Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:51 am
Just Joined

chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Ray-Pauline
transfered the money from Corporate FX Pounds to Euros

will have to pay for my tasa next may ...

getting a bit worried about the exchange rate !

is it easy to get a euro mortgage ... i have paid 20% down and can probably put another 10% down without a sweat !

are the spanish banks lending on a second home ?

i dont want to borrow sterling and transfer it ... or am i being dull ?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chevy
will have to pay for my tasa next may ...

getting a bit worried about the exchange rate !

is it easy to get a euro mortgage ... i have paid 20% down and can probably put another 10% down without a sweat !

are the spanish banks lending on a second home ?

i dont want to borrow sterling and transfer it ... or am i being dull ?
How you gonna pay the mortgage?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
You haven't made the final payment yet? For that the Notary should/will demand a bankers draft (precaution against "black money" and money laundering).

When we started out on this adventure Fadesa London opened an account for us with Banco Andalucia (London Branch) it was so easy back in 2003/4 that we hardly noticed it had happened. The net result was that we were overdrawn for about the first 8 months becase we knew nothing about the tax charge to maintain a non-resident account of then €10 per 24 months. This is now about €12 with Andalucia but other banks charge much more. Banks in Spain have a bad reputation for random charges and we have had a few but most have been refunded when we complain. Now that Kath draws her State Pension we have switched to their "Seniors Account" which if you pay a pension into it it is free and has other extras for free. Advice says that if you become Resident as we intend to do you are best having separate accounts so this will be Kaths account.

In addition we have opened an account with Solbank as our main account in Spain for all of us to access. This is the Prestige Account which like the seniors is free and has extras. Solbank pride themselves on their multiligual staff and this has been very useful of late when we have had to arrange insurance to cover the property under construction.

Hopefully this will be a long lasting solution and I shall withdraw from the Banco Andalucia account.
final payment due this month (subject to the elusive electric supply)
but coming over to CE next weekend until the Thursday to sort things out

Ray
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
How you gonna pay the mortgage?
I am self employed and have access to sterling !
I just dont want to put say £40k accross at the current exchange rate !
I will be borrowing money just not sure where from !!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

I thought the same earlier this year and lost thousands!! by delaying.

when I paid my deposit the exchange rate was 1.41 then steadily dropped to 1.25.

With hindsight I should have bought forward, I fixed the rate for the final payment, still lost but at least I know by how much.

Ray
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:35 am
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Same Difference
FFS!!!!!!!!!
Get a life. Not everyone spends 24/7 on blog sites.

This site is intended to be informative and helpful. Quite the opposite of your post.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the same earlier this year and lost thousands!! by delaying.

when I paid my deposit the exchange rate was 1.41 then steadily dropped to 1.25.

With hindsight I should have bought forward, I fixed the rate for the final payment, still lost but at least I know by how much.

Ray
My mate bought his house there was 1.63, imagine how gutting that is now and with the slump too, I do feel for people in this situation, its very distasteful
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andyrich666
My mate bought his house there was 1.63, imagine how gutting that is now and with the slump too, I do feel for people in this situation, its very distasteful
I think the next 12 months will be interesting!

Ray
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:47 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JS&SS
Get a life. Not everyone spends 24/7 on blog sites.

This site is intended to be informative and helpful. Quite the opposite of your post.
I love the community spirit on this thread you know.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:52 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
So whats going on then?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
So whats going on then?
Some shite, what's going on in your world?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:01 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Some shite, what's going on in your world?
Not much ! in between projects which is why im here. but your right the community spirt in here is soooo uplifting.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:18 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

final payment due this month (subject to the elusive electric supply)
but coming over to CE next weekend until the Thursday to sort things out

Ray
If you do open an account for the bankers draft do check the cost before you agree. I read enormous sums being charged hundreds of euro at Barclays for instance we got ours from Anadlucia for €18

PS latest newsI have is that everywhere should be on by the end of the month but definitly by September.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 7th 2008 at 7:30 am.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Yes but if you get a Spanish euro mortgage you will have to make the monthly payments in euro and the exchange rate for small mounts is pants if you change the lot in one go and barter with various FX companies you will get the best rate available still awful though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.