Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Michaelh
The New bridge opened on Isla Canela today.
Good timing for the crowds attending the BBC Sport Mile event, and it will be handy for the Easter and Spring holiday traffic as well.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Michael,

Where does the bridge start and finish.Is this now a quicker route down to he marina and beach?

Tony
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:24 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonyp
Michael,

Where does the bridge start and finish.Is this now a quicker route down to he marina and beach?

Tony
It won't be necessarily be quicker - but it is now dual carriageway. It is alongside the original single carriageway bridge across the river to Isla Canela by the Barriada (probably spelt that wrong ... somebody put it right, please?) - you must have noticed the new bridge being built last year as you drove to Isla Canela, but perhaps didn't realise what it was going to be.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Michael,

Tony
Tony,

I think this is the bridge that has been built alongside the existing one, as you leave Ayamonte going to Isla Canella, to create a dual carriageway to complement the new road that has been built past the IC Golf Club. It gets rid of the choke point between that road, and the dual carriageway past the football ground. At the moment, this probably moves the congestion back to the 'Eroski' roundabout, but maybe there are plans to change the road layout there.(does Michael or any other locals know of any future plans for this ?)

Another good thing I noticed last time out there was that there is now a tarmac road between the IC Marina and Beach, you don't need to come back to the roundabout by the Golf Club to get from one to the other anymore.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BobD
Tony,

I think this is the bridge that has been built alongside the existing one, as you leave Ayamonte going to Isla Canella, to create a dual carriageway to complement the new road that has been built past the IC Golf Club. It gets rid of the choke point between that road, and the dual carriageway past the football ground. At the moment, this probably moves the congestion back to the 'Eroski' roundabout, but maybe there are plans to change the road layout there.(does Michael or any other locals know of any future plans for this ?)

Another good thing I noticed last time out there was that there is now a tarmac road between the IC Marina and Beach, you don't need to come back to the roundabout by the Golf Club to get from one to the other anymore.
Thanks Bob,always a mind of information

When are you out in CE again?Visiting at the end of this month but no golfers in our party.Aaargh

Tony
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Try the one at Pria Verde, but make sure you take a full wallet. As they say it is like something out of the movies
Thanks John

We love it too, I included some photos of it in my last batch.

Long drive down this weekend - but looking forward to that bottle of Cava on the terrace, Monday!! And the first night on an airbed!!

We have deliveries of beds and the 3 pce suite on Tuesday so not so long without creature comforts. That is if we have services connected, I just heard that there are some problems.... is there a shower at the golf club?

Hope to see some of you down there before too long

Cheers
Jon
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Thanks Bob,always a mind of information

When are you out in CE again?Visiting at the end of this month but no golfers in our party.Aaargh

Tony
Hi Tony,

We are out from 30th March to 6th April, so would welcome a game with you and anyone else out at the same time. Lets see if we can get a 'fiddle' going
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks John

We love it too, I included some photos of it in my last batch.

Long drive down this weekend - but looking forward to that bottle of Cava on the terrace, Monday!! And the first night on an airbed!!

We have deliveries of beds and the 3 pce suite on Tuesday so not so long without creature comforts. That is if we have services connected, I just heard that there are some problems.... is there a shower at the golf club?

Hope to see some of you down there before too long

Cheers
Jon
Yes there are showers at the golf club. As I understand it everywhere has water, plots and RAGO I are without mains electricity but some areas have "mains" generators and plots have individual builders generators if they request them. If you are on Pueblo Andaluz you should have the lot and your water will be heated by gas No?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:19 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

What a fabulous thread this is and especially the most recent postings, all excellent info and on the things I like:- books to swap, places to visit and where to eat out, local news such as the new bridge and the connecting road from Beach to IC Marina ( great !) and some wonderful pics too. Thanks to you all !!

Jon Bxl............AT LAST, many congrats to you and others on the thread who have got their places recently, here's to many happy "cava's on the terrace"

A bit of a damper now I'm afraid - did anybody look at the latest ADA news saying that Fadesa owe 5 months community fees ( not sure if this is just our Manzana or not) and they are looking to take legal action against them. This shortfall. and that of others who are not paying, they say will cause cash flow problems that the rest of us may have to pay extra to prop the community up financially until ( when and if) these people pay their dues.

Also a "help" please, not too long ago I saw a list of the certificates/licences we should have along with our deeds to prove ownership, divvy that I am I cannot find it again. I think John and Kath or MichaelH may have posted this. Can anybody point me in the right direction please.

All the best

Mel
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tednsharon
It won't be necessarily be quicker - but it is now dual carriageway. It is alongside the original single carriageway bridge across the river to Isla Canela by the Barriada (probably spelt that wrong ... somebody put it right, please?) - you must have noticed the new bridge being built last year as you drove to Isla Canela, but perhaps didn't realise what it was going to be.
Looking at Michaels photo I would say that the new bridge is two way, judging from the road markings two lanes in each direction separated by a heavy continuous white line. When we were out in Feb the works were well advanced and I thought that the poor condition of the old bridge would mean that it would require considerable work to bring it up to standard but perhaps they have decided to abandon it or maybe use it for pedestrians and cyclists only.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN

Also a "help" please, not too long ago I saw a list of the certificates/licences we should have along with our deeds to prove ownership, divvy that I am I cannot find it again. I think John and Kath or MichaelH may have posted this. Can anybody point me in the right direction please.

All the best

Mel
Michael posted it originally but I added to it for plot buyers, here it is again
Attached Files
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

On the subject of books to swap, I wonder if anyone from the Golf Club reads this thread ? If so, would it be possible to put a bookshelf in the lounge area of the Clubhouse, for books for swaps ?

We have started to build a small collection of books in our Apartment, as we regularly read two or three whilst we are at CE (no british TV to distract us!). We would happily leave these at the Golf Club for others to borrow.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:45 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BobD
On the subject of books to swap, I wonder if anyone from the Golf Club reads this thread ? If so, would it be possible to put a bookshelf in the lounge area of the Clubhouse, for books for swaps ?

We have started to build a small collection of books in our Apartment, as we regularly read two or three whilst we are at CE (no british TV to distract us!). We would happily leave these at the Golf Club for others to borrow.
That would be a great idea count me in
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

That's a very good idea, Bob D.
I noticed the clubhouse also takes delivery of the free magazines, "LaLuz" and "Luz it!", plus other golfing magazines. There is the The Oracle, too.
Is there any reason why there can not be a multi language, free lending library in one corner?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Golfing range and "Los Tres Amigos":
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-100_0722.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-100_0721.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.