Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

LynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant future
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by SALGAR
Hello

Is anyone able to help us with our grout question, is grout more chalk like is Spain or do you think we are being fobbed off by the builder?

Thanks
Hi, In our apartment we had more grout on the tiles and the floor than in the gaps themselves, and found it hard to remove, ended up have to scrape off what we could without damaging the tiles, so no did not find it chalky. When they came back to regrout the bits not done, they made even more mess on the floors which we had already cleaned as best we could, and had to try and clean again, and still not easy to get if off!!!

Lynn
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynnF
Hi, In our apartment we had more grout on the tiles and the floor than in the gaps themselves, and found it hard to remove, ended up have to scrape off what we could without damaging the tiles, so no did not find it chalky. When they came back to regrout the bits not done, they made even more mess on the floors which we had already cleaned as best we could, and had to try and clean again, and still not easy to get if off!!!

Lynn
Hi Lynn if the grout is cement based you could try Agua fuerte ( not sure if that is the correct spelling) it's a very powerful acid based cleaner, it dissolves the cement, does a great job but wear rubbers (gloves )

Good luck.

BB.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:46 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
Hi Lynn if the grout is cement based you could try Agua fuerte ( not sure if that is the correct spelling) it's a very powerful acid based cleaner, it dissolves the cement, does a great job but wear rubbers (gloves )

Good luck.

BB.
If you use it neat its advisable to wear a good mask.and gogles dont what ever you do atomise it as it will do your lungs in.also it tarnishes chrome fittings and strips off any cheap chrome.even the vapour hanging around will make your plug holes rusty.even a day or so after.and if you put it near your worktops it will stain.Its acid remember that when you are using it.you may be better using cement remover.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:48 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
It was fairly wet in Costa Esuri last week, but look at the effect it has had on the gardens. Look closely at the last photo, it isn't just a picture of a golf ball on the green !
Is it a chukky egg
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Hi All,

I think I remember some time ago there was discussion on self storage in the Ayamonte area. At the time I was not thinking that I would need this so did not follow the thread.

Did anyone discover if it is available anywhere close to Ayamonte. Any costs known?

Regards,

John.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Maggies1033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JS&SS
Hi Kerry, Bill and Claire McCall look after our property and live in Esuri. We have found them to be excellent. I'll PM you with their contact details.
Sue
Hi have just joined this forum. We are buying on manzana 5 and I would like contact details for Bill and Claire please, can you PM me?

Have just read through some of the closed thread and it certainly makes interesting reading. I am sure there is much to learn. I strayed in here whilst having my mind boggled my furniture packs. Wondering if a group of friends and a van to IKEA is the answer?

Maggie
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:43 am
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maggies1033
Hi have just joined this forum. We are buying on manzana 5 and I would like contact details for Bill and Claire please, can you PM me?

Have just read through some of the closed thread and it certainly makes interesting reading. I am sure there is much to learn. I strayed in here whilst having my mind boggled my furniture packs. Wondering if a group of friends and a van to IKEA is the answer?

Maggie
Hi Maggie - I've sent you a PM with the details.
Sue
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sue
She won`t be able to access PM`s till she has more posts.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:56 am
Just Joined

I need to post 2 more times before I can use private messages to please forgive me ....

I have been looking at furniture packages ... does anyone have any advice?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Sue

Thanks for your prompt response, I might be able to read it after this
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

Anybody opened a Euro bank account in Ayamonte?

Ray
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray-Pauline
Anybody opened a Euro bank account in Ayamonte?

Ray
We have two how did you buy without one?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Ray-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the roughRay-Pauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We have two how did you buy without one?
transfered the money from Corporate FX Pounds to Euros
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:48 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maggies1033
Thanks for your prompt response, I might be able to read it after this
FFS!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray-Pauline
transfered the money from Corporate FX Pounds to Euros
You haven't made the final payment yet? For that the Notary should/will demand a bankers draft (precaution against "black money" and money laundering).

When we started out on this adventure Fadesa London opened an account for us with Banco Andalucia (London Branch) it was so easy back in 2003/4 that we hardly noticed it had happened. The net result was that we were overdrawn for about the first 8 months becase we knew nothing about the tax charge to maintain a non-resident account of then €10 per 24 months. This is now about €12 with Andalucia but other banks charge much more. Banks in Spain have a bad reputation for random charges and we have had a few but most have been refunded when we complain. Now that Kath draws her State Pension we have switched to their "Seniors Account" which if you pay a pension into it it is free and has other extras for free. Advice says that if you become Resident as we intend to do you are best having separate accounts so this will be Kaths account.

In addition we have opened an account with Solbank as our main account in Spain for all of us to access. This is the Prestige Account which like the seniors is free and has extras. Solbank pride themselves on their multiligual staff and this has been very useful of late when we have had to arrange insurance to cover the property under construction.

Hopefully this will be a long lasting solution and I shall withdraw from the Banco Andalucia account.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 7th 2008 at 5:54 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.