Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:07 pm
  #301  
we're there!
 
AshyB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 364
AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Fly Away View Post
STILL HAVEN'T EXCHANGED!! However heard yesterday that the buyer now has a written mortgage offer. I am just waiting for the next, 'just got to wait for...' from him though. I think he will string it out as long as he can.


Great news - it's a good feeling isn't it???
hopefully that's the last "just have to wait"...it must be crap knowing there's pretty much nothing you can do except wait...

It felt great...and then receiving a text from a friend to say the $ has hit $2.51 and then $2.71 was just as
AshyB is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
  #302  
BE Forum Addict
 
tiger222's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,594
tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by AshyB View Post
Morning all!

Ain't it a glorious day today?

FlyAway - any news on the house sale? (I'm still expecting your sale money to fund my house buying )

Tiger - what's the latest with your meds/app? all done and dusted?
Sure is a glorious day! We're enjoying sunny skies and warm weather (Australia weather we like to say).

As for my MEDS, I think you know that mine and the kids meds were done after 21 days.....BUT


Mary - Stop nagging your OH and have a drink (if you haven't already got one in your hand whilst reading this!) and chill out, everything'll work out

we went down to Aus House yesterday and got our visa stickers put in...
pretty painless process, took all of 20 minutes!
It's been 15 days for DH's MEDS and we're STILL WAITING>>>>>

CONGRATULATIONS on getting the VISAS in the Passports!!!
tiger222 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:09 pm
  #303  
BE Forum Addict
 
tiger222's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,594
tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by AshyB View Post
hopefully that's the last "just have to wait"...it must be crap knowing there's pretty much nothing you can do except wait...

It felt great...and then receiving a text from a friend to say the $ has hit $2.51 and then $2.71 was just as
Yeah! The exchange rate for the US dollar/AU dollar has been great too....I locked in on Monday - should have waited for WED! But I feel good with where we're at on the exchange!
tiger222 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:46 pm
  #304  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by AshyB View Post
Morning all!

Ain't it a glorious day today?

FlyAway - any news on the house sale? (I'm still expecting your sale money to fund my house buying )

Tiger - what's the latest with your meds/app? all done and dusted?

Mary - Stop nagging your OH and have a drink (if you haven't already got one in your hand whilst reading this!) and chill out, everything'll work out

we went down to Aus House yesterday and got our visa stickers put in...
pretty painless process, took all of 20 minutes!

And to think that only a few weeks ago you were a grumpy so and so
mary1967 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:29 am
  #305  
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)
 
Baby75's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: sunshine coast, now back home in Ireland :)
Posts: 1,861
Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

quick visit still no internet very sad girl here

well our so called friends have come home and want to charge us 5000 we moved out of thier house in in to the rental last week and even though we only moved in they want us to pay rent for september on the house as the tenants moved out early they are blameing us on that we are in a horrible situitation now and are heading on from here getting out of the house as soon as we can thats if they dont kick us out later lol but to be honest I dont care ive had enough of them they have ruined this for us

any way im just rantig on here still in shock as they want us to pay for all sorts I wouldnt treat friends that way you live and learn

I ll be back later to update sorry for the moan bit worried we will need lega advice with the rent for september now

hope every one else is doing well sorry for the spellig mistakes
Baby75 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:23 am
  #306  
BE Forum Addict
 
tiger222's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,594
tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
quick visit still no internet very sad girl here

well our so called friends have come home and want to charge us 5000 we moved out of thier house in in to the rental last week and even though we only moved in they want us to pay rent for september on the house as the tenants moved out early they are blameing us on that we are in a horrible situitation now and are heading on from here getting out of the house as soon as we can thats if they dont kick us out later lol but to be honest I dont care ive had enough of them they have ruined this for us

any way im just rantig on here still in shock as they want us to pay for all sorts I wouldnt treat friends that way you live and learn

I ll be back later to update sorry for the moan bit worried we will need lega advice with the rent for september now

hope every one else is doing well sorry for the spellig mistakes
Baby -

I can't believe it! Another tangle! I'm sorry to hear that it's come to this with friends....

