So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old May 12th 2005, 12:04 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by Night Nurse
Hi Lynn,

I'm SO pleased to hear your news. Sorry I'm late (again) but I never seem to get 5 minutes to myself nowadays to 'surf'. At least I was right when I said you'd get it all done sooner than later

We used PSS and found them to be very good. We had a 40' container and they packed everything extremely well, especially china things that arrived without injury. Things to remember are the costs don't stop with PSS. Once your container arrives your bits are whisked off to customs for them to have a look. Naturally, there is a charge for this, in addition to any duty payable. If there's anything that needs spraying or destroying then AQIS will make a charge for that too. They are separate depts and send separate bills . My advice is don't bother getting anything sprayed in the UK with Virkron (or whatever it's called). We did and when Mr NN talked to AQIS they said they didn't really care (certificate or not). They wanted to know it had all been done to their standards so they would do it and charge us.....or throw the stuff out. So, pet boxes, riding gear etc just clean it all up and acccept you're going to pay AQIS to spray it, rather than paying twice.

Again, with the animals the cash still flows once they get out here. Our 2 cats cost AU$1500 for their 30 day quarantine plus charges for the paperwork generated by customs and AQIS.

But don't let me depress you. Eventually you stop paying out and the mists begin to clear. Mr NN is off again on another trip, but Saturday saw us all down on the beach with fishing rods and BBQ gear. He's got himself a 4WD 'Ute so we can drive down the sands to bits where no-one else exists. Sun, sand and...............sardines, what more could a girl ask for
Thanks NN!!!! Yes it was a quick visa grant (12 weeks and 1 day!), can't wait until 31st October now when we leave - really need a laptop before Singapore though as computer being shipped in container and need a computer for the few months before we go. I have also heard that some things aren't as cheap in Singapore and you have to really know your stuff to get a good deal on electrical goods. that aside we are thinking of buying a digital camera (a decent one) in Singapore - does Mr NN have any thoughts on good shops to buy? We have a 4 night stopover in Singapore.

So is Perth everything you have dreamed of? Has your quality of life improved?

Our Dog has 2 beds - one a frame bed with a fleece mattress - if we clean it will they still want to spray it?

Keep in touch and tell me more about where you are living etc. etc.

Lynn x
Old May 12th 2005, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Had the kids meds done last week, our X rays yesterday and our medicals done today. Doc says everything is fine!!
Awaiting the blood results, about a week, then he will send them off to OZ, unrequested.

Paul
Old May 12th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulb
Had the kids meds done last week, our X rays yesterday and our medicals done today. Doc says everything is fine!!
Awaiting the blood results, about a week, then he will send them off to OZ, unrequested.

Paul

Hello!
We had our medicals done back in April as we were going for sponsorship at the time. Doc is holding on to them until we send our application off to DIMIA as don't want to risk them going missing at that price! Did your Doc just take five mins to examine your kids? We're in the wrong jobs!
Just awaiting skills assessment, which was posted from Aus last week and the application is ready to go.
Bye for now.
Old May 12th 2005, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hello!
We had our medicals done back in April as we were going for sponsorship at the time. Doc is holding on to them until we send our application off to DIMIA as don't want to risk them going missing at that price! Did your Doc just take five mins to examine your kids? We're in the wrong jobs!
Just awaiting skills assessment, which was posted from Aus last week and the application is ready to go.
Bye for now.
Hi Clair - you sound like you are making really good progress, can't believe you are getting your application in already!!!!! Are you going to get the Dr to send meds once you have a case number from DIMIA?
Are you enclosing PCC with your application?

12-13 weeks time you should have your visa - hope you get your ANMC stuff back soon,

Lynn x
Old May 13th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

just had it confirmed that the hospital have approved me to do 32hrs a week instead of 38! really chuffed, it will make such a difference when im having to stick to it for the 2yrs! seem to have had to battle with the major things, first they wanted us to go on 457, then they agreed to rsms visa and now the hours...really chuffed They are putting the documents into the regional certifying body, so hopefully hopefully stage 1 of the process will over soon.....
Trish
Old May 13th 2005, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Hello!
Bye for now.
Hi

Yes the kids meds were pretty quick, seriously, no more than 5 mins each. Mind you the doc was very good. Our meds didnt take too long either. The meds plus bloods for 2 and 2 CXR, and courier ,total £566!! The price we pay for a better life!

Paul
Old May 13th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi

Yes the kids meds were pretty quick, seriously, no more than 5 mins each. Mind you the doc was very good. Our meds didnt take too long either. The meds plus bloods for 2 and 2 CXR, and courier ,total £566!! The price we pay for a better life!

Paul
Can beat that Paul! - 2 adult medicals with bloods: £400
2 x-rays: £123.
1 under 6 medical: £50
1 over 6 medical:£120.

BUT...it will be worth every penny.
Old May 13th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Clair - you sound like you are making really good progress, can't believe you are getting your application in already!!!!! Are you going to get the Dr to send meds once you have a case number from DIMIA?
Are you enclosing PCC with your application?

