Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Ho hum. Not having a good evening. About to dampen the mood, I'm afraid, but I'll be brief (copied from the latest BundyMum update).....

Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy
Sorry to hear it's not going too well Bundy, hang in there. I hope you have plenty of (real!) people around you that can talk to
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Sorry to hear it's not going too well Bundy, hang in there. I hope you have plenty of (real!) people around you that can talk to
LOL! Yes, contrary to popular belief, I do have *real* friends as well as this lot on the forum . Not a lot anyone can do, but my best mate is making a detour on her way home to give me a hug, bless her.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

LOL! Yes, contrary to popular belief, I do have *real* friends as well as this lot on the forum . Not a lot anyone can do, but my best mate is making a detour on her way home to give me a hug, bless her.
I know it's difficult when someone close to you is so ill but you need to take care of yourself too. Sounds like you've got good friends.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Ho hum. Not having a good evening. About to dampen the mood, I'm afraid, but I'll be brief (copied from the latest BundyMum update).....
A glum Bundy
Oh B*GGER. So sorry to hear that, Bundy. Know just what it's like, that sense of helplessness & anger .

All we can do is send you a big hug from 12000 miles away & another one for the BundyMum....

Anya & MarkMyWords.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:17 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy
Hang in there Bundy, and here's a hug for you ---> (((Bundy)))
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

....feeling like my arms are 6 foot longer with all this hanging in there.....

I'm ok, trying to clear the decks for Round 2.

Let's get the smut and innuendo going to take my mind off the rest of it
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:41 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, where's Grayling when you need him! Out walking again?
And Joseph and Bix.
Oh, hope Bix lets us know how he's doing soon!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
Yes, where's Grayling when you need him! Out walking again?
And Joseph and Bix.
Oh, hope Bix lets us know how he's doing soon!

Indeed......where are those boys?

I've jsut realised that a year ago today Mr B and I were at our friend's wedding in Sydney. Where did that year go?!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:50 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed......where are those boys?

I've jsut realised that a year ago today Mr B and I were at our friend's wedding in Sydney. Where did that year go?!
That is the question...
Sunday is our 1 year anniversary....
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:52 pm
She's a bird, you know

That is the question...
Sunday is our 1 year anniversary....

Good lord, so it is! You'll be getting lots of paper gifts then.....
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

Just told my boss about my mum....her sympathetic response? (and I quote)

'Bummer'

Followed by...

'Oh well, we'd better keep you busy. You can proof the brochure.'

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Good lord, so it is! You'll be getting lots of paper gifts then.....
Pff, yeah, cards... maybe.
Probably my MIL will send a card, and that'll be it I think!
Don't care either!
We still have to think of what to do on Sat night. Might go and stay in a youth hostel in the hills or something....
Have to be at the airport on Sunday morning, 9 am, to pick up a friend coming over from Melbourne for the Blues festival in my 'home town'(Bridgetown) the weekend after, so can't go to far, and it will have to be saturday.
Just told my boss about my mum....her sympathetic response? (and I quote)

'Bummer'

Followed by...

'Oh well, we'd better keep you busy. You can proof the brochure.'
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

My response was a lot of bad swearwords.Thought I'd stick to the x's and o's though, could be kids on here....

Argh, good luck with the brochure. Have done that before, quite annoying!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:31 pm
She's a bird, you know

Pff, yeah, cards... maybe.
Probably my MIL will send a card, and that'll be it I think!
Don't care either!
We still have to think of what to do on Sat night. Might go and stay in a youth hostel in the hills or something....
Have to be at the airport on Sunday morning, 9 am, to pick up a friend coming over from Melbourne for the Blues festival in my 'home town'(Bridgetown) the weekend after, so can't go to far, and it will have to be saturday.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

My response was a lot of bad swearwords.Thought I'd stick to the x's and o's though, could be kids on here....

Argh, good luck with the brochure. Have done that before, quite annoying!
Well whatever you do for the anniv, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Youth hostel in the hills sounds good though...

As for my boss, I was too shocked to say anything but now I really wish I'd burst into tears. It's not my style at all, but if there's one thing my boss really can't deal with, one thing that will send her running like the wind, it's people crying in front of her. She's simply not equipped to deal with it. So I'm working up some blubbering for later on.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Bosses have started on the wine, AGAIN!

I guess they didn't get through them all yesterday!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Well whatever you do for the anniv, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Youth hostel in the hills sounds good though...

As for my boss, I was too shocked to say anything but now I really wish I'd burst into tears. It's not my style at all, but if there's one thing my boss really can't deal with, one thing that will send her running like the wind, it's people crying in front of her. She's simply not equipped to deal with it. So I'm working up some blubbering for later on.
Good luck, can't imagine it would be that hard for you to well up at the moment

Have you spoken to that new boss yet? Heard anymore about him?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.