Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by GerryW
Are you seriously suggesting 3 * 1000euros/sqm? Even Quinta do Lago is running at 1000euros/sqm at the moment!
I do not think this part of the CDL is as cheap for quality construction as people may think. You also have to take into consideration all the little costs that you have not been told about or even knew existed.

182 sq m approved build on a very steeply sloping site is not cheap but at a QS estimate over €200k that means a Building Licence fee from the Ayuntamiento of €11,000 add to that Technical Architects fees the H&S cert fees and so on it all adds up.

I do not see build costs declining dramatically if you want quality. The thousands of building workers put on the dole by the current slump are probably mostly from Eastern Europe or North Africa and a lot will just return home.The small Spanish builder employs mainly Spanish labour and will endeavor to keep them. First to go will be unskilled immigrant labour.

I think (and you are) one of the lucky or wise ones who bought a plot which is by and large level and at the same level as the back of footpath, you don't put in basements or Torreon's and not too much in the way of colonnades, porches or hard landscaping (which all feed into the buiding licence fee) you should get away with €12/1500 sq m.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:42 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Thanks to all for pm's and thread posts in response to my the lock question...........(note for Graham and Sandra - only 5 more sleeps !! )

Mel x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I do not think this part of the CDL is as cheap for quality construction as people may think. You also have to take into consideration all the little costs that you have not been told about or even knew existed.

182 sq m approved build on a very steeply sloping site is not cheap but at a QS estimate over €200k that means a Building Licence fee from the Ayuntamiento of €11,000 add to that Technical Architects fees the H&S cert fees and so on it all adds up.

I do not see build costs declining dramatically if you want quality. The thousands of building workers put on the dole by the current slump are probably mostly from Eastern Europe or North Africa and a lot will just return home.The small Spanish builder employs mainly Spanish labour and will endeavor to keep them. First to go will be unskilled immigrant labour.

I think (and you are) one of the lucky or wise ones who bought a plot which is by and large level and at the same level as the back of footpath, you don't put in basements or Torreon's and not too much in the way of colonnades, porches or hard landscaping (which all feed into the buiding licence fee) you should get away with €12/1500 sq m.
Thx John. My plot is not as steep as yours - but it still slopes quite a bit front to back and side to side! We still want to put in a basement for several reasons. I'll certainly keep an eye on costs.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:06 am
Account Closed

rogerbilko is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just returned from our 2 weeks at CE, I don't know what it is about the place but we simply love it. We have a town house which is now our home, ok, we had to upgrade the kitchen, and some work was needed to bring the general finish up to scratch, but all in all, we are delighted with what we have bought in to. I have travelled all over the world, but CE and Ayamonte is where I have never experienced this level of feeling of belonging before. My folks travelled over from Malaga to see us and noted how much more comfortable they felt in the heat tempered by the breeze. They stayed at the Riu and thought it was one of the best Hotels they have ever stayed at, and great value for money.
There are troubles on site at the moment and we have little choice other than to hold our nerve , but I truly believe that time will reward us with a superb resort that for most will become a delight.
We found the most fantastic shopping centre in a place called Guia in Portugal. Take the main A22 past Faro until you see the sign for Albufeira, just after the junction for Albufeira, 800mtrs or so, there is a second junction to Guia, take this, then follow the signs to the commercial centre, there is everything there, it's a real treat and only about 40 mins drive from CE.

For those who want locks changing I suggest you ask Benny on site, he is a great guy to know and changed mine in just a few minutes.

For those who are just off to CE....... you lucky things, We can't wait to get back!