12-13 weeks time you should have your visa - hope you get your ANMC stuff back soon,

Lynn x
Oh yes, we're keen Lynn. Can't wait to go.
We want to travel early November, so the sooner we get the application off, the sooner we can book those one way flights! Yes, I took your advice from another thread Lynn...we will get doc to send meds as soon as we get a case no. Thanks for your support Lynn...we'll meet up in Brisbane!
Just awaiting ANMC. Told me on Tues that they'd posted it last week. Was hoping to have it by now.....maybe tomorrow?
Claire. x
Old May 13th 2005, 6:03 am

We want to travel early November, so the sooner we get the application off, the sooner we can book those one way flights! Yes, I took your advice from another thread Lynn...we will get doc to send meds as soon as we get a case no. Thanks for your support Lynn...we'll meet up in Brisbane!
Just awaiting ANMC. Told me on Tues that they'd posted it last week. Was hoping to have it by now.....maybe tomorrow?
Claire. x
Yup Claire we can definately meet up - we leave Glasgow 31st October and arrive Brisbane 5th November (do they celebrate Guy Fawkes in Oz!!!???) so we should be there the same time as you guy's!!!!!!!

Hope you get your ANMC stuff tomorrow,

Lynn x
Old May 13th 2005, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yup Claire we can definately meet up - we leave Glasgow 31st October and arrive Brisbane 5th November (do they celebrate Guy Fawkes in Oz!!!???) so we should be there the same time as you guy's!!!!!!!

Hope you get your ANMC stuff tomorrow,

Lynn x
hi lynn,

we asked my mate whos an aussie and they dont celebrate it, only wanted to know as its jims birthday, and he will be 40 this year!! :scared:
so we will have to have our fireworks before we go, doesnt rain enough in townsville so no sparklers for us!
got my qnc reg forms done today, only cost me £5 for the certified copies! will be sending that off first thing on monday morning.
hope you are ok.

Trish
xx
Old May 13th 2005, 6:34 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Claire. x
Hi Claire

WOW things are really moving for you now.....
The ANMC is taking longer than you think. It took about 3 weeks for ours to come back and they were straight forward. It only takes 2 days to process them but it must be the post back to UK.
It would be great if we could all meet up when we get over there as it would be good to have a circle of friends to chat to. Theres always the Brisbane girlies drinking Nights out as well....
Good Luck Claire
Ang xx
Old May 13th 2005, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Robbo2]Can beat that Paul! - 2 adult medicals with bloods: £400
QUOTE]

Wow: we have just had our X rays today (couldnt get the same day as the meds) and the cost was £160 for four of us. I think you were robbed at over £60 each. Perhaps you had very thick skin Having said that I had to have two X Rays because he could not fit all of my chest on one film - too long (my chest that is ). Thankfully I was not charged for the extra X-ray.

We are now on a bit of a tight time-frame as meds have got to be back with DIMIA by 17/6 and our meds are a week on Tues and we have still to receive our police checks. Pressure's on.

Agree with Angie, would be good to meet up when in Oz, helps the settling in process. We'll have to live in an ex-pats ghetto

Rich
Old May 13th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Claire

WOW things are really moving for you now.....
The ANMC is taking longer than you think. It took about 3 weeks for ours to come back and they were straight forward. It only takes 2 days to process them but it must be the post back to UK.
It would be great if we could all meet up when we get over there as it would be good to have a circle of friends to chat to. Theres always the Brisbane girlies drinking Nights out as well....
Good Luck Claire
Ang xx
Thanks Ang and Lyn!
I'm having an excited day today! Sometimes I have scared days, but today is good!
Old May 13th 2005, 7:43 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=RAG62]
Can beat that Paul! - 2 adult medicals with bloods: £400
QUOTE]

Wow: we have just had our X rays today (couldnt get the same day as the meds) and the cost was £160 for four of us. I think you were robbed at over £60 each. Perhaps you had very thick skin Having said that I had to have two X Rays because he could not fit all of my chest on one film - too long (my chest that is ). Thankfully I was not charged for the extra X-ray.

We are now on a bit of a tight time-frame as meds have got to be back with DIMIA by 17/6 and our meds are a week on Tues and we have still to receive our police checks. Pressure's on.

Agree with Angie, would be good to meet up when in Oz, helps the settling in process. We'll have to live in an ex-pats ghetto

Rich
Hi Rich

Well I feel as though Im being robbed now. Our meds are £120 each for me & Rich and £60 for the girls each thats £360 before the xrays and bloods. Xrays are £26 and bloods are £30 each for me & Rich total £492.
Rich have you requested your police checks yet. They only take a few weeks to come back.
Are you coming to the meet tomorrow??

Ang
Old May 13th 2005, 9:28 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Rich

Well I feel as though Im being robbed now. Our meds are £120 each for me & Rich and £60 for the girls each thats £360 before the xrays and bloods. Xrays are £26 and bloods are £30 each for me & Rich total £492.
Rich have you requested your police checks yet. They only take a few weeks to come back.
Are you coming to the meet tomorrow??

Ang

We enquired with Dr Talpar.....his fees were the reason we did not use him!

boomie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.