turn out like my dad!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Fiesty on a forum, yes! I'm better than I was, but I'm still relatively shy in real life. Honest

I hope I've learnt enough about what my dad is like, and that I have enough of my mum in me not to turn out like my dad!
Yep
You'll be Ok

If not you will know what to do

And I don't mean turn to Bundy's

G
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:30 am
She's a bird, you know

Yep
You'll be Ok

If not you will know what to do

And I don't mean turn to Bundy's

G

LOL! It's true. Learnt a lot about myself this year too.

Now, when's that 100th page gonna pop up?!
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 3:32 am
Bitter and twisted

LOL! It's true. Learnt a lot about myself this year too.

Now, when's that 100th page gonna pop up?!
Get back to work woman!

That'll make you up your post rate.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.