Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 21st 2008, 5:25 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by jdr
Well it is Spain, how many council workers in the UK speak Spanish ?
Absolutely disgusting. Fancy those rotten Spanish not even trying to serve those lovely Brits who have only come to enhance their economy because the Spanish were too poor to buy themselves.

They should think themselves bloody grateful that we've bolstered their economy and at least learn that 'Early Grey' is polite terminology for someone in their twenties looking older than they should and not tea!

Pimms anyone???
Old May 21st 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Absolutely disgusting. Fancy those rotten Spanish not even trying to serve those lovely Brits who have only come to enhance their economy because the Spanish were too poor to buy themselves.

They should think themselves bloody grateful that we've bolstered their economy and at least learn that 'Early Grey' is polite terminology for someone in their twenties looking older than they should and not tea!

Pimms anyone???
The guy is only asking for advice - lots of us are trying to learn Spanish it does not happen overnight and for important things it pays to say the right thing - and that means seeking out those who can speak English. Why do some find it hard to be helpful on this thread?

Carol
Old May 21st 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
The guy is only asking for advice - lots of us are trying to learn Spanish it does not happen overnight and for important things it pays to say the right thing - and that means seeking out those who can speak English. Why do some find it hard to be helpful on this thread?

Carol
Completamente de acuerdo. I agree with you Carol
Old May 21st 2008, 7:43 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

you dont need to speak spanish.if he had just showed some money ,passed a peice of paper with his name and the address on it.pointed to the computor.when she punched into the computor it would come up.

we cant speak chineese but we go to the chinky and point at the numbers .dont we all.

Last edited by betris; May 21st 2008 at 7:52 am.
Old May 21st 2008, 7:50 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Fortaleza;6376426]
Originally Posted by tonyp

So.... what you're saying is that rather than use your local supermarket about to open - Eroski - you will prefer to get British products delivered to your home from Ayamonte.

And people on here wonder why others get so exasperated with the folly of your adventure

There is a rummor tht Eroski have pulled the plug.Has any one else heard this or was talking to a drunken scare mongerer

Last edited by betris; May 21st 2008 at 8:09 am.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
Just returned from CE but thought that the golfers amongst you would appreciate the hazzards I saw on golf2. Two players making asses of themselves as you can see!!!!
For a second (or two) I thought the one on the left was a reindeer!

... Naturally I was wearing a high visibility jacket, hard hat and steel toe capped shoes for the occasion in case somebody challenged me on health & safety grounds.
Or... Graham, are you filming the new YMCA/Village People video?

Originally Posted by John & Kath
...and my beams have arrived in Algiceras from Russia so everything is right with the world...
"From Russia with Love" (1963)

...You don't fully appreciate the risk to life and limb I took that day...
Well done, Agent 007 and a half! For your next assignment...

Regards,
Carol
Old May 21st 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hobbo
... selling some really scrumptious cakes and various teas, including "Early Grey". Was going to mention spelling to waitress but thought better of it - sounds better anyway.

What I would like some advise with is payment of Council Tax...
Hi Hobbo,
"Early Grey" might be the polite way of saying Happy Hour for the over 50's? Now that's a good idea!
Re: council tax. Hope this link helps:
http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.co...er=asc&start=0
Regards,
Carol
Old May 21st 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Hola, final post for the evening (promise)...
Re: mobile grocery vans. (The quotes were out of sync again.)
It's not a bad idea. I don't mind whether it's Pedro or Peter who pulls up, as long as the horn isn't a claxon, and I'm not kept waiting forever in my "bata y chanclas"
Prices would be higher than in the shops, because of the petrol costs, etc. Our local (UK) fishmonger does a "rural run" once a week. It's a great service.
Buenas noches,
Carol
Old May 21st 2008, 9:55 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

You don't fully appreciate the risk to life and limb I took that day. The pictures do not reveal me suspended from a helicopter in a harness at the end of a long rope. My accomplace the pilot swung me around a full 360 degrees as I frantically snapped way with the camera with one eye and the other eye looking out for jobsworths in uniform armed with walky talkies and pistols. I'm still recovering from the experience three days later. All in the line of duty. No sacrifice is too great

PS Glad to see the toll booth has been removed from the border bridge!!
Really made me laugh reading this and the "Mission Impossible" theme music was playing in my head. Great pics - as always - Thanks
Old May 21st 2008, 9:56 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyp
They were there the last time we were over,maybe we need a name change for Golf 11.Costa Assuri
Love it !!
Old May 21st 2008, 10:06 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Hobbo
Was over in Esuri last week and despite weather not being perfect had a lovely week. Is it me or has Ayamonte improved over the last few months? Noticed several new bars and a coffee bar just off the marina selling some really scrumptious cakes and various teas, including "Early Grey". Was going to mention spelling to waitress but thought better of it - sounds better anyway.

What I would like some advise with is payment of Council Tax. I'm on Rago 2 and have not received any notification regarding this but have been told this is now due on Esuri and fines are being issued for late payment. I did go into the offices opposite Solbank (won't even try to spell the name) as I was told they could inform me but they didn't speak English and was told to come back later. As I was leaving early the next day this wasn't possible but I am concerned that I am overdue. Has anybody paid and if so how did you find out the amount and where do you pay? Very grateful for any help.
Has been on my mind too Hobbo, we have had our house for 2 years now and not paid so I will sort it out when I am there next month. Our neighbour said he had no bill and went to the office left of the town hall in a side street next to the ice cream shop. paid €375 for 2 years and then set up a DD for future payments. I presume you would need to take some utility bills, Passport or other documentation to prove identity.

All the best

Mel
Old May 21st 2008, 10:18 am
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by Carol&John
For a second (or two) I thought the one on the left was a reindeer!

Or... Graham, are you filming the new YMCA/Village People video?

"From Russia with Love" (1963)

Well done, Agent 007 and a half! For your next assignment...

Regards,
Carol
YES ! well spotted it is a reindeer and Graham is not BOND he's SANTA. Mind you I have this vision of us all meeting in the Golf Club and Graham, clad in black, swinging in through the plate glass window ( that one I walked into Carol - remember?) with a box of Milk Tray...or was it Black Magic ?

take care

Mel
Old May 21st 2008, 11:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
YES ! well spotted it is a reindeer and Graham is not BOND he's SANTA. Mind you I have this vision of us all meeting in the Golf Club and Graham, clad in black, swinging in through the plate glass window ( that one I walked into Carol - remember?) with a box of Milk Tray...or was it Black Magic ?

take care

Mel
I Had a freind who walked through a plate glass window.His name was bond.When I asked about him in the hospital in ayamonte.as he hates needles and stiches.The nurse said he was verry shaken but not scared
Old May 21st 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
I Had a freind who walked through a plate glass window.His name was bond.When I asked about him in the hospital in ayamonte.as he hates needles and stiches.The nurse said he was verry shaken but not scared
Obviously not a word you use often?
Old May 21st 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Obviously not a word you use often?
I thought it was fiend... til I read it right. I once did that... walked into glass, I mean. Almost broke my nose. I was only 5 at the time though. That was in Spain too....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.