Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Jun 17th 2004, 10:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Because women are the nest-builders and the primary nest is the house, so that's always the woman's territory. A shed is something that women (sensibly enough) don't want to have anything to do with, so a man can make it his territory.

Does that mean I'm not allowed a shed? I think I might quite like one. Mind you, I do have to admit that the kitchen is my favourite room
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:00 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I'm off. Play nicely kids
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:03 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bundy
Does that mean I'm not allowed a shed?
Of course you are, but you have to have your own.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:04 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Because women are the nest-builders and the primary nest is the house, so that's always the woman's territory. A shed is something that women (sensibly enough) don't want to have anything to do with, so a man can make it his territory.

magic mark!!! Hows the organising going btw? Turns your head to mush doesn't it!

have a good weekend bundy! you posh mare!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:16 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by loose
Hows the organising going btw? Turns your head to mush doesn't it!
Today I should try to cancel some plastic, cancel some DDRs, wash the bicycles, find more attic stuff to throw away, ask the Inland Revenue what difference it makes if I continue to get paid from the UK for a while (I'm taking my job with me but we have no existing suitable Oz HR/financial infrastructure), return a book I borrowed several million years ago... and try to get some work done! Gone through the mush stage, now just a large puddle.

How's your day?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:22 pm
Re mem mem member

Today I should try to cancel some plastic, cancel some DDRs, wash the bicycles, find more attic stuff to throw away, ask the Inland Revenue what difference it makes if I continue to get paid from the UK for a while (I'm taking my job with me but we have no existing suitable Oz HR/financial infrastructure), return a book I borrowed several million years ago... and try to get some work done! Gone through the mush stage, now just a large puddle.

How's your day?

Just chugging away at work - nipping on and off here when I can.

Wish i was as organised as you! I'm getting there, but have a few personal things that are weighing heavy on my mind at the moment, and it makes it difficult to concentrate on the practicalities that need sorting.

Getting there though. House sale etc going smooth, and one of my best buds ended up being my bank manager too so got to speak to him this aft re sorting my accounts etc.

We'll get there eh!! Puddles for brains but getting there!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:33 pm
Class 2 Guru

Wish i was as organised as you!
Well that was just a random selection. Not necessarily stuff that will happen today. Anyway Anya's the organised one. Spreadsheets for everything!

Personal stuff... know what you mean, my uncle's just died, my father's battling severe post-stroke chronic disorientation, my grandparents have recently been moved (of necessity) to a retirement home after 50 years in the same house. Fortunately these are primarily other people's battles to fight, but it does bring home how fragile life is. What state will I be in when I'm their age?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:36 pm
Re mem mem member

Well that was just a random selection. Not necessarily stuff that will happen today. Anyway Anya's the organised one. Spreadsheets for everything!

Personal stuff... know what you mean, my uncle's just died, my father's battling severe post-stroke chronic disorientation, my grandparents have recently been moved (of necessity) to a retirement home after 50 years in the same house. Fortunately these are primarily other people's battles to fight, but it does bring home how fragile life is. What state will I be in when I'm their age?

Is that anya who posts on here too. you 2 together?

Sorry about the personal stuff, hope it all works out as well as possible. You're right, life is fragile, thats why we gotta try enjoy what we can when we can.

Hang on. Spreadsheets???? That is impressive!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:38 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean I'm not allowed a shed? I think I might quite like one. Mind you, I do have to admit that the kitchen is my favourite room

Mine too - thats cos its where the red wine and chocolate port is kept

Although the spa comes a very close second !!!

M
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:41 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

eeerrrrrrr, actually the shed is mine also cos I've completely taken it over wiht all my gardening stuff Poor Chris, he does have a lot to put up with
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:45 pm
Class 2 Guru

That's right.
You're right, life is fragile, thats why we gotta try enjoy what we can when we can.
Hence the emigrating...
Old Jun 17th 2004, 11:47 pm
Class 2 Guru

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
eeerrrrrrr, actually the shed is mine also cos I've completely taken it over wiht all my gardening stuff Poor Chris, he does have a lot to put up with
Spends a lot of time in the garage does he then?

Are you saying your spa has its own room? Coo.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 12:03 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Spends a lot of time in the garage does he then?

Are you saying your spa has its own room? Coo.
en-suite to the master bedroom - I luuuurrve this house !!!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Bix, you muppet, I'm on the back row, second from the left. The tall one with dark hair (as opposed to the blond bird, or the short one with red hair
I know
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:04 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Sorry about the personal stuff, hope it all works out as well as possible. You're right, life is fragile, thats why we gotta try enjoy what we can when we can.

Hang on. Spreadsheets???? That is impressive!
Does that make me a 'posh bird', then, Loose....?

Anya.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.