Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:44 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by jules h
Thanks Carol
I have also been looking at furniture and have found the web sites you posted really useful in getting an idea of prices for individual items.
The jury is still out, I would love to pick everything myself as we are not planning to rent out but am not sure I will have enough time initially to do so.
As you say quality is important to me but I would still like to find value for money.
Thanks again
Jules
there is quality and quality.somthings are dressed up to look quality.some things are priced up to look quality.decide your budget and look around and get the best deal but remember a picture on a web site or in a book could decieve and dont forget to take the size of your rooms into account.as some have got new furnishings and its too overpowering for the room.especialy the bedrooms when they find they cant open the wardrobe doors without moving the beds
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:02 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi All,

I think I remember some time ago there was discussion on self storage in the Ayamonte area. At the time I was not thinking that I would need this so did not follow the thread.

Did anyone discover if it is available anywhere close to Ayamonte. Any costs known?

Regards,

John.
yes it is.but if you go and see tom who ownes the adalucian bar in cannela he has some secure storage inside at the back of his bar and he will proberly let you use it for half the price of the self store
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks for the photos, BobD. How's the book corner?
Hi Carol & John,

I thought the Book Corner idea was dead when we were at CE recently, as they had changed around the Golf Club House furniture, and made a 'Members Only' area, and I couldn't see any remaining books. However, Carole noticed them the next day, on a small table in the Members Area, by the exit to the Terrace. We could do with some more though, I don't think the message has got across that you should replace the book you are borrowing with another, or drop off any spare books you may have.

Regards
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by jules h
Thanks Carol
I have also been looking at furniture and have found the web sites you posted really useful in getting an idea of prices for individual items.
The jury is still out, I would love to pick everything myself as we are not planning to rent out but am not sure I will have enough time initially to do so.
As you say quality is important to me but I would still like to find value for money.
Thanks again
Jules
We are considering doing a sort of halfway house on this:

Buy the beds and some of the basics - eg some utensils etc (perhaps even the balcony furniture to use inside and out until properly sorted out). Then do the rest properly in slower time.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Carol & John,

I thought the Book Corner idea was dead when we were at CE recently, as they had changed around the Golf Club House furniture, and made a 'Members Only' area, and I couldn't see any remaining books. However, Carole noticed them the next day, on a small table in the Members Area, by the exit to the Terrace. We could do with some more though, I don't think the message has got across that you should replace the book you are borrowing with another, or drop off any spare books you may have.

Regards
What a pity...
Perhaps a small sign with a title: "Honest Book Corner". Laminated & in 5 different languages.
I'll try stuffing a few paperbacks in the hold luggage, or...
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
its simmple. ceee ment reee move errrr. say the sentance fast.then faster.then faster again
Or, drop the "t", and run for your life.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Reptonian

Buy the beds and some of the basics - eg some utensils etc (perhaps even the balcony furniture to use inside and out until properly sorted out). Then do the rest properly in slower time.
If you are a member of Makro you could get all of the type of things you mention including beds at good prices in one hit. They are in Faro and Sevilla on the opposite side of the motorway to Ikea so if you hired a van and got away at sparrow f.... you could do the lot in one day easily.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Re: furniture.

Some people order furniture successfully online. However, most prefer to try out the items for comfort , quality, and durability. If you enjoy shopping, it's a dream.
Keep in mind that the manufacturers (in Spain, and elsewhere) close for the entire month of August, so there can be a delay in ordering.
When completing and moving in to your property, you might find that you have only one light bulb in situ. Lamps/light fittings can be purchased as and when. Some shops offer an installation service.
As betris said in a previous post, yes, there are other places to shop. For example, in Lepe (bathroom fittings, curtains, lamps, furniture). Or, Sevilla, and not just IKEA. Delivery can be arranged. (However, keep in mind the added fuel costs.)
There has been discussion about the room sizes/layout in various properties. Unless you've inspected your property, you may not know that some bedrooms, for example, are not box-shaped (as in the showrooms). Some corners have an added right angle, reducing the space either side of the bed.( Sorry, if this doesn't make sense.) It isn't a big problem. However, you should indeed measure up.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath
If you are a member of Makro you could get all of the type of things you mention including beds at good prices in one hit. They are in Faro and Sevilla on the opposite side of the motorway to Ikea so if you hired a van and got away at sparrow f.... you could do the lot in one day easily.
Aye, remember you have to carry it, too. And, dispose of the packaging in an environmentally friendly way. Or, I'll denounce you! (only kidding... actually, I should be more pro-active...)
Makro used to make lovely birthday party size cakes. Do they still? In Spain, (or Portugal) the "tartas" are disappointing, IMO. (The diet starts in Spain) However, Castilleja de la cuesta (Sevilla/IKEA area) is reknowned for its cakes, I am told. (Diet on hold...)
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:10 am
Banned

Or, drop the "t", and run for your life.
Its a good job you can have a laugh.dont let the cement on the tiles worry you to mutch,just think spanish.I have to remove the cement.hmm maybe today,better tomorrow
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:36 am
Banned

Aye, remember you have to carry it, too. And, dispose of the packaging in an environmentally friendly way. Or, I'll denounce you! (only kidding... actually, I should be more pro-active...)
Makro used to make lovely birthday party size cakes. Do they still? In Spain, (or Portugal) the "tartas" are disappointing, IMO. (The diet starts in Spain) However, Castilleja de la cuesta (Sevilla/IKEA area) is reknowned for its cakes, I am told. (Diet on hold...)
You have environmetally friendly carboard and paper only disposal bins at esury
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BobD
Hi Carol & John,

Regards
I think I saw them books in the car boot sale.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Maggies1033 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reptonian

Snap this was the conclusion i was coming to, beds and lighting? plus a kettle and some mugs (won't be cooking!) and some outdoor furniture )
then the rest can happen ... tomorrow or the day after that!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brizey
SALGAR

Might not seem helpful but maybe your as well off to "rake the joints" and regrout the area yourself . Could take ages to resolve with Fadesa and for the sake of a few hours work, at least you can purchase a readymixed waterproof grout and seal the tiles before any damage is done. If it's like chalk it shouldn't be too hard to rake out.

Good luck... whatever course of action you take !

I guess your right, will purchase quality grout in UK and do it myself, after all if I want it done right I may as well do it myself, another "working" holiday!!

Thanks for taking time to reply anyway.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

SALGAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
If you go to the builders merchants.there is one as you go past the la plaza shopping mal.with the mal and the petrol station on the left.half way between the little round about and the big roundabout at the end of the road.Its on the right hand side on the main road.You can proberly buy a bag there.dont use cemento blanco (a lot of spanish do).and the merchant may recomend it.if you havent used it before or you arnt familiar with it make sure you stick to tile grout.
Thanks for advice and directions, to be on the safe side I will purchase a quality grout in the UK, this way I know what I'm actually working with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.