Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:46 am
Just Joined

kerry and paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Can anyone recommend some to do the occasional cleaning and washing for one of the townhouses at all. Would prefer someone local with a some english.

Many thanks
Kerry
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:52 am
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kerry and paul
Can anyone recommend some to do the occasional cleaning and washing for one of the townhouses at all. Would prefer someone local with a some english.

Many thanks
Kerry
Hi Kerry, Bill and Claire McCall look after our property and live in Esuri. We have found them to be excellent. I'll PM you with their contact details.
Sue
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:56 am
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Purple Parrot will do occasional cleaning and washing, try putting Purple Parrot Ayamonte into Google.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:09 am
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SALGAR
Hi all

Just a general question, have any of you taken a good look at your tiling grout? Gave ours a good wash only to realise that it wasn’t the dirt washing off but the grout actually falling out. Spoke to Fadesa about it, explained that the grout finish wasn’t hard but more like chalk thus making it water penetrable rather than water resistant. After having inspected it, Fadesa informed us that this was “normal” mmm…. Not quite sure about that answer. So we were wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, if so, have you managed to succeed in Fadesa rectifying it?

Gary & Sal
Hello

Is anyone able to help us with our grout question, is grout more chalk like is Spain or do you think we are being fobbed off by the builder?

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Is anyone able to help us with our grout question, is grout more chalk like is Spain or do you think we are being fobbed off by the builder?

Thanks
Spanish tilers don`t usually leave gaps like UK tilers and they use the tile adhesive to fill in the gaps.
You must remember it is the Spanish system you have bought into and not British building regulated workmanship.
You only have to look at the roofing or gas instalations to substantiate this.
Some walls are only 4 ctms thick, I drilled right through one when fixing the bracket for the plasma TV.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:38 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I drilled right through one when fixing the bracket for the plasma TV.
Good god man!

How much are they paying you for being a Mod???
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:07 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Good god man!

How much are they paying you for being a Mod???
It was a bribe to sign up, from a well known building company or I could of had a cement mixer.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:08 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It was a bribe to sign up, from a well known building company or I could of had a cement mixer.
a real man would have had the cement mixer!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
a real man would have had the cement mixer!
I`ve already got one. ;-))
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:49 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Thanks
answer these questions and it should give you a clue.
do I belive in father christmas.
do i belive in fairys.
do i belive the builder.
can elaphants fly.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Brizey is an unknown quantity at this point

SALGAR

Might not seem helpful but maybe your as well off to "rake the joints" and regrout the area yourself . Could take ages to resolve with Fadesa and for the sake of a few hours work, at least you can purchase a readymixed waterproof grout and seal the tiles before any damage is done. If it's like chalk it shouldn't be too hard to rake out.

Good luck... whatever course of action you take !
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:30 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brizey
SALGAR

Might not seem helpful but maybe your as well off to "rake the joints" and regrout the area yourself . Could take ages to resolve with Fadesa and for the sake of a few hours work, at least you can purchase a readymixed waterproof grout and seal the tiles before any damage is done. If it's like chalk it shouldn't be too hard to rake out.

Good luck... whatever course of action you take !
If you go to the builders merchants.there is one as you go past the la plaza shopping mal.with the mal and the petrol station on the left.half way between the little round about and the big roundabout at the end of the road.Its on the right hand side on the main road.You can proberly buy a bag there.dont use cemento blanco (a lot of spanish do).and the merchant may recomend it.if you havent used it before or you arnt familiar with it make sure you stick to tile grout.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

It was fairly wet in Costa Esuri last week, but look at the effect it has had on the gardens. Look closely at the last photo, it isn't just a picture of a golf ball on the green !
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dscn0315.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dscn0322.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dscn0330.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dscn0310.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dscn0289.jpg  

Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by BobD
It was fairly wet in Costa Esuri last week, but look at the effect it has had on the gardens. Look closely at the last photo, it isn't just a picture of a golf ball on the green !
Hi BobD and welcome back to "sunny" England,

Looking at UKweather.com as of yesterday when the temp in Ayamonte was over 28* from now on it is set fair with blue skys and sunshine for the next ten days. Here in MK it was so wet on Tuesday that I could not cut the graass until late yesterday and I had to be careful not to decapitate the frogs living in the long grass.

Regards,

John.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
You may have to do that as a proposal through the AGM or maybe the president can do it for you if they have already been agreed at the previous meeting.
The president is the only person they will aknowledge.
For my sins, I am the president for M2. Playa have not given me any contact details for anyone on this manzana but have asked me to make decisions re eg how many months of the year the pool should be open. I want this to be a democratic process,but without being able to contact anyone it makes it impossible. Therefore if anyone is on M2, please PM me and let me know your thoughts and issues.
Thanks
Sue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.