So what stage is everyone at now!?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:08 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

14 weeks on Monday till we fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it so quiet on here on weekends!?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I'm fed up at the moment, as the sister on my ward has had my references in her office drawer for 2 weeks and still hasn't done them (Cow!)

This is stopping me from getting on with my application for Nurses Board of Western Australia. I'm so frustrated right now
Thats a bummer, that happened to me too, in the end she told me to write it (shhhh) and she read it and signed it as she would never have got round to doing it, that was about 4 weeks later. It really is frustrating, is there anyone else that could do it for you, a junior sister?? Chin up!
Nicola
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:04 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

iv been waiting and waiting for my reference too. have now had it typed and hoping to get it signed tomorrow ready for posting the QNC registration!!! so far at the beginning!!!

amanda
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
14 weeks on Monday till we fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it so quiet on here on weekends!?

because when the weather is nice we all go scuba nursing...i mean diving
I seem to work most weekends, and work perm nights.
Hoping to be on the qld register by tuesday, just need that document then thats everything my CO requested....hope we get visa soon after
we want to fly out at the end of sept.
hope your'e ok lynn

Trish
xx
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:33 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rangersman
Thats a bummer, that happened to me too, in the end she told me to write it (shhhh) and she read it and signed it as she would never have got round to doing it, that was about 4 weeks later. It really is frustrating, is there anyone else that could do it for you, a junior sister?? Chin up!
Nicola
I actually did write it for her (shhh) more or less. I told her what needed to be in it for the work history bit.

Anyway, thanks rangersman...but not to worry now as she eventually gave it to me last Thursday (after a lot of nagging from various others too) thank god!

I am now ready to continue with my application....Yipee
Old Aug 15th 2005, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Smile Re: So what stage is everyone at now!?

Well done!
Nic
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:54 am

Well wheres everybody at now?

We fly 9 weeks on Monday and I only have another 7 working weeks left (1 weeks holiday)

Don't have a job yet, though have applied for a couple of community nursing posts recently - seems like I shouldn't have too many problems getting some casual community work when we arrive though as i've had good feedback from my CV and have been urged to phone when we arrive in Brisbane. Still determined not to go back into a 'ward' job again cause community nursing is what I love.

Marc no job yet either - his problem is that he's so laid back he's horizontal - need to become a 'nag' again and sort him out!

Poppy's flight is all booked too - she fly's same day as us on a BA flight and the will go into quarantine in Sydney.

Lynn xxx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hi!!

We fly to Melbourne on the 19th sept (24 days) :scared:

We still have not sold the house though!!

I start work on the 24th Oct in a nice new hospital,Epworth eastern, just hope it is OK and the people are nice!!

My hubby still needs to find a job, though he is working on it!!

Glad to hear things are moving for you all!!

Roni
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi lynn,

well after waiting to hear from my CO this week, i got fed up and rang them after my nightshift this morning, apparantly all documents are now in place and finalisation should be imminent! so weve decided if we get it in the next 2 wks, likelihood is we will fly out on 31st oct too! good deals for that day on cathay, but we would fly at about 10pm. are you doing a stopover lynn?
take care

Trish
xx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi lynn,

well after waiting to hear from my CO this week, i got fed up and rang them after my nightshift this morning, apparantly all documents are now in place and finalisation should be imminent! so weve decided if we get it in the next 2 wks, likelihood is we will fly out on 31st oct too! good deals for that day on cathay, but we would fly at about 10pm. are you doing a stopover lynn?
take care

Trish
xx
Trish thats great news!!!!! And 31st October too! We fly on 11am Singapore airlines flight - stopping over in Singapore for 4 nights - if you decide to stop in Singapore too then we should arrange to meet for a meal or drinks!!!

Can't wait for your 'got it'!

Lynn xxx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Well our visa application was received 29th April at ASPC, thats 17 weeks today or 4 months on bank holiday Monday.
Really hope we hear something soon, want to be in Oz before Lynn
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

lets hope paul and I get our visa's soon, paul first me thinks
lynn, we would be stopping off in hongkong as thats where cathay stopover.
would be nice to meet up one day in the future though, but whatever, we must all keep in touch.

Trish
xx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Well wheres everybody at now?

We fly 9 weeks on Monday and I only have another 7 working weeks left (1 weeks holiday)

Don't have a job yet, though have applied for a couple of community nursing posts recently - seems like I shouldn't have too many problems getting some casual community work when we arrive though as i've had good feedback from my CV and have been urged to phone when we arrive in Brisbane. Still determined not to go back into a 'ward' job again cause community nursing is what I love.

Marc no job yet either - his problem is that he's so laid back he's horizontal - need to become a 'nag' again and sort him out!

Poppy's flight is all booked too - she fly's same day as us on a BA flight and the will go into quarantine in Sydney.

Lynn xxx
Hi lynn and others
we fly 8 weeks mon 24 oct,party 22 oct,finish work wed 19 oct(want as much a good wage as poss!!)
PSS come on fri 23 sept and exchange mon 26 sept,looking for accomodation this weekend for oz so we can give address to PSS
get to oz 5 nov after 10 days in florida and start job 5 dec.
debs
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hi lynn and others
we fly 8 weeks mon 24 oct,party 22 oct,finish work wed 19 oct(want as much a good wage as poss!!)
PSS come on fri 23 sept and exchange mon 26 sept,looking for accomodation this weekend for oz so we can give address to PSS
get to oz 5 nov after 10 days in florida and start job 5 dec.
debs

Hi Debs - good to hear from you! We fly exactly 1 week after you (Mon 31st Oct), I finish up work on Fri 21st Oct and leaving party planned for Sat 22nd Oct - same day as your party!

Our container is already at sea - expected to arrive in Brisbane 7th October! We are going to pay for months storage in Brisbane so that our stuff is definately ready when we are - just a matter of phoning to book delivery appointment when we have found our rental house in Brisbane - is it Brisbane you are off to Debs?

Lynn x
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
Well our visa application was received 29th April at ASPC, thats 17 weeks today or 4 months on bank holiday Monday.
Really hope we hear something soon, want to be in Oz before Lynn
I'm sure you will be there 1st Paul - we are all set to go now but want a few extra months wages so that we have plenty of $$$!

Its not a competition you know Paul!!?

I'm not rushing things - I want to do this move properly - want it all well planned out so that we settle in smoothly - would be a disaster if we run out of money and had to come home!

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.