So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old May 13th 2005, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Rich

Rich have you requested your police checks yet. They only take a few weeks to come back.
Are you coming to the meet tomorrow??

Ang
Hi Ang
Yes and Yes. Cheshire Police only took a couple of weeks the last time I did a check ( I did a dummy run using me as the guinea pig, at the very start if the process to see what sort of thing I would get back and how long it would take).
Hope to be there tomorrow
Rich
Old May 13th 2005, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boomie
We enquired with Dr Talpar.....his fees were the reason we did not use him!

boomie
It can be worth shopping around, the problem is time - sometimes they cannot fit you in when required and so you get "fleeced".

Richard
Old May 13th 2005, 6:51 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

We enquired with Dr Talpar.....his fees were the reason we did not use him!

boomie
Just thought it was rather handy as he was so close
They are booked now. We have saved money in other places so not that bothered. I know he does a good job too cos he did Carolinegorka's meds

Ang
Old May 13th 2005, 6:53 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi Ang
Yes and Yes. Cheshire Police only took a couple of weeks the last time I did a check ( I did a dummy run using me as the guinea pig, at the very start if the process to see what sort of thing I would get back and how long it would take).
Hope to be there tomorrow
Rich
Rich the meet is today not tomorrow 5pm at the pub as normal
We will all be there, all the ones from the first meet (apart from Amit and Reshma) who are in Sydney
Old May 13th 2005, 7:17 pm
ad4ozz

We have had our house valued at £165,000 so goes on the market now with Halifax then it is wait and see time as to when we can move to Oz.

Old May 14th 2005, 1:20 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RAG62
It can be worth shopping around, the problem is time - sometimes they cannot fit you in when required and so you get "fleeced".

Richard
Originally we booked in at Hanford Health Centre.....just because it was at our doctors surgery and it was handy..... the week before we were due to go we backed out as we had shopped around....this is a breakdown of what we paid this time last year.....

We have a family of seven

2 adults and children aged ....16,14,12,6 and 8 (at the time)

Our Total...... comes to

£144 for x rays for Me andy Lauren Charlotte and Philippa

and Meds/bloods come to £410 (Bloods - Me Andy and Lauren)

so all inclusive total (including postage to addy) comes to £554

If we had ov used the local surgery at hanford it would ov cost us £760..... so we saved £206 overall. So deduct that from our £700 agent costs.... £500 for the agent to do all the work and paid all the postage to Au we felt was good value and less stress knowin that all necessary forms were submitted and everything was filled in correctly leaving us to concentrate on selling our house (the worst nitemare eva as we didn't want to pay for a validation trip for 7 ov us...5 at adult fares as that would kiss 10K away!) sortin out passports and planning for the future

Love Boomie
Old May 14th 2005, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough

Whats frontloading? sorry to be numb
Old May 14th 2005, 7:17 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wayne&mandy
Whats frontloading? sorry to be numb
Its when you enclose your police checks and medicals in with the application BEFORE they have been requested by DIMIA - you are not allowed to take the meds from the panel Dr anymore but you can still ask the Dr to send them to DIMIA in Sydney unrequested.

I enclosed my police checks with the 136 application and the Dr sent my meds unrequested once DIMIA had sent me a case file number to put on them (so they didn't get lost)

For me it did speed things up - at the point (around 12 weeks after DIMIA recieved the application) where DIMIA would request meds from you they just went straight on to the final decision and I got my visa granted after 12 weeks 1 day. The only thing is that your visa validation/ entry date is from when either the PCC or meds were done (whatever is the earliest) so you have a shorter time to enter the country whereas if you waited for dimia to request the meds you would have a year to validate.

Hope this helps,
Lynn
Old May 14th 2005, 7:25 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
IThe only thing is that your visa validation/ entry date is from when either the PCC or meds were done (whatever is the earliest) so you have a shorter time to enter the country whereas if you waited for dimia to request the meds you would have a year to validate.

Hope this helps,
Lynn
OMG Lynn our Pcc's were done in Feb 05 and meds will be done at the end of may unrequested.
Does this mean that when we get the visa we will have 6 months from Feb to validate. Thats August in my reckoning.....
Need to esll the house quick.
Is this true??

Thanks
Ang
Old May 14th 2005, 8:02 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

OMG Lynn our Pcc's were done in Feb 05 and meds will be done at the end of may unrequested.
Does this mean that when we get the visa we will have 6 months from Feb to validate. Thats August in my reckoning.....
Is this true??

Thanks
Ang

if ure police checks were done in feb 05.... you have till feb 06 to validate
Old May 14th 2005, 8:03 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

if ure police checks were done in feb 05.... you have till feb 06 to validate

Thats ok then we will be out there by then - when the house is sold....
Old May 14th 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Is this true??

Thanks
Ang
My understanding is you have 12 months to validate the visa, from the first check being done, not 6 onths.

Paul
Old May 14th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Too slow again!!
Old May 14th 2005, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
Too slow again!!
sorry paul..... i should go on who want to b a millionaire

boomie
x
Old May 14th 2005, 8:25 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this true??

Thanks
Ang
Yeah Ang I meant you have a year from earliest PCC or meds - I never said 6 months!!? Your entry date will be by Feb 2006. Mine is 16th Jan 2006 as thats when the PCC were done.

Sorry to confuse,
Lynn x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.