Glad you could turn to "us" to moan.
tiger222 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:37 am
  #307  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
quick visit still no internet very sad girl here

well our so called friends have come home and want to charge us 5000 we moved out of thier house in in to the rental last week and even though we only moved in they want us to pay rent for september on the house as the tenants moved out early they are blameing us on that we are in a horrible situitation now and are heading on from here getting out of the house as soon as we can thats if they dont kick us out later lol but to be honest I dont care ive had enough of them they have ruined this for us

any way im just rantig on here still in shock as they want us to pay for all sorts I wouldnt treat friends that way you live and learn

I ll be back later to update sorry for the moan bit worried we will need lega advice with the rent for september now

hope every one else is doing well sorry for the spellig mistakes



I seriously can't believe your OH's best friend could treat you like this:curse:

Don't part with any money until you've had legal advise!

Points to remember though, they can only charge you rent from the date you signed the tenancy agreement - if you only moved in during October, then they can only charge you from then. If they got rid of their previous tenant too early, then that's their fault, not yours................i'm not sure whether you want to remain friends with these people, but if not, i'd tell them straight and start looking for something else. By the sound of it a reference will be out of the question, so you may need to enquire about renting somewhere without a reference or try and get someone back home to email you a reference that you could use.

Another thing, have they got squatters rights in Oz???????
mary1967 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:44 am
  #308  
we're there!
 
AshyB's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 364
AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by tiger222 View Post
It's been 15 days for DH's MEDS and we're STILL WAITING>>>>>

CONGRATULATIONS on getting the VISAS in the Passports!!!
Originally Posted by tiger222 View Post
Yeah! The exchange rate for the US dollar/AU dollar has been great too....I locked in on Monday - should have waited for WED! But I feel good with where we're at on the exchange!
Cheers Tiger...
Today's rate is even better - but it's best you don't think about that

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
And to think that only a few weeks ago you were a grumpy so and so
Don't worry - i'll go back to being grumpy when i call the shipping company!

Originally Posted by Baby75 View Post
quick visit still no internet very sad girl here

well our so called friends have come home and want to charge us 5000 we moved out of thier house in in to the rental last week and even though we only moved in they want us to pay rent for september on the house as the tenants moved out early they are blameing us on that we are in a horrible situitation now and are heading on from here getting out of the house as soon as we can thats if they dont kick us out later lol but to be honest I dont care ive had enough of them they have ruined this for us

any way im just rantig on here still in shock as they want us to pay for all sorts I wouldnt treat friends that way you live and learn

I ll be back later to update sorry for the moan bit worried we will need lega advice with the rent for september now

hope every one else is doing well sorry for the spellig mistakes
Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
I seriously can't believe your OH's best friend could treat you like this:curse:

Don't part with any money until you've had legal advise!

Points to remember though, they can only charge you rent from the date you signed the tenancy agreement - if you only moved in during October, then they can only charge you from then. If they got rid of their previous tenant too early, then that's their fault, not yours................i'm not sure whether you want to remain friends with these people, but if not, i'd tell them straight and start looking for something else. By the sound of it a reference will be out of the question, so you may need to enquire about renting somewhere without a reference or try and get someone back home to email you a reference that you could use.

Another thing, have they got squatters rights in Oz???????
yeah what she said!
(can't believe what some people will do to their "friends" )
AshyB is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:57 am
  #309  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Fly Away's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Happily in Adelaide
Posts: 11,994
Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Niamh my love, what a nightmare. Here I was thinking that things would start to get better now!

Get out of there hun - and don't give your 'friends' your new address. As the others have said, these 'friends' are unbelievable. They can't charge rent from before you signed the contract.

You can always come on here and moan. We will always be here hun.(((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
Fly Away is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:06 am
  #310  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Fly Away View Post
Niamh my love, what a nightmare. Here I was thinking that things would start to get better now!

Get out of there hun - and don't give your 'friends' your new address. As the others have said, these 'friends' are unbelievable. They can't charge rent from before you signed the contract.

You can always come on here and moan. We will always be here hun.(((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))


It's got to start getting better for her soon - her 'friends' have shown their true colours and probably made it much easier for Niamh to move on.
mary1967 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:37 am
  #311  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Fly Away's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Happily in Adelaide
Posts: 11,994
Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by mary1967 View Post
It's got to start getting better for her soon - her 'friends' have shown their true colours and probably made it much easier for Niamh to move on.
I suspect Niamh had the measure of them a long time ago but as her OH's best friend he was reluctant to see them in a bad light. Difficult situation.
Fly Away is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:15 am
  #312  
Jelly-Belly, tbh
 
FluffieFaerie's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: N.Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 630
FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Ooh I only just found this thread and it's 311 pages long already. That's shocking, just goes to show how often I visit the Immigration forum these days.

