Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Oh yeah..................WE EXCHANGED TODAY!!!!!! (feel really guilty saying that Nic, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed you exchange soon)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations Mary, thank god for that
Originally Posted by Fly Away
Congratulations Mary!!

Don't feel guilty hun - you went through hell getting a buyer too. I rang ours today and left a message saying we wanted to exchange now as they already have a mortgage offer. So keep your fingers crossed they do.
Fingers crossed that you exchange in the next couple of days

Who have you prebooked 2.28 with Hifx???
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Basty

Congratulations Mary, thank god for that

Fingers crossed that you exchange in the next couple of days

Who have you prebooked 2.28 with Hifx???
Thanks hun

The buyer called this afternoon to say they had had pre-approval for the new mortgage and were expecting the written offer next week. So keep your fingers crossed for me!

We used Halo Financial for the forward contract as they gave us a better rate than Ozforex.

A bit scared now in case the rate gets much better. Still we haven't forward fixed the house proceeds as we haven't exchanged, so we won't lose / gain too much either way.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived safe and sound yesterday. 35 degrees... yeouch. Its a really lovely city though with really fit women.

Had a bit of a crazy day yesterday. Along with locking myself out of the apartment, I got lost in the city on foot AND in the car with the aid of the hitech GPS (very flaky device).

No internet in the apartment even though it was advertised. But, there is this internet cafe just down the street so not so bad. I think I'm fully synced with Ozzy time now.

Oh yeah, Australian drivers are lunatics.

Hope all is well with everyone else. Nicola, best of luck with the exchange. Mary, well done with yours. Tiger, hard luck on the meds. Thats worse than waiting for an IELTS results letter.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Arrived safe and sound yesterday. 35 degrees... yeouch. Its a really lovely city though with really fit women.

Had a bit of a crazy day yesterday. Along with locking myself out of the apartment, I got lost in the city on foot AND in the car with the aid of the hitech GPS (very flaky device).

No internet in the apartment even though it was advertised. But, there is this internet cafe just down the street so not so bad. I think I'm fully synced with Ozzy time now.

Hope all is well with everyone else. Nicola, best of luck with the exchange. Mary, well done with yours. Tiger, hard luck on the meds. Thats worse than waiting for an IELTS results letter.
You need to change your profile now - not in Dublin anymore! 35 - don't moan we had ice on the car this morning. I have a cunning plan - catch another plane to Adelaide, get a job at DIAC and then dig out our files (you'll need a dust mask they have been there so long) - you'd be in beer for ever!
So jealous - keep enjoying.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Its a really lovely city though with really fit women
Ah Knock Off, seems like you got your priorities right!! Glad you made it there safe and sound, maybe you should start a blog to keep us all updated on your adventure?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

NIGE!!

Sounds like you had a funny first day. It will get better from now on. You have to remember to stop looking at the women and start looking at the street signs.

Watch out for the jetlag on about day 5.

Jane. I think that's an excellent plan - shouldn't be too much of a problem for secret agent Knockoff.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

NIGE!!

Great to hear from you, Buddy!

So the women are really fit, eh? Does that mean they out run you?

Seems like you're having a tough row with technology - from the internet to the GPS - it'll get better, you'll find your way around.

I love the idea of helping us out at DIAC!! You could do it!

Waiting for MEDS is worse then waiting for IELTS results!! TRUE x 2!!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Thanks hun

The buyer called this afternoon to say they had had pre-approval for the new mortgage and were expecting the written offer next week. So keep your fingers crossed for me!

We used Halo Financial for the forward contract as they gave us a better rate than Ozforex.

A bit scared now in case the rate gets much better. Still we haven't forward fixed the house proceeds as we haven't exchanged, so we won't lose / gain too much either way.
Got my fingers toes and everything crossed for you - Mary's done and dusty, she always gets in first and they we all follow suit The couple who came to look at the house on Wed went in yesterday and paid their holding fee, so now just the credit checks! but the waiting to see if they went in and put the fee down was awful - I am soooo impatient
Weather cr*p here in Southampton and we don't have any kids this weekend, they have gone to a friends in Bournmouth, so OH worked yesterday whilst I had a nice day out with mum and we were going to sort the shed out today but It is tipping it down
Hope you are all having a better weekend than us - MARY you finished your packing yet???
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Got my fingers toes and everything crossed for you - Mary's done and dusty, she always gets in first and they we all follow suit The couple who came to look at the house on Wed went in yesterday and paid their holding fee, so now just the credit checks! but the waiting to see if they went in and put the fee down was awful - I am soooo impatient
Weather cr*p here in Southampton and we don't have any kids this weekend, they have gone to a friends in Bournmouth, so OH worked yesterday whilst I had a nice day out with mum and we were going to sort the shed out today but It is tipping it down
Hope you are all having a better weekend than us - MARY you finished your packing yet???
Thanks Basty - hope you can manage packing etc with crossed everything.

Funny, we were going to do our shed today and it's p'ing down here too.

Great news about the holding fee! Now you can plan with confidence. I think you are doing the right thing. The housing market will improve in a couple of years and you will be able to sell easily again.

PMSL at Mary, she does like to be first.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Great news about the holding fee! Now you can plan with confidence. I think you are doing the right thing. The housing market will improve in a couple of years and you will be able to sell easily again.

I have done nothing, pottered around, got ready and now messing around on here before we head off to pick the kids up and go out for a meal Feels really funny here without them - it is sooooooo quiet not sure I like it
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:13 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nige - Great to hear you've made it in one piece and that they actually let you in!!!!

So what's the plan now? Checking out the local talent or finding a job? Oh yeah, don't forget to ring your mum at LEAST once a week!

Got my fingers toes and everything crossed for you - Mary's done and dusty, she always gets in first and they we all follow suit The couple who came to look at the house on Wed went in yesterday and paid their holding fee, so now just the credit checks! but the waiting to see if they went in and put the fee down was awful - I am soooo impatientWeather cr*p here in Southampton and we don't have any kids this weekend, they have gone to a friends in Bournmouth, so OH worked yesterday whilst I had a nice day out with mum and we were going to sort the shed out today but It is tipping it down
Did i ever tell you i hate packing:curse: well i do Finally cleared out the garage, just got the kids wardrobes and cupboards to do.

I'm now OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED

Have you been speaking to my OH???????
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did i ever tell you i hate packing:curse: well i do Finally cleared out the garage, just got the kids wardrobes and cupboards to do.

I'm now OFFICIALLY UNEMPLOYED

Ohhhhhh Mary you can have a lay in in the morning We will clear out the shed next week end, have you packed all the stuff that was in the wardrobes in suitcases?? I have packed 3 suitcases, but don't want to do them all yet cos we won't have any clothes left to wear and also they will all be really creased
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys. Just went looking at some houses. Saw 2 places in Maroubra. Lovely spot. I place wasnt so nice but the other was gorgeous. The girl living there is hot with a capital effin hell. Not too pricey either. Takes half an hour to get into town. She'll be ringing me back today to let me know.

Not sure on the 'blog' idea. I'm not that good with updates and stuff. Tiger, any change yet?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Guys will you get up out of bed please. jeez, it takes ages to get a reply around here these days lol.

The babe called me back and said i can have the room. Excellent. Now, get a job and then I'm sorted. And I only arrived on friday.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Guys will you get up out of bed please. jeez, it takes ages to get a reply around here these days lol.

The babe called me back and said i can have the room. Excellent. Now, get a job and then I'm sorted. And I only arrived on friday.
Woohoo!!! Great news Nige! A place to live and eye candy thrown in. Try not to drool over her all the time - she won't be impressed.

Sorry that we were all in bed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.