Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:55 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Maggies1033
I need to post 2 more times before I can use private messages to please forgive me ....

I have been looking at furniture packages ... does anyone have any advice?
Yes look around and save yourself thousands of euros.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JS&SS
Get a life. Not everyone spends 24/7 on blog sites.

This site is intended to be informative and helpful. Quite the opposite of your post.
If you want to be informative, why don't you post under topic headings as separate threads - the format you've all chosen to use is? well, a bit rubbish at presenting information in an easy to reference format.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

I need to post 2 more times before I can use private messages to please forgive me ....

I have been looking at furniture packages ... does anyone have any advice?
Hi, welcome to the thread.

I suppose it is down to how much time you have to spare. A furniture package will give you everything from beds to teaspoons without you having to put in a lot of effort other than choosing which package to buy. But there may be some items that you do not like so much and some things that you think you could probably do without in a package.

There are several good furniture shops in Ayamonte and even more over the border in Portugal and if you choose individual pieces you are sure that everything you buy is to your taste. The downside to this is that it can be time consuming.

Buying from Ikea in Seville is also an option and other posters have posted about hiring a man with a van who will collect the items you select and assemble them for you. I think the name is Doncampo but we have not used this service ourselves.

Hope this helps.

Pat
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

jules h is on a distinguished road

Hi
How do the furniture prices compare between Spain and Portugal? Hoping to complete in Oct really looking forward to getting the furniture sorted but it seems like a really big task if you dont use a package. Even things like putting up pictures and sorting out the fictures and fittings. I suppose you need to look at the cost of tools etc if you intend to do it all yourself.
Anyone have any experience of package prices for a 2 bed house.
Jules
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:49 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jules h
Hi
How do the furniture prices compare between Spain and Portugal? Hoping to complete in Oct really looking forward to getting the furniture sorted but it seems like a really big task if you dont use a package. Even things like putting up pictures and sorting out the fictures and fittings. I suppose you need to look at the cost of tools etc if you intend to do it all yourself.
Anyone have any experience of package prices for a 2 bed house.
Jules
my pal shoped around and took a week but saved 4000 euro
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Re furniture packages

I wish I'd thought of this "furniture package" lark years ago, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Would anyone of you employ a stranger in the UK to furnish your new house with the cheapest rubbish they could find at MFI, B&Q etc and then pay them 10 times the cost for doing so??
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by big wheels
Re furniture packages

I wish I'd thought of this "furniture package" lark years ago, I'd be a millionaire by now.
Would anyone of you employ a stranger in the UK to furnish your new house with the cheapest rubbish they could find at MFI, B&Q etc and then pay them 10 times the cost for doing so??
But they do.you see things for a couple of grand and you can get them from MFI for a couple of hundred. or even local.same as some work they get it done by certain people and the cost of the job goes from say 100euro to 600euro or say 1500euro jumps up to 3000euro.by the time the middle man has added his bit.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Maggies1033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
my pal shoped around and took a week but saved 4000 euro
well what I am trying to do is 'shop around' on the internet first to get some price comparisons but this is proving quite difficult as some of the websites do not give individual prices

what I was hoping for from here was something a bit more specific than 'shop around'
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:10 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Most furniture packages are cráp and about 3 times the price you can get this stuff for. I know everyone is different but I think part of the thrill of buying a place here is going out shopping for items you will be using.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Maggies1033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I know everyone is different but I think part of the thrill of buying a place here is going out shopping for items you will be using.
In an ideal world I would totally agree with you but we currently do not have two weeks to spare, it would be nice to get just enough in that we could stay there while we looked around! I was trying to price up individual items on the internet to get some idea of markup but the information is just not there.
Maggie
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

In an ideal world I would totally agree with you but we currently do not have two weeks to spare, it would be nice to get just enough in that we could stay there while we looked around! I was trying to price up individual items on the internet to get some idea of markup but the information is just not there.
Maggie
Hola!
You mentioned prices on the internet. Have you tried merkamueble.com or donmueble.es for prices? You can click on the "folleto". It might be at the lower end of your budget, or perhaps the higher end? It's all very individual, isn't it?
Here's a link to an informative local website which lists contacts (some online): http://www.discoverayamonte.com/furn...-ayamonte.html
Someone posted sound advice about buying furniture re: rental market. In a nutshell: People renting a place (short or long term) are more discerning about quality (not necessarily cost.)
Hope this helps,
Carol
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
If you want to be informative, why don't you post under topic headings as separate threads - the format you've all chosen to use is? well, a bit rubbish at presenting information in an easy to reference format.
Hola! LB,
It is simple to "search this thread" with keywords. Likewise, I can "search this forum" with same keywords, then have to "search this thread" individually, which is more time consuming. Besides, the one thread does wonders for my long-term memory .
Carol
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath
No not actually done the whole route but had a careful look from both ends... it is no obstruction to cycles scooters or pedestrians.
Originally Posted by JAG SIDHU
You can cycle along the un-opened Mirador road no problem...the road that runs alongside the river.
Thank you both for this information.

Originally Posted by BobD
It was fairly wet in Costa Esuri last week, but look at the effect it has had on the gardens. Look closely at the last photo, it isn't just a picture of a golf ball on the green !
Thanks for the photos, BobD. How's the book corner?
These little frogs are amazing. Do they really fall from the heavens during a heavy rainfall?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Spanish tilers don`t usually leave gaps like UK tilers and they use the tile adhesive to fill in the gaps.
You must remember it is the Spanish system you have bought into and not British building regulated workmanship.
You only have to look at the roofing or gas instalations to substantiate this.
Some walls are only 4 ctms thick, I drilled right through one when fixing the bracket for the plasma TV.
Hi JDR

Thanks for your reply, we understand that the Spanish and British have different building systems.

The main reason for our post is to establish:
Is chalky grout which washes away when you wash the walls common in spain or should it be more solid making it water resistant.

We don't want the tiles to start falling off the walls because water/steam/dampness has penetrated through the grout and would prefer not to spend time re-grouting 2 bathrooms, kitchen and utility room if the builder is responsible for substandard grout.

Somebody told to us that it may have dried out to quickly due to the heat making it chalk like.

We would be grateful to hear from others if they have had the same issues and had it resolved.

Thanks

Sal
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LynnF
Hi, In our apartment we had more grout on the tiles and the floor than in the gaps themselves, and found it hard to remove, ended up have to scrape off what we could without damaging the tiles, so no did not find it chalky. When they came back to regrout the bits not done, they made even more mess on the floors which we had already cleaned as best we could, and had to try and clean again, and still not easy to get if off!!!

Lynn
Hi Lynn

Thanks for your post.

Was your problem with the floor tiles or wall tiles, our floor grout is solid (different colours in places). It is the wall grout we are concerned with.

Thanks

Sal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.