Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Anybody any ideas of getting to C E from Vilamoura without a car? can see a train line on the map going to Vila Real which would be ok,but not sure how far from Vilamoura the station is?.

Tried looking for trains in Portugal but no search results?,any help please?.

Regards Ken.
This part of Spain. More so Esuri!!! is not at all well served with public transport. I think you should consider 'Private Taxi/Driver' I would not like to get to Ayamonte from Vilamoura without a car. I guess I would.... Taxi to the Station, Train to Vila Real, walk to the terminal for a ferry to Ayamonte, Walk to the square and try!!! and get a taxi there to Esuri. Or Taxi to Faro and bus from Faro to Ayamonte. Not on my 'to do list' I would have to be stranded with no cash for a Taxi or the phone number of a private hire. I know a good English Guy who might give you a price. P.M. me.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Karen Reilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: President of Manzana 1

Originally Posted by jdr
Everybody living there should know the name and contact number of their President.
The president is in full control legally and any problems you have should be addressed to him to sort out for you.

Thank you all for your help, yes I probably should know who the President of our apartment is but I can assure you I do not, and have never been told either. I am living at Manzana 1 Marina Esuri. We have made an appointment with our solicitor for when we get out there on the 7th July, as there are so many questions we have, we dont even know what number are car parking area is either. I take it that its something that I am going to have to try and find out by myself then, last time we were there, there was only us living there out of the 6 apartments, also have to sort out keys for swimming pool,it seems that you have to chase after everything.

Cant wait though to get out there, it so beautiful.................... tks again!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen Reilly
Thank you all for your help, yes I probably should know who the President of our apartment is but I can assure you I do not, and have never been told either. I am living at Manzana 1 Marina Esuri. We have made an appointment with our solicitor for when we get out there on the 7th July, as there are so many questions we have, we dont even know what number are car parking area is either. I take it that its something that I am going to have to try and find out by myself then, last time we were there, there was only us living there out of the 6 apartments, also have to sort out keys for swimming pool,it seems that you have to chase after everything.

Cant wait though to get out there, it so beautiful.................... tks again!
Your administrator should of sent every owner the minutes from the AGM with all this info on it.
Maybe it is in your postbox out there if you have not left a forwarding address.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Try www.cp.pt

Or, here:
http://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/Imagens...onio_lagos.pdf

Not sure whether you'd have to get the train from Loule or Boliqueime (spelling?)

Damas buses have a route Ayamonte to Faro and Lagos.
Thanks for all the info regarding the route and trains very helpful.

Ken
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
I know a good English Guy who might give you a price. P.M. me.
NEVER take a "good English guy" as a driver unless you are absolutely CERTAIN that they are fully legal - something which nearly everybody-(in fact in this area I would say all)- are not.

Any accident or whatever and you have no legal recourse. Look for the letters SP near their reg plates, and check that their licence is in full display on the dash.

Well-meaning (yet also on the make) foreigners doing cheap 'runs' here and there are a dangerous thing indeed an d only a mug woul trust them frankly
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:20 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
NEVER take a "good English guy" as a driver unless you are absolutely CERTAIN that they are fully legal - something which nearly everybody-(in fact in this area I would say all)- are not.

Any accident or whatever and you have no legal recourse. Look for the letters SP near their reg plates, and check that their licence is in full display on the dash.

Well-meaning (yet also on the make) foreigners doing cheap 'runs' here and there are a dangerous thing indeed an d only a mug woul trust them frankly
Ah yes that must be where the familiar saying at esuri comes from.Ive been taken for a ride
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:29 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Got back Tues after a fabulous week, weather perfect and the improvements around CE are clear for all to see. I am not a golfer but Golf 1 looked very good and Golf 2 coming along great. I believe the opening ceremony for Golf 2 is on Tues 17th June. Bob, I couldn't find the book table, I had a stack in the car to place there as I had gathered that folk were taking rather than swapping. I have see your recent post and will look again when I am there next month and take the books. I will ask the staff if it is nowhere to been seen again.

John and our CE neighbour Barry decided to become "horse whisperers" and I dropped them off at the bridge and they made their way across the marsh towards Albatross. They did get to the horses and stroked some, there was a young foal and a few yearlings. They appeared over 2 hours later, filthy from wandering the marsh and having to cross the creek. Exited by the Apt's. They really enjoyed it, fought off crocodiles, hippos and a very nasty rhino !!
Must pack a safari suit next time !

Our water had been cut off when we arrived as we hadn't paid anything. We have not had any bills and there was a DD set up but the water company just did not take the money, managed to sort it and were re-connected the day we arrived. Isabel Pozo was SO helpful. Also paid the council tax, again had no bills, letters at the UK or CE addresses and managed to pay on the very last day B4 court proceedings would have been put into motion. We were fined about €50. So just a word of warning IF you know you owe, even if you have not had bills and have a DD set up .....if the money is not being debited investigate to avoid being cut off, fined or whatever.

As our debts (water and council tax )are settled I feel in a position to send out a plea to any Lomas de Esuri owners who may read the post here and who have not paid their community fees...PAY UP NOW PLEASE.

