So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old May 26th 2005, 9:37 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Visa application went with DHL bound for Adelaide today!!!!!!
Great news.....hope you get a speedy visa turnaround!

Lynn x
Old May 27th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Missives concluded on my house today so we have officially sold and have a legally binding contract with the buyers!!!!!!!!

Crown are coming on 22nd and 23rd of June to export pack our contents! They are storing the stuff in the UK free of charge then shipping the contents on in the shared container after this period - if the stuff takes 14 weeks to ship then it should be ready for when we move into a rental house after our initial 3 week stay in an apartment - thats the theory anyway!!!!!

Now we need to start cleaning the stuff we are taking for the quarantine people and separating what we are taking in suitcase and whats going in the container - I also need to start cancelling direct debits we have for our house just now and give suppliers our move out date of the 24th June.

Its all action stations go now and only 5 months until we fly out.

Paul - hope you are going around this time too - would be nice for you to have your wedding anniversary in Oz - a new start and all that.

Lynn
Our house is sold (to a couple from Scotland). We have Crown coming on 27th and 28th June and move out on 29th. Wife and kids are moving into her parents house while I move into a nurses home at a hospital near where I work. Its not what any of us want but we have little option. There is no married quarters available. So really as soon as we get the visa we will be booking the flights. as quickly as possible, so the family can get back together again. Going on your timescale Lynn, of 12 weeks, that takes us up to late July, but maybe Im being a bit too hopeful!
Old May 27th 2005, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Our house is sold (to a couple from Scotland). We have Crown coming on 27th and 28th June and move out on 29th. Wife and kids are moving into her parents house while I move into a nurses home at a hospital near where I work. Its not what any of us want but we have little option. There is no married quarters available. So really as soon as we get the visa we will be booking the flights. as quickly as possible, so the family can get back together again. Going on your timescale Lynn, of 12 weeks, that takes us up to late July, but maybe Im being a bit too hopeful!
I hope your hear very quickly then Paul.....thats awful you will have to live apart - why can't you move into the mother in law's too!!?
Are Crown storing your stuff in the UK or sending it straight away? We are the opposite to you and we wanted a few months to get organised as its such a huge move - we wanted 5 months savings on top of what we will make profit wise from our house.
Was looking at a map and Grafton does not seem too far from the Gold coast does it - maybe 45-60mins drive? Does Grafton have lovely beaches? Thats what dissapoints me about Bayside area of Brisbane - the beaches look small and muddy! You have to go up the Sunshine coast for the decent beaches.

Marc my hubbie is restricting us - he is a Senior Design Engineer in the UK and I can't imagine that he would find employment outwith the Brisbane CBD - but won't know for sure until we get there. How big is Grafton?

Lynn
Old May 27th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Missives concluded on my house today so we have officially sold and have a legally binding contract with the buyers!!!!!!!!

Crown are coming on 22nd and 23rd of June to export pack our contents! They are storing the stuff in the UK free of charge then shipping the contents on in the shared container after this period - if the stuff takes 14 weeks to ship then it should be ready for when we move into a rental house after our initial 3 week stay in an apartment - thats the theory anyway!!!!!

Now we need to start cleaning the stuff we are taking for the quarantine people and separating what we are taking in suitcase and whats going in the container - I also need to start cancelling direct debits we have for our house just now and give suppliers our move out date of the 24th June.

Its all action stations go now and only 5 months until we fly out.

Paul - hope you are going around this time too - would be nice for you to have your wedding anniversary in Oz - a new start and all that.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,
Fantastic news girl! It's all happening so quickly isn't it? You haven't had your visa very long!!! I am sooo excited for you! Can't imagine how you must feel??
It will all be happening very quick for us when our visa arrives too (assuming we'll get one of course!), because we want to leave our house mid October and we won't get visa before end of Aug at very earliest! Do you think I can start doing anything in preparation Lynn? Obviously, I can't book flights or accommodation 'til the visa comes, but I wondered if you have any tips for stuff I can start organising?
Claire. x
Old May 27th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I hope your hear very quickly then Paul.....thats awful you will have to live apart - why can't you move into the mother in law's too!!?
Are Crown storing your stuff in the UK or sending it straight away? We are the opposite to you and we wanted a few months to get organised as its such a huge move - we wanted 5 months savings on top of what we will make profit wise from our house.
Was looking at a map and Grafton does not seem too far from the Gold coast does it - maybe 45-60mins drive? Does Grafton have lovely beaches? Thats what dissapoints me about Bayside area of Brisbane - the beaches look small and muddy! You have to go up the Sunshine coast for the decent beaches.

Marc my hubbie is restricting us - he is a Senior Design Engineer in the UK and I can't imagine that he would find employment outwith the Brisbane CBD - but won't know for sure until we get there. How big is Grafton?

Lynn
Hi Lynn

I could live with the in laws but it will be very cramped, and I think I would feel quite uncomfortable. I do like my space. (Thats why Im going to OZ). We hope to be able to get a family room in a local hotel each weekend which will help a little. My wife thinks the arrangement is fine!!!!!!!!

Crown are storing our furniture until we tell them to ship it. They 'offered' us 4 weeks free until we complained that others on this site were getting 6 weeks free. He then relented and gave us 6 weeks too. Its £25 per week +vat after that.

I think Grafton is about 3 hours south of Brisbane. It has a population of 18000, which is quite big for us as we live in a small town of 5000. Its abouut 20 minutes from some of the best beaches in Oz so Im told off several people. My sister has been a few times to stay with friends and she thinks we will love Grafton. Apparently it has much of what you need, it even has a Macdonalds, but I dont know if thats a good thing or bad!!

