Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 31st 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Anybody installed or thinking off installing solar panels?

should be more sunshine than the UK (but not if the replies about the rain are correct)

Ray
Old May 31st 2008, 12:52 am
Just Joined

suisse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
You wouldnt know what Mrs Jones is cooking for tea would you by any chance.
Given the choice, she said that she was hoping to boil someone's head...
Old May 31st 2008, 6:07 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray-Pauline

should be more sunshine than the UK (but not if the replies about the rain are correct)

Ray
Hi Ray

I dont know if you have a townhouse or flat.... but either way, I suggest you check with the community or the 'rules' regarding this to make sure that you can actually place them. I think if you have a villa then its up to you, but there may be some covenants/rules relating to the look of the development.

Regards
Jon
PS on another oint good news that Fadesa have paid up outstanding community charges, and no legal actions need to happen.... phew!
Old May 31st 2008, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Ray
Yes we will install solar panels as the house progresses. They have been a legal requirement in Spain on all new builds approved after Sept 2006 for hot water and for electricity as well on commercial premises. We got approval before that bt it just makes sense on a new build.
Old May 31st 2008, 12:42 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suisse
Given the choice, she said that she was hoping to boil someone's head...
yes I hope she was going to boil some veg with that head.will she use a pressure coker or will she..oh god is she talking about me...oh no canabals at esuri.......only pulling your plonka....thanks for the info keep it coming

Last edited by betris; May 31st 2008 at 12:45 pm.
Old May 31st 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Yes we will install solar panels as the house progresses. They have been a legal requirement in Spain on all new builds approved after Sept 2006 for hot water and for electricity as well on commercial premises. We got approval before that bt it just makes sense on a new build.
Thanks Jon & John,

It would be for a Villa but a bit late thinking about it DOH! so I will need to think of a retro fit?

we have electric underfloor heating being installed so could be helpful.

I saw something on the roof of the new Villas by Golf 1 a silver stainless steel device looks a bit obtrusive and wondered if that was for solar heating?

Ray
Old May 31st 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon & John,

It would be for a Villa but a bit late thinking about it DOH! so I will need to think of a retro fit?

I saw something on the roof of the new Villas by Golf 1 a silver stainless steel device looks a bit obtrusive and wondered if that was for solar heating?

Ray
Yes it is a package solution for where you can place the panals above the end user point. It is usually two panals and a pressure cylinder in one package mounted on an angle iron frame which is fixed in a south facing direction at a pretty high point on the building. The new villa high up on golf 2 overlooking the lake has 2 huge panals placed in the garden but that is below the house so needs to have a pump in the system. Ours will be of that type since it will serve both the the Casa and the Casita and they are at different levels. It also has the advantage that the hot water is constantly circulating so you don't draw off gallons of cold water on the longer runs before you get the hot water.
Old May 31st 2008, 10:26 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon & John,

Ray
you dont have to buy that kit.you can buy just the flat pannels indeviduly.you can put them where you want.you could even power your whole house with electric via a invertor set up.the ones you have seen are just solar water heaters.
Old May 31st 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

you dont have to buy that kit.you can buy just the flat pannels indeviduly.you can put them where you want.you could even power your whole house with electric via a invertor set up.the ones you have seen are just solar water heaters.
thats interesting! just to power the electric would be a bonus.

would there be enough power to raise the water temperature via an immersion heater? or is that asking too much?

Ray
Old May 31st 2008, 11:20 pm
Banned

thats interesting! just to power the electric would be a bonus.

would there be enough power to raise the water temperature via an immersion heater? or is that asking too much?

Ray
Thats what them kits do. give you hot water. My mate has just had a full bank on his roof.They dont stand out as they lay in line with the tiles.its a inverter system and that powers his whole house with free electric.I will see him some time this week and I will mail you the number of the guy who is the engineer that fitted them.cost and power output is the main factor but if you talk to the man who knows he may be able to help you or just advise you.

Last edited by betris; May 31st 2008 at 11:22 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Thats what them kits do. give you hot water. My mate has just had a full bank on his roof.They dont stand out as they lay in line with the tiles.its a inverter system and that powers his whole house with free electric.I will see him some time this week and I will mail you the number of the guy who is the engineer that fitted them.cost and power output is the main factor but if you talk to the man who knows he may be able to help you or just advise you.
That would be great!

thanks Betris

Ray
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Just a general question, have any of you taken a good look at your tiling grout? Gave ours a good wash only to realise that it wasn’t the dirt washing off but the grout actually falling out. Spoke to Fadesa about it, explained that the grout finish wasn’t hard but more like chalk thus making it water penetrable rather than water resistant. After having inspected it, Fadesa informed us that this was “normal” mmm…. Not quite sure about that answer. So we were wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, if so, have you managed to succeed in Fadesa rectifying it?

Gary & Sal
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

pedromanuel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to all, would someone have the e-mail of the gentleman Benny, the husband of sam parky??
I am interested in his(her,your) works.
Thank you very much.
Pedro.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pedromanuel
Hello to all, would someone have the e-mail of the gentleman Benny, the husband of sam parky??
I am interested in his(her,your) works.
Thank you very much.
Pedro.
It used to be

[email protected]

But it might have changed
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

pedromanuel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
It used to be

[email protected]

But it might have changed
Thank you very much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.