Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by tiger222
I hope things are coming together for you FLY!!!

Ditto!

Sam
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Morning its sunny today

Mary hope all goes well at the vets today - fingers toes and everything else crossed for you hun
Completion 17th and you fly on the 22nd - have you still got the cottage booked??? Prob don't need it now do you??
Feels really weird without a car, have to work to the shops today to get milk and pots for tea tonight:curse: think I will do my online tesco shop today
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:08 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
The chances are very slim that they'd not complete - plus you'd get their deposit as compensation. So you could forward fix for the value of the deposit?????

He won't budge, especially seeing we exchanged with a nil deposit (the MOD deposit wasn't through in time for the exchange).

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

2.28? That sounds marvellous to me, we brought all of ours over in July as we were badly advised by H**x that the rate would drop below 2, we changed at 2.05:curse: This has really depressed us and made a huge dent on what we can now afford here, but can't turn back the clock now. We thought we were going to buy straight away (can't afford to now!)so wanted the money here and obviously needed some to start up anyway, in hindsight we would have kept the bulk in the UK until we needed it!

With the Oz dollar losing against the US dollar yesterday I can't see the rate staying up for long but then we got it seriously wrong, so who knows?

Any news on the exchange yet, Fly?

Sam
Don't look at the exchange rate EVER AGAIN!!!! The only reason i keep looking is because we've got the equity to change when we complete, but once it's done, i won't look again.

Haven't the house prices dropped over there?

Originally Posted by Basty
Morning its sunny today

Mary hope all goes well at the vets today - fingers toes and everything else crossed for you hun
Completion 17th and you fly on the 22nd - have you still got the cottage booked??? Prob don't need it now do you??
Feels really weird without a car, have to work to the shops today to get milk and pots for tea tonight:curse: think I will do my online tesco shop today

Just got back from the vets - very stressful - i started to cry when the receptionist asked me if i was ok God help me if we get another positive result!

Providing completion goes ahead on the 17th, we'll be using the cottage for 4 nights - at least it'll give us some time to relax (or that's the plan!)
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

2.28? That sounds marvellous to me, we brought all of ours over in July as we were badly advised by H**x that the rate would drop below 2, we changed at 2.05:curse: This has really depressed us and made a huge dent on what we can now afford here, but can't turn back the clock now. We thought we were going to buy straight away (can't afford to now!)so wanted the money here and obviously needed some to start up anyway, in hindsight we would have kept the bulk in the UK until we needed it!

With the Oz dollar losing against the US dollar yesterday I can't see the rate staying up for long but then we got it seriously wrong, so who knows?

Any news on the exchange yet, Fly?

Sam
Thanks Sam, when you put it like that, I feel like a real whinger.

No real news on exchange. I might ring our solicitor today and get them to ask the other solicitor for news. although I'm sure we would hear if there was...

Morning:its sunny today

Feels really weird without a car, have to work to the shops today to get milk and pots for tea tonight:curse: think I will do my online tesco shop today:
Hope you manage Ok without the car. EEEEK!!!!!! I can't walk to the shops from our house, there is no bus... I'd be stranded!!

Originally Posted by mary1967
He won't budge, especially seeing we exchanged with a nil deposit (the MOD deposit wasn't through in time for the exchange).

I see - I think he is wise - but you might be lucky and the rate will still be high. I blinkin hope it still is when we exchange...

Don't look at the exchange rate EVER AGAIN!!!! The only reason i keep looking is because we've got the equity to change when we complete, but once it's done, i won't look again.

Just got back from the vets - very stressful - i started to cry when the receptionist asked me if i was ok God help me if we get another positive result!

Providing completion goes ahead on the 17th, we'll be using the cottage for 4 nights - at least it'll give us some time to relax (or that's the plan!)
Big hugs Mary (((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))) Everything crossed for the right result.

Hope you do get some rest, I could do with some now and we're not even there yet... you must be shattered.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mary1967;6855421]

Yep, good advice not to look at the rate, except they keep talking about it on the news!!
House prices are holding their own here, in Tas anyway, and with the 1% rate cut by the bank yesterday, with another promised for next month, the prices don't seem to be dropping much
Fingers crossed for the 17th for you

Thanks Sam, when you put it like that, I feel like a real whinger.

No real news on exchange. I might ring our solicitor today and get them to ask the other solicitor for news. although I'm sure we would hear if there was...

