Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:53 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
The wide open spaces.
<sigh> Big skies ... I miss big skies ...
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:54 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

Well they have plenty of those in Australia don't they?
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:55 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Well the skies in Nundle are even bigger than the skies in Norfolk. Which may be why the Nundle region is known as Big Sky Country
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:56 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Well the skies in Nundle are even bigger than the skies in Norfolk. Which may be why the Nundle region is known as Big Sky Country

Hence...

http://www.aussietourism.net/Aussiet...sky_index.html
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:56 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

the Nundle region is known as Big Sky Country
Uh oh. So is Montana - do you think it's the same sky?
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well they have plenty of those in Australia don't they?
They sure do ... they sure do ...
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Sounds good, I want my stars back.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:58 am
She's a bird, you know

Sounds good, I want my stars back.
Yep, and blinkin good stars they are too
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:59 am
Account Closed

Yep, and blinkin good stars they are too
Keep thinking of the stars Bundy, one day
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:02 am
She's a bird, you know

Bit of a Nundle sunset
Attached Thumbnails Let's just cut the crap and have a good row-nundle-sunset.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:05 am
She's a bird, you know

But we get them in the UK too - this is Jersey
Attached Thumbnails Let's just cut the crap and have a good row-g-st-ouens-2.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:09 am
Account Closed

But we get them in the UK too - this is Jersey
Mmmm, that's nice, I've not been to Jersey.

I can recommend the extreme North West tip of Scotland though for similar views ... and the islands come to that ... if you're ever up by Scourie (it's not the sort of place that you just "pass through"), check out the sunsets and the Northern Lights ...
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:13 am
She's a bird, you know

Mmmm, that's nice, I've not been to Jersey.

I can recommend the extreme North West tip of Scotland though for similar views ... and the islands come to that ... if you're ever up by Scourie (it's not the sort of place that you just "pass through"), check out the sunsets and the Northern Lights ...
I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights......might try that sometime. Never been further north than Edinburgh, but Mr B has a hankering to go to some of the Hebridean islands - you guessed it, he wants to go to Rum (sp?)

Jersey is really pretty and you get some amazing sunsets there too. That photo was taken from the western beach which runs the length of the west coast and is a bit wild. There's nothing between the beach and the east coast of America, just a lot of sea, so the weather gets a little exciting. Took this picture one New Year. And it was on this beach that Mr B proposed to me in the same spot as my dad proposed to my mum all those years ago...ahhhh.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 1:58 am
Account Closed

I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights......might try that sometime. Never been further north than Edinburgh, but Mr B has a hankering to go to some of the Hebridean islands - you guessed it, he wants to go to Rum (sp?)

Jersey is really pretty and you get some amazing sunsets there too. That photo was taken from the western beach which runs the length of the west coast and is a bit wild. There's nothing between the beach and the east coast of America, just a lot of sea, so the weather gets a little exciting. Took this picture one New Year. And it was on this beach that Mr B proposed to me in the same spot as my dad proposed to my mum all those years ago...ahhhh.
The lights aren't as reliable in Scotland as say, Iceland (which is getting cheaper to fly to these days ... but take your own booze and a nosepeg if you don't like the smell of sulphur ).

Not been to Rum, saw it when I was on Skye I think ... s'nice out there. I know what you mean about being on the edge of Europe, when I was in Portugal I went out to the westernmost tip of mainland Europe ... and the clouds came over and ruined it, ho hum ...

Nice to spot for a proposal, beats Paris for romance
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:35 am
She's a bird, you know

Ho hum. Not having a good evening. About to dampen the mood, I'm afraid, but I'll be brief (copied from the latest BundyMum update).....

Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.