Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old May 4th 2005, 8:56 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Sounds like the medicals have gone alright in the end ... that's good Paul had my fingers crossed for you.

Number shouldn't be long Lynn did the same thing.
I haven't the foggiest what you mean Ann!!?
Old May 5th 2005, 6:34 am
ad4ozz

Paul said 'Doc is holding them till we get a case number and then get ours done'.....Lynn's Doctor did the same thing, didn't he???......does that clear things up.

If you are not carefull I won't go to Oz...ganging up on me...

Old May 5th 2005, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Paul said 'Doc is holding them till we get a case number and then get ours done'.....Lynn's Doctor did the same thing, didn't he???......does that clear things up.

If you are not carefull I won't go to Oz...ganging up on me...
And it all becomes clear ahhhhhhhhhh............
Old May 5th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Got my acknowledgement e mail today with my case file reference number. Now to book our meds.
Old May 6th 2005, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Got my acknowledgement e mail today with my case file reference number. Now to book our meds.
Great news Paul!!!!!! Its good to know they have it isn't it!!? Remember to use a courier for your meds so you can confirm online that meds have been signed for in Sydney. International signed for is absolutely bloody hopeless - you can't track out of the UK and dimia don't confirm reciept of meds usually.
Use DHL or something

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Remember to use a courier for your meds so you can confirm online that meds have been signed for in Sydney. International signed for is absolutely bloody hopeless - you can't track out of the UK and dimia don't confirm reciept of meds usually.
Use DHL or something

Lynn
Hi Lynn
I thought the Dr sent off the meds - they are asking for a £10 charge. Are you saying that I could ask him to give them to me and I will post them?
Rich
Old May 6th 2005, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi Lynn
I thought the Dr sent off the meds - they are asking for a £10 charge. Are you saying that I could ask him to give them to me and I will post them?
Rich
Hi

No they won't give them to you - if you want to use a courier you have to phone DHL and get DHL to go to the Dr's surgery to collect the meds for delivery yourself - otherwise the surgery usually just uses crappy Royal Mail.

It will cost you extra for a courier but at least you know meds are there and who signed for them in Sydney.

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi

No they won't give them to you - if you want to use a courier you have to phone DHL and get DHL to go to the Dr's surgery to collect the meds for delivery yourself - otherwise the surgery usually just uses crappy Royal Mail.

It will cost you extra for a courier but at least you know meds are there and who signed for them in Sydney.

Lynn
Don't forget Leslie had problems sending her meds via a courier, its in this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...37#post2261537
Old May 6th 2005, 11:43 am

Well just to let you all know - my flights are booked for Monday 31st October for our big move!!!!!!

We have booked with Singapore airlines Glasgow-Heathrow-Singapore - for a 4 night stopover in the 'Raffles the plaza' hotel then onwards to Brisbane to start our new lifes!!!!!!! (1085 pounds for flight 2 adults)

So excited now .....we wanted those extra couple of months to save some more wages to help with the big (expensive) move.

The shippers have been round (Crown) we are just awaiting their quote and then I will phone around other shippers to see if we can get the price down.

We have also made enquiries with Pet travel services in Dunfermline for our wee dog and have a quote for approx 1700 pounds not inc. quarantine costs!

We have our move out date for 24th June (7 weeks away) then we will be moving into my mums until we go to help us save more money.

Its gonna be a very busy 6 months..........

Lynn x
Old May 6th 2005, 6:30 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Well just to let you all know - my flights are booked for Monday 31st October for our big move!!!!!!

We have booked with Singapore airlines Glasgow-Heathrow-Singapore - for a 4 night stopover in the 'Raffles the plaza' hotel then onwards to Brisbane to start our new lifes!!!!!!! (1085 pounds for flight 2 adults)

So excited now .....we wanted those extra couple of months to save some more wages to help with the big (expensive) move.

The shippers have been round (Crown) we are just awaiting their quote and then I will phone around other shippers to see if we can get the price down.