You've had a shed load of problems so feel free to moan! but at least you got lucky with the exchange rate

Hope you get some news soon

Sam
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

You've had a shed load of problems so feel free to moan! but at least you got lucky with the exchange rate

Hope you get some news soon

Sam
Thanks Sam. We are lucky in the general scheme of things so I will try to keep some perspective. We have lost a lot of money in the last year - but we won't stave - we still have equity for starters which a lot of people don't. If we do exchange I don't know if we will transfer all the equity or not. There is no banking guarantee over there and I don't want to buy a house straight away... but the exchange rate might go down again... who knows...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:30 am

I talked him into it We got 2.63 by putting a 10% deposit down, the rest is due on completion................OMG..................... ..i won't sleep until the 17th now
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:49 am

Tip of the day - apply for a state pension forecast - turns out my OH has already paid enough NI contributions so he'll be entitled to a full state pension when he retires, i've got about 2 years worth of voluntary contributions to pay and then i'll get a full pension as well (class 3 contributions are 8.10 p.w. if you've not got a job in Oz or class 2 contributions of £2.30 if you have got a job to go to in Oz).
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I talked him into it We got 2.63 by putting a 10% deposit down, the rest is due on completion................OMG..................... ..i won't sleep until the 17th now
Mary -

It's still going down....but I think 2.63 is GREAT!!! It's not too bad not being able to sleep, since you'll be up for the next week +, you can do the sorting and start the packing!!!

Everything crossed for NEGATIVE RESULTS for the DOG!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well done Mary!!!

I am so torn - want to book a good rate but we haven't exchanged... have another £15k we could commit... might get better tomorrow though... I jumped too soon before. Just rung the solicitor who says they haven't heard anything but she'll ring them again this afternoon.

argghhhh bloomin buyer messing us around...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Excellant news Mary - just need the dog to come good, when do you find out the results??
Well done Mary!!!

I am so torn - want to book a good rate but we haven't exchanged... have another £15k we could commit... might get better tomorrow though... I jumped too soon before. Just rung the solicitor who says they haven't heard anything but she'll ring them again this afternoon.

argghhhh bloomin buyer messing us around...
Blinking Henry - feel really sorry for you, i would be pulling my hair out
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:40 pm

Excellant news Mary - just need the dog to come good, when do you find out the results??

Not sure Fiona, hopefully by next Wednesday (keep your fingers crossed!)

It's a horrible situation to be in - Nic's buyer needs a good kick up the ar*e for the stress he's putting them through.

Who'd have thought the rate would go so high today? Hopefully by the time you both come to transfer your equity over it'll go even higher and you'll be glad that you didn't panic and exchange when it was less than 2.20 (we got quite a bit when it hit 2.17:curse

We've now got the stress of waiting for the 17th to find out if completion has gone through, what a week that's gonna be - first the dogs results and then waiting for news of completion

Last edited by mary1967; Oct 8th 2008 at 6:43 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks hun - I am!!

It's a horrible situation to be in - Nic's buyer needs a good kick up the ar*e for the stress he's putting them through.

I wish I could!!!

Who'd have thought the rate would go so high today? Hopefully by the time you both come to transfer your equity over it'll go even higher and you'll be glad that you didn't panic and exchange when it was less than 2.20 (we got quite a bit when it hit 2.17:curse

I hope it does, i will be gutted if it goes down before we exchange. We took his offer because it was higher but we had another lower offer and they were desperate to complete by August. If we'd taken that we could have had the money waiting to exchange.:curse:

We've now got the stress of waiting for the 17th to find out if completion has gone through, what a week that's gonna be - first the dogs results and then waiting for news of completion
Fingers crossed for completion and the dog's results!!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:17 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Morning all!

Ain't it a glorious day today?

FlyAway - any news on the house sale? (I'm still expecting your sale money to fund my house buying )

Tiger - what's the latest with your meds/app? all done and dusted?

Mary - Stop nagging your OH and have a drink (if you haven't already got one in your hand whilst reading this!) and chill out, everything'll work out

we went down to Aus House yesterday and got our visa stickers put in...
pretty painless process, took all of 20 minutes!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AshyB
Morning all!

Ain't it a glorious day today?

FlyAway - any news on the house sale? (I'm still expecting your sale money to fund my house buying )

STILL HAVEN'T EXCHANGED!! However heard yesterday that the buyer now has a written mortgage offer. I am just waiting for the next, 'just got to wait for...' from him though. I think he will string it out as long as he can.
Tiger - what's the latest with your meds/app? all done and dusted?

Mary - Stop nagging your OH and have a drink (if you haven't already got one in your hand whilst reading this!) and chill out, everything'll work out

PMSL

we went down to Aus House yesterday and got our visa stickers put in...
pretty painless process, took all of 20 minutes!
Great news - it's a good feeling isn't it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.