Originally Posted by Brian Day
All of our windows have shutters except one which is on the front of the house. We are in a gated complex with limited access. we had changed the locks after some of our neighbours had odd items go missing without a break-in. We are now having security bars fitted to the front of the house.
Great News about the electricity now being connected, if only Fadesa had got things organised sooner they might have sold more houses... and stopped all this negative news about Esuri... Esuri is going to be a great place. It has lots going for it... give it a couple of years and we will all be looking back wondering why we had any doubts at all ! Let's be positive!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:55 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerbilko
Have just returned from our 2 weeks at CE, I don't know what it is about the place but we simply love it. We have a town house which is now our home, ok, we had to upgrade the kitchen, and some work was needed to bring the general finish up to scratch, but all in all, we are delighted with what we have bought in to. I have travelled all over the world, but CE and Ayamonte is where I have never experienced this level of feeling of belonging before. My folks travelled over from Malaga to see us and noted how much more comfortable they felt in the heat tempered by the breeze. They stayed at the Riu and thought it was one of the best Hotels they have ever stayed at, and great value for money.
There are troubles on site at the moment and we have little choice other than to hold our nerve , but I truly believe that time will reward us with a superb resort that for most will become a delight.
We found the most fantastic shopping centre in a place called Guia in Portugal. Take the main A22 past Faro until you see the sign for Albufeira, just after the junction for Albufeira, 800mtrs or so, there is a second junction to Guia, take this, then follow the signs to the commercial centre, there is everything there, it's a real treat and only about 40 mins drive from CE.

For those who want locks changing I suggest you ask Benny on site, he is a great guy to know and changed mine in just a few minutes.

For those who are just off to CE....... you lucky things, We can't wait to get back!
im just off there now.with a big bunch of keys
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Thanks to all for pm's and thread posts in response to my the lock question...........(note for Graham and Sandra - only 5 more sleeps !! )

Mel x
No need to rub it in Mel!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by betris
im just off there now.with a big bunch of keys
Thought just one skeleton key suited your needs.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN

Mel x
Four weeks today and counting!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GerryW
Thx John. My plot is not as steep as yours - but it still slopes quite a bit front to back and side to side! We still want to put in a basement for several reasons. I'll certainly keep an eye on costs.
Two things to watch the further down the site you go the lower down the site you will be and you may find like us that the sewer in the road is a standard 3m to invert and you are below it. Expensive solutions if you don't want to mascerate and pump. Also good waterproof tanked concrete for the basement and the size of the basement will add to the costs I mentioned.

I don't know if you know Lord Portlands place in Nottinghamshire but we have a basement just like his! They don't come cheap!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Two things to watch the further down the site you go the lower down the site you will be and you may find like us that the sewer in the road is a standard 3m to invert and you are below it. Expensive solutions if you don't want to mascerate and pump. Also good waterproof tanked concrete for the basement and the size of the basement will add to the costs I mentioned.

I don't know if you know Lord Portlands place in Nottinghamshire but we have a basement just like his! They don't come cheap!!
Gosh are you friends with the aristocracy?

Just out of curiosity where is his place,I am from Notts and have never heard of him.

Tony
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonyp
Gosh are you friends with the aristocracy?

Just out of curiosity where is his place,I am from Notts and have never heard of him.

Tony
Don't know him personally but one of the Duke of Portlands ancestors was a very shy person and built a whole palace underground with a huge ballroom. Until very recently it was the Army sixth form college but it has now been handed back to Portland Estates.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Don't know him personally but one of the Duke of Portlands ancestors was a very shy person and built a whole palace underground with a huge ballroom. Until very recently it was the Army sixth form college but it has now been handed back to Portland Estates.
Yep, just down the road from Worksop. The Defence 6th Form College, Welbeck College has now been relocated to Leicestershire. The ballroom was used as the gymnasium.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Yep, just down the road from Worksop. The Defence 6th Form College, Welbeck College has now been relocated to Leicestershire. The ballroom was used as the gymnasium.
Do you know the story of the Dukes masterpieces left hanging on the wall of the ballroom?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Four weeks today and counting!
Just in time to enjoy the umbrella festival in Villa Real de San Antonio.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Graham G
Just in time to enjoy the umbrella festival in Villa Real de San Antonio.
Umbrellas maybe a scarce resource in the UK shortly,perhaps you should buy in bulk from VRS and start a new venture?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.