Did not meet up with any BE posters, I did hang around the golf terrace looking suspicious for a while but couldn't bring myself to say "do you write on the CE thread".

Take Care all

Mel
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
John and our CE neighbour Barry decided to become "horse whisperers" and I dropped them off at the bridge and they made their way across the marsh towards Albatross. They did get to the horses and stroked some, there was a young foal and a few yearlings. They appeared over 2 hours later, filthy from wandering the marsh and having to cross the creek. Exited by the Apt's. They really enjoyed it, fought off crocodiles, hippos and a very nasty rhino !!
Must pack a safari suit next time !
Take Care all

Mel
Hi Mel,

Did the "mossie's" get them in the marsh?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Did not meet up with any BE posters, I did hang around the golf terrace looking suspicious for a while but couldn't bring myself to say "do you write on the CE thread".

Mel
How about this... our own BE - Esuri Badge (a bit like the British Legion etc). Say a picture of Sam's dog - are you still reading the site Sam and Benny? Or Fort's sheep - not that he lives on Esuri. We could also run a line in Golf Bag membership discs or scorecard holders or something. How about BE golf Umbrellas...the list is long.

JDR, is there such a thing already?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Mel,

I was wondering about that as well!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reptonian
How about this... our own BE - Esuri Badge (a bit like the British Legion etc). Say a picture of Sam's dog - are you still reading the site Sam and Benny? Or Fort's sheep - not that he lives on Esuri. We could also run a line in Golf Bag membership discs or scorecard holders or something. How about BE golf Umbrellas...the list is long.

JDR, is there such a thing already?
But his office is there
Old Jun 12th 2008, 2:42 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel,

Barrie hadn't got a bite on him at all but after the marsh adventure he said he had been bitten. John had so many anyway he didn't know which were new ones.

Re "meet ups" I wonder if it would be worth having a note book on Bob's Book Swap Table and just putting Name - Date - Time so when looking at that you will know if a fellow BE poster is in ???

Our family stayed on a couple of days after us and said the DIA had no fresh veg/fruit, milk or bread and had been told the other supermarkets also looked bare of fresh foods. If you are going out and flying into Faro it may be worth stopping off in Portugal for provisions. Anybody have an idea of how long the fuel/food shortage will continue for or is that the same as the how long is a piece of string question ?

Will the car hire company provide a car full of fuel I wonder, they are normally about 1/4 full. It would be worth asking if they would and then either pay for the fuel as you collect or return it full. BTW we used ZITAUTO this time, very good and the most reasonable prices I could find.

John and Kath...your place is looking good, further along to the villa that is almost finished we were startled by the scary guard dog - he is really fiercesome looking. By us there is a gentle real wuss of a dog, he was adorable, my son visited and fed him every day. he seems to be "guarding" the workers vegetable plot.

The small commercial centre by us is looking great, unlike the bright "goldy" big shopping centre which is garish, but it may soften with time.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Karen Reilly

Karen

The people in the shed should be able to tell which is your car parking spot. I think they give you the keys for the swimming pool too but that may be wrong. Hope you have a lovely time out there.

Pat
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Barrie hadn't got a bite on him at all but after the marsh adventure he said he had been bitten. John had so many anyway he didn't know which were new ones.

Re "meet ups" I wonder if it would be worth having a note book on Bob's Book Swap Table and just putting Name - Date - Time so when looking at that you will know if a fellow BE poster is in ???

Our family stayed on a couple of days after us and said the DIA had no fresh veg/fruit, milk or bread and had been told the other supermarkets also looked bare of fresh foods. If you are going out and flying into Faro it may be worth stopping off in Portugal for provisions. Anybody have an idea of how long the fuel/food shortage will continue for or is that the same as the how long is a piece of string question ?

Will the car hire company provide a car full of fuel I wonder, they are normally about 1/4 full. It would be worth asking if they would and then either pay for the fuel as you collect or return it full. BTW we used ZITAUTO this time, very good and the most reasonable prices I could find.

John and Kath...your place is looking good, further along to the villa that is almost finished we were startled by the scary guard dog - he is really fiercesome looking. By us there is a gentle real wuss of a dog, he was adorable, my son visited and fed him every day. he seems to be "guarding" the workers vegetable plot.

The small commercial centre by us is looking great, unlike the bright "goldy" big shopping centre which is garish, but it may soften with time.
If you take look on the Portugal Forum on this site you will see that things that side are dire. Petrol has run out and supermarkets have no fresh food but it may all be panic smoke and no flame.

A Spaniard said that we should denounce that dog for barking all the time apparently they do this all the time but we think live and let live although if it gives us a bad time when the course is open (passing golfers) we may change our tune.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:03 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

If you take look on the Portugal Forum on this site you will see that things that side are dire. Petrol has run out and supermarkets have no fresh food but it may all be panic smoke and no flame.

A Spaniard said that we should denounce that dog for barking all the time apparently they do this all the time but we think live and let live although if it gives us a bad time when the course is open (passing golfers) we may change our tune.
Easyer just to throw him a poison pork chop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.