Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:31 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
See, I was sort of hinting, not very subtlely, that you might give the page number. Contrary to popular belief, I do actually have some work to do today

As for being posh....I don't reckon I'm posh at all. Admittedly, I went to a private school but I was on a scholarship so it doesn't really count. My family was once quite *posh* and quite well known, but things have gone downhill over the years and now we're just pretty normal
bundy, Mark, its just a bit of joshing!! I'm just a working class northerner winding you up a bit. Not saying you're posh as in snobby, just that I dont know anyone who's been to Cambridge, and goes to that many balls etc..... I know you're really both just down to earth normal folk like the rest of us.
jeez these snobs are a bit touchy aren't they!!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:34 pm
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by Bordy
Bugger, I think I'm one of the ones that aren't.
Dont be sad Bordy - we can live off the love of the common people!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:35 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose
bundy, Mark, its just a bit of joshing!! I'm just a working class northerner winding you up a bit. Not saying you're posh as in snobby, just that I dont know anyone who's been to Cambridge, and goes to that many balls etc..... I know you're really both just down to earth normal folk like the rest of us.
jeez these snobs are a bit touchy aren't they!!

LOL! I knew you were only jesting, Loose, don't panic. I think it's really funny, this posh bird thing. Makes me sound like some Tara Palmer-Wotsit or something (which, evidently, I'm not)

It is weird living in Cambridge and being so connected with the university in so many different ways. The funniest thing is seeing Mr B, this aussie bush baby, out there in his DJ at a ball, or in his college tie and blazer at a drinking society initiation....Just goes to show they'll accept any old riff-raff
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:37 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Dont be sad Bordy - we can live off the love of the common people!

You could - love is free, after all, but you might starve if you wanted anything a bit more substantial!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:43 pm
Re mem mem member

You could - love is free, after all, but you might starve if you wanted anything a bit more substantial!

you'd be amazed how far you can go on a lot o' luv and a drippin sarnie!

We dont get by on stern look from Pater and a cucumber sandwich like you upper middle classes!!

Whats th equivalent of upper class in Oz? Matching socks? says pardon occasionally after belching? Buys his Sheila a kebab before expecting to get his leg over?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

you'd be amazed how far you can go on a lot o' luv and a drippin sarnie!

We dont get by on stern look from Pater and a cucumber sandwich like you upper middle classes!!

Whats th equivalent of upper class in Oz? Matching socks? says pardon occasionally after belching? Buys his Sheila a kebab before expecting to get his leg over?

I actually quite like cucumber sandwiches. Maybe I am posh after all.

I used to work for one of the richer people in Oz society (mates with Kerry Packer and the like) and all I can say is that if having lots of money and owning an entire town makes you posh, I'm very glad I'm not because they are a family of b*stards. This family actually treats people like servants and then expects them to be grateful for it. So I guess that's kind of like an old-style upper class attitude.

I like the fact that only those that work hard are truly respected in Oz. Well, in regional Oz anyway.

There are 3 millionnaires in Nundle's 250 strong population - 2 of them are decent blokes, worked hard, still work hard and the other is the one mentioned above
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:19 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

bundy, Mark, its just a bit of joshing!! I'm just a working class northerner winding you up a bit.
I knew that. I'm from good northern working class coal-mining stock myself, as it happens. Not that you can tell! (Well there are one or two little northern touches to my Kent-meets-Cambridge-University pronunciation. Not sure what'll happen to them in Oz!)

I dont know anyone who's been to Cambridge, and goes to that many balls etc
I was quite amused by bundy's throw-away reference to "balls" in the plural. These things are f***ing expensive I'll have you know! Even in the good old days of proper student grants they were something you saved up for. (I know, bundy, you explained that you get in on the cheap by working through the night.)
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:22 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MarkMyWords

I was quite amused by bundy's throw-away reference to "balls" in the plural. These things are f***ing expensive I'll have you know! Even in the good old days of proper student grants they were something you saved up for. (I know, bundy, you explained that you get in on the cheap by working through the night.)
You're right there, MMW. Minimum of £120 for a ticket, usually much more. Mind you, I have only ever paid for one ball ticket in my life. The rest I got by devious means or, like the other night, by doing a couple of hours work and getting in for free. Some of the students at Mr B's college went to a ball every night last week. Now they must be loaded!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

You're right there, MMW. Minimum of £120 for a ticket, usually much more. Mind you, I have only ever paid for one ball ticket in my life. The rest I got by devious means or, like the other night, by doing a couple of hours work and getting in for free. Some of the students at Mr B's college went to a ball every night last week. Now they must be loaded!

A couple of hours work ehhh. Maybe you should re phrase that Bundy.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:27 pm
She's a bird, you know

LOL!!! You don't know what the devious means I mentioned are!

OK, rephrased thus: ' a couple of hours of pouring champagne'
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:27 pm
Re mem mem member

She made £120.20.

Who paid 20p?

All of 'em!!

The old ones are the best!!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:28 pm
She's a bird, you know

She made £120.20.

Who paid 20p?

All of 'em!!

The old ones are the best!!

Yeah, ha ha, Loose
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:29 pm
Class 2 Guru

Some of the students at Mr B's college went to a ball every night last week. Now they must be loaded!
Not any more!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:29 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Not any more!

Nope. Not any more. That's where their student loans go to, I guess
Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:33 pm
Class 2 Guru

Well can you tell me?! Where's Simone?
Ok, since you asked so nicely... pages 16 and 41. Happy now? (Easily pleased, eh?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.