Can you not get to the North East meet? I know its a bit of a journey but it may be useful as there are a few from here going. I cant go on a Saturday as I play cricket.

Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Paul

PS
Maybe Marc will not need to work if you get a job!!

Last edited by paulb; May 27th 2005 at 3:14 pm.
Old May 28th 2005, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by paulb
PS
Maybe Marc will not need to work if you get a job!!
I think you will find that maybe *I* won't need to get a job if he is bringing in the $$$$$$$$$$'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nah Lynn better take of the rose tinted specs again!!!!!

Lynn

p.s where is this meet being held then?
Old May 28th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you will find that maybe *I* won't need to get a job if he is bringing in the $$$$$$$$$$'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nah Lynn better take of the rose tinted specs again!!!!!

Lynn

p.s where is this meet being held then?
Its at Hartlepool. Theres a thread on here about it.

Paul
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

just wanted to update you all, got email today, our nomination has been approved by the local dimia in oz! really chuffed.
just got to wait to hear from london now and get a CO and have meds booked for 4th july
on a little happy cloud at the moment
Trish

poor old jim failed his class 1 hgv yesterday, re-takes next thursday...fingers crossed
Old Jun 4th 2005, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jimtrish
just wanted to update you all, got email today, our nomination has been approved by the local dimia in oz! really chuffed.
just got to wait to hear from london now and get a CO and have meds booked for 4th july
on a little happy cloud at the moment
Trish

poor old jim failed his class 1 hgv yesterday, re-takes next thursday...fingers crossed
Thats great news Trish about the nomination - not really sure how your visa type works but it sounds good anyway! Does that mean you shouldn't have long to wait for your visa now?
Will keep my fingers crossed for Jim next Thurs -

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Thought I would update on our "progress". Some may know that we stalled a little
(see thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=299603&pp=15
for details). But we have now completed our medicals and police checks have been sent to DIMIA. The meds have not been sent off yet as we are still awaiting our blood test results.

The Dr. for our meds was great. Treated the children well, especially our eldest daughter. She had witnessed three of us do our checks and then told the Dr that he was not going near her to listen to her chest or take bloods. The Dr put his head in his hands and said "I need some paracetamol. I don't need all this hassle". A real comedian. Eventually daughter consented to some blood being taken and let him listen to her chest from the back - he gave up trying to listen from the front. It was funny to watch and listen to the negotiating that was going on between Dr, patient and parents.

Not quite as funny as trying to get the youngest daughter to do a urine sample into a small tube. After a few unsuccessful attampts a bowl had to be asked for, which caused great hilarity to our family when the youngest was presented with a bowl in front of a waiting room full of people. Fortunately she saw the funny side of it too. Thankfully she also managed to get the required samle into the bowl.

When my son was asked if he had any problems with his testicles he responded "what are those?". The Dr said I needed to give my son
some sex education lessons - point taken. But my eldest daughter was ever so helpful - "Your balls you clot". Kids, don't you just luv 'em

Rich
Old Jun 4th 2005, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by RAG62
Thought I would update on our "progress". Some may know that we stalled a little
(see thread
for details). But we have now completed our medicals and police checks have been sent to DIMIA. The meds have not been sent off yet as we are still awaiting our blood test results.

The Dr. for our meds was great. Treated the children well, especially our eldest daughter. She had witnessed three of us do our checks and then told the Dr that he was not going near her to listen to her chest or take bloods. The Dr put his head in his hands and said "I need some paracetamol. I don't need all this hassle". A real comedian. Eventually daughter consented to some blood being taken and let him listen to her chest from the back - he gave up trying to listen from the front. It was funny to watch and listen to the negotiating that was going on between Dr, patient and parents.

Not quite as funny as trying to get the youngest daughter to do a urine sample into a small tube. After a few unsuccessful attampts a bowl had to be asked for, which caused great hilarity to our family when the youngest was presented with a bowl in front of a waiting room full of people. Fortunately she saw the funny side of it too. Thankfully she also managed to get the required samle into the bowl.

When my son was asked if he had any problems with his testicles he responded "what are those?". The Dr said I needed to give my son
some sex education lessons - point taken. But my eldest daughter was ever so helpful - "Your balls you clot". Kids, don't you just luv 'em

Rich
LOL am just picturing the scene! Kids who'd have em!!!!!

Lynn
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Kids who'd have em!!!!!

Lynn
Not me
Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi Rich,

Your post has made me laff, can just imagine you all in the docs surgery!!

Tried to send you karma but it won't let me.

Lisa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:24 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RAG62
(see thread

Rich

Hi Rich. We had similar probs with Aimee (sample bottle) she finally did about 2mm in the bottom of the sample bottle and they said it was "enough".
Our doc was funny too..... made Aimee at ease and told her that she should do all the driving from now on as she has the best eyesight!!
Which doc did you see Rich could be the same one. We had Dr Talpur .

Glad that things are moving for you.... keep us updated
Take care
Ang
Old Jun 4th 2005, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news Trish about the nomination - not really sure how your visa type works but it sounds good anyway! Does that mean you shouldn't have long to wait for your visa now?
Will keep my fingers crossed for Jim next Thurs -

Lynn
hi lynn,

got meds 4th july, should get letter soon from DIMIA asking us to submit our meds and application etc and then its however quickly they process it.
hopefully if the meds go ok it shouldnt be long, aiming for 30th sept.
got told our 3 kids wont need to submit urine samples (9,8 and 4yrs) god, i wouldve needed marigolds by the time i got to the last one
hope all is well with you.
thanks for the good wishes for jim, hopefully he can nail it this time.

take care

Trish
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.