Wikiposts

So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Had a change of mind and went to the UPS office yesterday and sent off the visa application with PCC enclosed. Wont go until Monday, but at least it is out my hands now. Just waiting for a case number then we will get our medicals done.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:58 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulb
Had a change of mind and went to the UPS office yesterday and sent off the visa application with PCC enclosed. Wont go until Monday, but at least it is out my hands now. Just waiting for a case number then we will get our medicals done.
Good news Paul - I thought you were still waiting on PCC to come back? You should get a case number within the next week or so although looking at the Immigration forum recently people haven't been getting the acknowledgement e-mails as much as the start of 2005 - will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Lynn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Good news Paul - I thought you were still waiting on PCC to come back? You should get a case number within the next week or so although looking at the Immigration forum recently people haven't been getting the acknowledgement e-mails as much as the start of 2005 - will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Lynn
Thanx Lynn. The PCC came in the post yesterday lunchtime.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Changed my Avatar. It is my George Cross, made for the 1998 world cup. Either me or my friends have taken it to many major sporting events all over the world, test matches, European cup, world cup etc.
Thought it appropriate as I sent my visa application off on St Georges day.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Changed my Avatar. It is my George Cross, made for the 1998 world cup. Either me or my friends have taken it to many major sporting events all over the world, test matches, European cup, world cup etc.
Thought it appropriate as I sent my visa application off on St Georges day.
Not gonna say anything mate :scared:
Old Apr 24th 2005, 12:09 am

What are we gonna do to celebrate my 1000th post which is fast approaching!!? Thats since September 2004 I think -its a little sad really!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 24th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

What are we gonna do to celebrate my 1000th post which is fast approaching!!? Thats since September 2004 I think -its a little sad really!!!

Lynn
Perhaps you could change your avatar like Paul has!
I'm sure you'll have your visa by the time you make your 1000th post, so that would be celebrations anyway!!!!
Bye for now Lyn.
x
Old Apr 24th 2005, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scuba Trish!!!!!! Its ANZAC weekend so Monday will prob be a public hol in Oz so unlikely to hear anything on Monday anyway for sure.

Lynn xxx
hi lynn,

monday is defo bank holiday in oz, frustrating isnt it, im waiting to get clarification on my hours! nightmare :scared:
take care hun

Trish
xx
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi lynn,

monday is defo bank holiday in oz, frustrating isnt it, im waiting to get clarification on my hours! nightmare :scared:
take care hun

Trish
xx
Just bouncing this thread as an excuse to try out my timeline on my signature. Lets hope it works!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just recieved approval for the US so now immigration can move on which surprise surprise means more forms and more money
Old Apr 24th 2005, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

God thats crazy Jackie -you sent your meds requested on the 2nd of Feb didn't you? Are you sure DIMIA recieved the meds ok? So what date did DIMIA actually recieve your visa application? How long have you waited in total from the start of application being submitted?

God I could have a long wait then I am the same - feel really happy for someone when they get a visa but I become even more irational and upset/ worried.

There seems no trend to how visa's are granted - often non MODL are getting granted before MODL - whats the point in having a MODL list (apart from giving MODL extra points!)?

Will send you some karma - hope you hear something soon,

Lynn xxx

hi

thanks for the support and to you primrose and to the others that contact via email

sorry if I sounded like a miserable old cow, I am normally a very optomistic up beat sort of gal

thanks once again keep smiling

Jackie
Old Apr 25th 2005, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Just bouncing this thread as an excuse to try out my timeline on my signature. Lets hope it works!
what visa were you originally going for? why did they cancel it? youve prob told everyone about this but when you work perm nights you get a wee bit behind.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimtrish
what visa were you originally going for? why did they cancel it? youve prob told everyone about this but when you work perm nights you get a wee bit behind.
Hi,
It was originally a 457 sponsorship temporary (4 yrs) visa, but we decided that after being asked to book return flights and cough up $3000 for private healthcare before we left the UK, we would go for PR. That way we do not have to buy healthcare up front and we can claim child benefit as permanent residents also. It all helps.. in fact, when I worked it out it saves us about £2000!
And lets face it, once we get to Oz and see how wonderful it is, it'll save us going through all the applications again!!!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hi,
It was originally a 457 sponsorship temporary (4 yrs) visa, but we decided that after being asked to book return flights and cough up $3000 for private healthcare before we left the UK, we would go for PR. That way we do not have to buy healthcare up front and we can claim child benefit as permanent residents also. It all helps.. in fact, when I worked it out it saves us about £2000!
And lets face it, once we get to Oz and see how wonderful it is, it'll save us going through all the applications again!!!
we have just done the same, changed form 457 to pr, but cos we haveny enouigh points we are going STNI to adelaide small price to pay for pr.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Well my house sale is back on. Buyers have sold there house (again) and want to move in here late June. If they have anymore problems we are putting it back on the market as there has been loads of interest at the estate agents.
We are looking for temporary accommodation for maybe 3 months. Hope to have the visa and go by end of September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.