Well, it's nice to catch up with you all anyway! Sorry some of you are having problems with houses etc.

We are one of the original Sept 07 applicants who sold our place before getting our visa. We saw the way things were about to turn in December 07 so we got our house on the market quickly and took the first offer we had, only £5k under asking. Offer to completion, only 2 weeks! Eeek! Landed ourselves in a rental until late June this year before flying out early July.

Been here 3 months now, loving every minute of it. Stew found a good job at Brisbane Airport within a week of arriving and we set ourselves up in a complex just outside of Manly. We're now looking at moving north to the North Lakes area as we can't afford to stay in this area long-term and we want to settle in an area that we plan to stay for a number of years now.

Got another little bundle of fun on the way in April and are looking forward to our first Christmas here in Oz.
FluffieFaerie is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:43 am
  #313  
BE Forum Addict
 
Sammy T's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Tasmania!
Posts: 2,414
Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie View Post
Ooh I only just found this thread and it's 311 pages long already. That's shocking, just goes to show how often I visit the Immigration forum these days.

Well, it's nice to catch up with you all anyway! Sorry some of you are having problems with houses etc.

We are one of the original Sept 07 applicants who sold our place before getting our visa. We saw the way things were about to turn in December 07 so we got our house on the market quickly and took the first offer we had, only £5k under asking. Offer to completion, only 2 weeks! Eeek! Landed ourselves in a rental until late June this year before flying out early July.

Been here 3 months now, loving every minute of it. Stew found a good job at Brisbane Airport within a week of arriving and we set ourselves up in a complex just outside of Manly. We're now looking at moving north to the North Lakes area as we can't afford to stay in this area long-term and we want to settle in an area that we plan to stay for a number of years now.

Got another little bundle of fun on the way in April and are looking forward to our first Christmas here in Oz.

Hi Emma

Congratulations on the bub

Glad to hear its going well for you, sounds like you're settling in well.

We've been here nearly 4 months and its certainly flown by! Got a lovely rental, great views, kids have settled in well at school, hubby got a job offer within first few weeks. I just need to get a part time job and a few friends and we'll be sorted!!

Take care,

Sam
Sammy T is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:13 am
  #314  
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)
 
Baby75's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: sunshine coast, now back home in Ireland :)
Posts: 1,861
Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hello every one thanks for the support

its been a hard few days really thought things would get better for us or at the very least easier.

Our friends rang my Dh the next day and appoligised for some of the things he said but we are planning on moving on as quick as we can from what they are saying they want to charge us more than the last tennants and the house needs a lot of work they want us to do we have to get a pool guy and buy the stuff for the pool there was mold all over the ceilings which we had to sort out as its not healthy for you the last tenant was sick from it i really think they think we are stupid and because we dont know the way things work they can take advantage of us. hell no we arein limbo land at the minute waiting onthemto make there next move Im so fed up now

we wont be telling them were we will be when we go LOL I dont care if i ever see them again. we areplanning on heading to Brisbane money is better if we stay were we are we will only have 30 to our name after bills are paid

with feeling so home sick its making it very easy for meto go home and we have decided we are but not till next may or June I had made that decision before our friends dropped that bombshell Ifeelso much better for that as well

I hope i have internet this week costing afortune on these machines LOL
Baby75 is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:26 am
  #315  
Loving the Sunshine
 
funshine's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 155
funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Hi Everyone...

Just wanted to find out what broadband service anyone can recommend. We are trying to set up a connection for when we arrive in Brisbane and Telstra/Bigpond have quoted us $30 per month for 200 MG limit or $60 with a 14GB limit – the connection fee is $189 – this is for ADSL.
Is this what we can expect to pay? Any other suggestions? This also ties us into a 12 month contract so we want to make sure we are making the right decision. Any advice appreciated

We had a lovely time yesterday with family - sadly saying goodbye – it has been a very emotional and almost draining few weeks – its a lot to take in I must say. The packers arrive tomorrow morning – so today is the final – pack or throw away day! We have incredibly friendly and supportive neighbours and it is so sad to say goodbye to everyone – we are staying next door from tomorrow night until we leave on Saturday night. I am looking forward to getting to a life of normality.

We were supposed to exchane on our house sale on Friday - but it did not happen - so fingers crossed today please that it happens for us today!!

We sold our car and we are now in a rental - could not live without a car!!!

Our PCs are packed in boxes and DH and I are sharing the laptop...

Hope you are all well...
funshine is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.