Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:00 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Bob
Hmmm...weathers looking proper shite out now...nice....
Well if you will live in ME, in Nov...!

(Having said that, I used to live in MA & Nov/Dec were my fave months)

Anya.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Well if you will live in ME, in Nov...!
Hasn't snowed yet..and tho cold, i'm still difiant in a t-shirt *l*
gotta climatise myself for the proper numbin cold when it hits...
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:16 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
If you want to be numbed, come to Chicago in January. Not as much snow as Maine, but we have 40 mph winds.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:26 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
If you want to be numbed, come to Chicago in January. Not as much snow as Maine, but we have 40 mph winds.
Well, it's not called The Windy City because the inhabitants eat a lot of baked beans...!

Yeah, we used to get those 40mph winds in East Anglia (UK), too - straight 'cross the flat lands from Siberia...

Anya.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:31 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by Bob
No snow yet... but have people got their Holiday decorations up yet (may be not till after Thanksgiving, tho)? We used to have fun driving round the district to see who had the most gross glitzy fake reindeer pack in their front yards, or the fattest fake santa climbing out the of chimney! US yard decorations are a kitsch art form all of their own!

ISTR there was one street in Kennebunk, ME that took the cookie for the most truly gross displays...

Anya.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You can keep the winds...it gets cold enough as it is with the ikle breezes we get

I'm just hoping the stupid antifreeze doesn't freeze up again...car's are a pain in the arse
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's not called The Windy City because the inhabitants eat a lot of baked beans...!

Yeah, we used to get those 40mph winds in East Anglia (UK), too - straight 'cross the flat lands from Siberia...

Anya.
Actually it's called the Windy City because of all the politicians in City Hall blowing a lot of hot air.

My aunt and uncle lived in East Anglia, about 10 miles from Diss. We used to spend Easter there - very refreshing it was.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
I'm just hoping the stupid antifreeze doesn't freeze up again...car's are a pain in the arse

(Note to self: have radiator flushed and new antifreeze put in.)
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

No snow yet... but have people got their Holiday decorations up yet (may be not till after Thanksgiving, tho)? We used to have fun driving round the district to see who had the most gross glitzy fake reindeer pack in their front yards, or the fattest fake santa climbing out the of chimney! US yard decorations are a kitsch art form all of their own!
No deco's yet, just halloween stuff, and then next week, they'll have thanksgiving...and then x-mas....but in Casco...they go well insane with the stuff...
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

(Note to self: have radiator flushed and new antifreeze put in.)
Speaking of radiator...probably should get that looked at, having enough of the blinking warning light coming and going at random times...but then again, the cars due for inspection anyway...hmmm...so probably should get that done on monday or somin'...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

My aunt and uncle lived in East Anglia, about 10 miles from Diss. We used to spend Easter there - very refreshing it was.

Ooooo! Whereabouts? I grew up about 15 miles from Diss........messing about on the Mere in the summer......ahhh, the memories.

Anyway, morning all. It's cold. Very cold - well, in my office, at least. I swear there are evil spirits at work in here. At least I came to work in daylight though, thanks to the clock change, so that's a definite improvement.

We were in Manchester for the weekend, watching the aussies flog the brits in the rugby league tri-nations. Fantastic game - we held high our 'G'Day Nundle' flag, but nobody saw it Still, we tried.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:00 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Ooooo! Whereabouts? I grew up about 15 miles from Diss........messing about on the Mere in the summer......ahhh, the memories.

Anyway, morning all. It's cold. Very cold - well, in my office, at least. I swear there are evil spirits at work in here. At least I came to work in daylight though, thanks to the clock change, so that's a definite improvement.

We were in Manchester for the weekend, watching the aussies flog the brits in the rugby league tri-nations. Fantastic game - we held high our 'G'Day Nundle' flag, but nobody saw it Still, we tried.
I was zapping, saw it on the news, looked for you, but didn't see

How are you?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I was zapping, saw it on the news, looked for you, but didn't see

How are you?
Fine thanks Simone. Bit knackered from hoofing it up and down the countryside. How are you?

Our new head boss man starts today - as in the head of the entire institute, so I'll have to look like a model employee today. I'm even wearing smart(ish) clothes!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Fine thanks Simone. Bit knackered from hoofing it up and down the countryside. How are you?

Our new head boss man starts today - as in the head of the entire institute, so I'll have to look like a model employee today. I'm even wearing smart(ish) clothes!
Good luck with him

I'm fine thanks.

All my bosses are in an office around the corner, testing all the wines that have come in during the last couple of weeks They're choosing which one to send out to clients for christmas.

16.40 here, so nearly time to go home.
Better start clearing up the huge mess of papers I've made here!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:41 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Good luck with him

I'm fine thanks.

All my bosses are in an office around the corner, testing all the wines that have come in during the last couple of weeks They're choosing which one to send out to clients for christmas.

16.40 here, so nearly time to go home.
Better start clearing up the huge mess of papers I've made here!
LOL! We do that wine testing for christmas thing too.....always a giggle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.