We have also made enquiries with Pet travel services in Dunfermline for our wee dog and have a quote for approx 1700 pounds not inc. quarantine costs!

We have our move out date for 24th June (7 weeks away) then we will be moving into my mums until we go to help us save more money.

Its gonna be a very busy 6 months..........

Lynn x
Congratulations Lynn. Must be a great feeling to get it all sorted. Are you finding it hard to stay focused and motivated at work?
We have Doree Boner coming on Monday to do a shipping quote so it would be good to compare prices. I was also going to contact Allied Pickfords and Interdean Interconnex. Hadn't thought of Crown but they do have a good name I think.
What about jobs? Are you going to set anything up before you go or just wait until you get there?
Carolyn

Last edited by NAC; May 6th 2005 at 6:37 pm.
Old May 6th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

thats ace news lynn, dead jealous october will be here before you know it
Trish
xx
Old May 6th 2005, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by NAC
Congratulations Lynn. Must be a great feeling to get it all sorted. Are you finding it hard to stay focused and motivated at work?
We have Doree Boner coming on Monday to do a shipping quote so it would be good to compare prices. I was also going to contact Allied Pickfords and Interdean Interconnex. Hadn't thought of Crown but they do have a good name I think.
What about jobs? Are you going to set anything up before you go or just wait until you get there?
Carolyn
Once I get quote from Crown I will be phoning PSS and Allied Pickfords so will let you know what the quotes are - we only have a 2 bedroom house and they estimated 706 cubic feet required.

As I have been typing just had quote from Crown in for a 'shared groupage container' 2994 pounds plus 3% insurance on the total value of the goods. It also includes 6 weeks free storeage in the UK which will take us up to the date we want to send the stuff anyway!

Also got our passports back today!!!!!!! It took 4 days from posting them to get the Oz visa's put in them!!!!!! Very speedy service!!!!!!! Makes it all so real now,

Lynn
Old May 6th 2005, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by jimtrish
thats ace news lynn, dead jealous october will be here before you know it
Trish
xx
Thanks Trish - its all moving fast isn't it!!? We have been so lucky with our timelines - we even got the passports back today within 4 days of posting special delivery - it is just like a sticker they add on to a page in your passport with the visa details!

Lynn
Old May 9th 2005, 7:24 pm
ad4ozz

It's a very nice looking sticker though Lynn very colourfull.

Pickfords quoted us £3,600 for 20 foot that was taking 2 days to pack etc. and drop off within 30 miles of Brisbane.

Old May 11th 2005, 11:40 pm
ZZZzzzzz

Night Nurse is on a distinguished road

Hi Lynn,

I'm SO pleased to hear your news. Sorry I'm late (again) but I never seem to get 5 minutes to myself nowadays to 'surf'. At least I was right when I said you'd get it all done sooner than later

We used PSS and found them to be very good. We had a 40' container and they packed everything extremely well, especially china things that arrived without injury. Things to remember are the costs don't stop with PSS. Once your container arrives your bits are whisked off to customs for them to have a look. Naturally, there is a charge for this, in addition to any duty payable. If there's anything that needs spraying or destroying then AQIS will make a charge for that too. They are separate depts and send separate bills . My advice is don't bother getting anything sprayed in the UK with Virkron (or whatever it's called). We did and when Mr NN talked to AQIS they said they didn't really care (certificate or not). They wanted to know it had all been done to their standards so they would do it and charge us.....or throw the stuff out. So, pet boxes, riding gear etc just clean it all up and acccept you're going to pay AQIS to spray it, rather than paying twice.

Again, with the animals the cash still flows once they get out here. Our 2 cats cost AU$1500 for their 30 day quarantine plus charges for the paperwork generated by customs and AQIS.

But don't let me depress you. Eventually you stop paying out and the mists begin to clear. Mr NN is off again on another trip, but Saturday saw us all down on the beach with fishing rods and BBQ gear. He's got himself a 4WD 'Ute so we can drive down the sands to bits where no-one else exists. Sun, sand and...............sardines, what more could a girl ask for

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.