Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by tiger222
Ours were sent 3 Sept via courier. Arrived 10 Sept. Finalized 1 Oct.

DHs were sent 10 Sept via courier. Arrived 24 Sept. WAITING

If yourw were sent 19 Sept - could be 7 days for arrival - so arrive 27 Sept? If it takes 21 days....You have some waiting to do...

Sorry!
I was bracing myself for a 2/3 week wait. Our doctor said MEDs should arrive about 3 days after being sent which would take us to the same day your hubby's was received, ours werent sent by courier (wasnt given the option! )
so will be interesting to see if our meds and your husbands are done around the same day.

Its just the uncertainty of it all, we've waited 6 months from applying so a few weeks shouldnt make that much of a difference but it really really does.

We're getting married on the 17th Oct and we really want the visa by then so we can tell all our family. I'm not holding my breath though....
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Whos flying when and where?
hope your all good ?
karen x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I was bracing myself for a 2/3 week wait. Our doctor said MEDs should arrive about 3 days after being sent which would take us to the same day your hubby's was received, ours werent sent by courier (wasnt given the option! )
so will be interesting to see if our meds and your husbands are done around the same day.

Its just the uncertainty of it all, we've waited 6 months from applying so a few weeks shouldnt make that much of a difference but it really really does.

We're getting married on the 17th Oct and we really want the visa by then so we can tell all our family. I'm not holding my breath though....
But you have a CO! Why not write the CO and let them know the MEDS arrived 24 September....maybe they'll chase it up for you as a wedding pressy!! Tell them of your plans. It might help!

We are at 6 months TODAY since we applied online for our VISA.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

But you have a CO! Why not write the CO and let them know the application arrived 24 September....maybe they'll chase it up for you as a wedding pressy!! Tell them of your plans. It might help!

We are at 6 months TODAY since we applied online for our VISA.
I don't know who our CO is, We've gone through an agent, would I be able to use the contact dept link on the status page do you think?

I'm not sure if I'm going to tell them about me getting married because the visa will be in my maiden name and I didn't want the hassle of changing the visa and my passport! Going to wait till I get to Oz before I do that!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I don't know who our CO is, We've gone through an agent, would I be able to use the contact dept link on the status page do you think?

I'm not sure if I'm going to tell them about me getting married because the visa will be in my maiden name and I didn't want the hassle of changing the visa and my passport! Going to wait till I get to Oz before I do that!
Not everyone who gets married has a name change! It might not raise any questions at all.

I would ask your agent to notify your CO that the MEDS are there and would they be kind enough to chase it up as you are getting married, etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:36 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshyB
Thanks for that Mary! just the image i needed during breakfast!

I aim to please

I think we should have a little countdown going for the people who've booked their flights
no comment otherwise Fly Away will probably kill me

Originally Posted by Basty
What a bummer Mary, bet you weren't happy So is this Lepto something she catches from the envirnment???? Fingers crossed for next wednesday

It's passed through Rats wee, so the virus can be picked up from anywhere rats go:curse: I feel better today, as long as she's less than 1:800 she'll be ok to fly.

I think we should have a little countdown going for the people who've booked their flights
Well if we are doing that then i've got 29 days to go

20 days for us!

Bit of a bummer though had a call yesterday from Letting agent who enquired id they could show someone around today I thought we had a tenant from last week and we were waiting for credit checks oh no they never came back Anyway panic over for a couple of days, the people who wanted to come today actually came yesterday and want it BUT they have to go and pay their holding fee on Fri/Sat so fingers crossed they turn up, and it just so happens to be a family in the next road over and their little boy goes to preschool with my daugther

keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hope everyone else is having a good week
Enjoy yourself in Sydney Nige
[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
In singapore airport right now. Wow, its simply gorgeous. There was a 3 and half hour delay on my flight to here but I'm surprisingly wide awake. Going to have another look around. Speak to you all sometime tomorrow.

Mary, your dog clearly doesnt want to go and is faking the lepto. He's allowed a few wobbles as much as you I suppose.
PMSL.............a family of wobblers Yeah, Nige, did you or didn't you??????

Nearly there now Nige, don't forget to update us when you finally get there.

Lepto? Doesn't sound good - and so close to being considered "negative"! Good luck for Wednesday.
Thanks Tiger - she's not got the disease, she's just got antibodies in her system from the vacination against the disease she received last November.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone who gets married has a name change! It might not raise any questions at all.

I would ask your agent to notify your CO that the MEDS are there and would they be kind enough to chase it up as you are getting married, etc.
That's true - we've been married 18 years and I haven't changed my name.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
no comment otherwise Fly Away will probably kill me

LOL, I won't hun because you'll be in Aus.....

20 days for us!

20 days, good god, didn't realise it was so soon!!!!!!!!

PMSL.............a family of wobblers Yeah, Nige, did you or didn't you??????

Bet he did!!

Nearly there now Nige, don't forget to update us when you finally get there.

Thanks Tiger - she's not got the disease, she's just got antibodies in her system from the vacination against the disease she received last November.
Fingers crossed the count is 998.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fingers crossed the count is 998.

It needs to be less than 1:800 I've been reading about other people who've also had positive results this week for lepto - makes me wonder whether the lab is the problem

Oh yeah..................WE EXCHANGED TODAY!!!!!! (feel really guilty saying that Nic, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed you exchange soon)
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

It needs to be less than 1:800 I've been reading about other people who've also had positive results this week for lepto - makes me wonder whether the lab is the problem

Oh yeah..................WE EXCHANGED TODAY!!!!!! (feel really guilty saying that Nic, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed you exchange soon)
WOO HOO!!!! Getting the EXCHANGE done is a Bigger deal then the VISA - or so I've observed!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Congratulations Mary!!

Don't feel guilty hun - you went through hell getting a buyer too. I rang ours today and left a message saying we wanted to exchange now as they already have a mortgage offer. So keep your fingers crossed they do.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:52 am

WOO HOO!!!! Getting the EXCHANGE done is a Bigger deal then the VISA - or so I've observed!!!
It is indeed!

Congratulations Mary!!

Don't feel guilty hun - you went through hell getting a buyer too. I rang ours today and left a message saying we wanted to exchange now as they already have a mortgage offer. So keep your fingers crossed they do.

Got everything crossed for you Nic, and i'm sure Niamh is still on her knee's
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations Mary!!

Fingers crossed!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I emailed them through the contact us bit on the status page and have said as I'm in the process of selling my house do you know when my meds will be finalised and subsequently my visa will be granted as I don't want to sell my house without confirmation of the visa.... Left the marriage part out, Will let you know how I get on!

That's true - we've been married 18 years and I haven't changed my name.
God, I sudddenly feel very un feminist!

Congratulations! As has been said before that is just as major as the visa! Best of luck on your adventure without any ties back here now!

Have my fingers crossed I get the visa before the wedding - it truly would be the best gift of all.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been trying to post all morning....

Thanks for the good lucks for the exchange - no news yet... just phoned the buyer again and left another message...

Also booked a forward fix of 2.28 for our savings!! Wwooooo hhhooo!! Can't book any more as we haven't exchanged. (Banging head against a wall smiley!)

Good luck with the exchange and the visa Louise - we were in the same boat until 2 weeks ago and now have our visa, so I know how it feels.

BTW if you keep your maiden name it really annoys the inlaws too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.