Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Cambridge airport is pretty primitive too (not that commercial passenger flights run from there any more, or did they start them up again? I flew with Suckling to Amsterdam a couple of times, years ago before they got bought by ScotAir).

AFAIR Guernsey's pretty primitive too. Much like Jersey I suppose?
You can still fly to Jersey from Cambridge. Not that I've done it as it costs a fortune. When my mum lived here she used to use it as her main international aiport. How times have changed.

Jersey airport is actually really flash, all architecturally wonderful and stuff. When my dad was young, they didn't even have an airport, they just landed the plane on the beach. Shame they changed it really, although it does make the beach better for sunbathing
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:02 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
the mattress, base and headboard could be seen disappearing into the wide blue yonder on the back of a wheelie bin
Quite a balancing feat!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:03 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Cambridge airport is pretty primitive too (not that commercial passenger flights run from there any more, or did they start them up again? I flew with Suckling to Amsterdam a couple of times, years ago before they got bought by ScotAir).

AFAIR Guernsey's pretty primitive too. Much like Jersey I suppose?
Best one ever is Benbecula in the Herbides. You land on the beach and a tractor comes out as the "Airport Vehicle"
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a balancing feat!

I think there may have been a shopping trolley involved too. Our nutty neighbour collects them (nicks them from the supermarkets then charges the supermarkets to come and collect them - trolley ransom, it's great).
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:12 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Best one ever is Benbecula in the Herbides. You land on the beach and a tractor comes out as the "Airport Vehicle"
Not quite in the same vein, but Wellington (NZ) is too short to land 747s on, and has sea at both ends so woe betide anyone overshooting! Just a leeetle nerve-wracking in theory, although I don't think it's ever actually happened.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

Not quite in the same vein, but Wellington (NZ) is too short to land 747s on, and has sea at both ends so woe betide anyone overshooting! Just a leeetle nerve-wracking in theory, although I don't think it's ever actually happened.
Hee hee. Same at Jersey - they have to use full reverse throttle to stop before you fall off the cliff. Those who aren't expecting it get the fright of their lives as the plane nosedives straight into the runway and then shakes like crazy with the reverse thrust. Cracks me up every time.

When I came back from Jersey in March they had the Red Arrows visiting and someone had forgot to tell one of the pilots about the short runway. As we took off, I looked down and saw a little Red Arrow, nose stuck in a pile of sand right at the very end of the runway.

Talked about it before, but flying into the old airport in Hong Kong was also an interesting experience!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

KayCee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds a bit like Maderia AIrport in POrtugal. When I saw the runway I though, "That's a funny road" only to realise that the runway stops over the sea and lots of large rocks. I think one plane over shot the runway but didn't land in the sea!!! :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by KayCee
Sounds a bit like Maderia AIrport in POrtugal. When I saw the runway I though, "That's a funny road" only to realise that the runway stops over the sea and lots of large rocks. I think one plane over shot the runway but didn't land in the sea!!! :scared:
Once stopped in Rorutonga in the Cook islands.
The Airport was basically a shed with a tin roof.
The security point had Two officials sat on white plastic garden furniture and the security was a privet like hedge

Not been on here today.
I'm supposed to be getting ready for our validation trip tomorrow.
May be around later but not then for the next month.

C'mon the lads!!!

G
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:36 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Grayling
The security point had Two officials sat on white plastic garden furniture and the security was a privet like hedge

Not been on here today.

C'mon the lads!!!

G
In case I miss you later, all the best with the trip G. Hope it all goes really well for you and you have a great time!

Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by loose
In case I miss you later, all the best with the trip G. Hope it all goes really well for you and you have a great time!

Yep, good luck Grayling and have fun. Remember to call in at Nundle if you happen to be passing

Tell us all about it when you return
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:00 am
Class 2 Guru

Yes, have fun G!

Going back a little, loose, Simone recently posted some photos of her stuff getting packed. She might be lurking in one of those. Can't remember the thread. (Find a bucket of cold water first though eh?)

Bundy, we used to live under the ascent/descent path to Cambridge Airport. It was amusing being able to set your watch by certain flights. It's quite possible that your mother flew over us!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling

Not been on here today.

C'mon the lads!!!

G
Wow, so soon! Have fun! Not on here tonight.

Here's the airport at Nullagine!
My mum and another lady returning from a social security course in Hedland.
We went up once too, with the flying doctor in Bidyadanga, have some great pics, from this flight too.
Attached Thumbnails Let's just cut the crap and have a good row-plane-nullagine.jpg  
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Going back a little, loose, Simone recently posted some photos of her stuff getting packed. She might be lurking in one of those. Can't remember the thread. (Find a bucket of cold water first though eh?)

Nup, not in them! Made them all myself!(while not helping )

I'm in the faces to names thread twice, but you can't really see anything on those pics

That thread should be brought back up though, lots of newbies(constant flow!!).
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:12 am
She's a bird, you know

Bumped the faces thread for ya, Simone. That thread is a monster...
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by bundy
Bumped the faces thread for ya, Simone. That thread is a monster...
Yeah, saw! Very quick!

Yeah, poor newbies who are going to start going through it all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.