the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
knowing the time is coming round makes the waiting more difficult and frustrating, I just wish our turn would come , speaking to my daughter in oz, she keeps asking ...no news yet, my tummy frequently has butterflys , when i think about it. I also look on here every few hours
Thank goodness someone else is doing it as well ! I thought I was losing the plot checking on here so often but its like a lifejacket it keeps my head from sinking into the depths of depression, just someone else getting a bit further gives you a lift to the day and keeps me going a bit longer at work keep posting everyone
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

So pleased you are enjoying your new life cagandchris

Like so many I'm addicted to this thread and I'm learning sooo much,many thanks to you all.

I'm receiving my state pension (UK)i contacted payment office,who sent me form to complete with new address and bank details once we arrive in OZ.
I thought they would transfer my payments over....how i got this wrong ?

I also have too small private pension's and for a small deduction this is what they will be doing.

Cindyloo
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by barbara townend
When you say you got an e mail was that from your agent or your case officer? I always panic in case they're going to e mail me and it goes into my junk mail, cos I always delete them in case its a virus.

x barbara
Email came from my Case Officer. Didn't use an agent, although I must admit at the beginning I wanted to and argued with my son who said it wasn't necessary. As it turns out he was right!

Glad you all think I should be excited. I was - very - when I got the email. Then I saw the bit advising that Visas have not yet been granted and that Applicants are cautioned to not give up a job, dispose of property or make other arrangements, until notified that visas have been granted" and wondered if I was counting my chickens too soon. But then I suppose they couldn't grant the visa till the 2nd instalment is sent off, so hopefully that is the last thing I have to do and then I will get the Visa. After all this time! Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Last edited by sapphire3; Jul 13th 2007 at 5:27 pm. Reason: didn't read properly
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi everyone,
most of you won't even remember me but i am soooo glad that this thread is still carrying on. I am lorraine that carried the last thread over for us parents.
We are here the other side so to speak! Hang in there everyone it is a long journey but when it happens at the end it happens all at once.

We are now at the sunshine coast with the children and grandchildren and it feels like we have been on an epic journey, which of course we have! Just wondered if any of you other parents that are still on here are anywhere about.

good luck to you all

lorraine
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi everyone,
most of you won't even remember me but i am soooo glad that this thread is still carrying on. I am lorraine that carried the last thread over for us parents.
We are here the other side so to speak! Hang in there everyone it is a long journey but when it happens at the end it happens all at once.

We are now at the sunshine coast with the children and grandchildren and it feels like we have been on an epic journey, which of course we have! Just wondered if any of you other parents that are still on here are anywhere about.

good luck to you all

lorraine
Hi Lorraine glad to hear your now over here and settled,Its a pity your not on the central coast we have a meet today and there are 4 couples we have made freinds with from the cpv thread keep a eye on the meet up threads there might be some cpv parents near you.
regards Janet
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:39 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

hi everyone,

good luck to you all

lorraine
Hi Lorraine

Check out the Meets thread - there is a general Sunshine Coast get together at the Kawana Waters Hotel tomorrow lunchtime.

Regards

Jim
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:40 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
So pleased you are enjoying your new life cagandchris

Like so many I'm addicted to this thread and I'm learning sooo much,many thanks to you all.

I'm receiving my state pension (UK)i contacted payment office,who sent me form to complete with new address and bank details once we arrive in OZ.
I thought they would transfer my payments over....how i got this wrong ?

I also have too small private pension's and for a small deduction this is what they will be doing.

Cindyloo
hi cindyloo...........what do you mean 'how i got this wrong' regarding the pensions? also, what do you mean by your private pensions, 'this is what they will be doing'?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:41 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
Email came from my Case Officer. Didn't use an agent, although I must admit at the beginning I wanted to and argued with my son who said it wasn't necessary. As it turns out he was right!

Glad you all think I should be excited. I was - very - when I got the email. Then I saw the bit advising that Visas have not yet been granted and that Applicants are cautioned to not give up a job, dispose of property or make other arrangements, until notified that visas have been granted" and wondered if I was counting my chickens too soon. But then I suppose they couldn't grant the visa till the 2nd instalment is sent off, so hopefully that is the last thing I have to do and then I will get the Visa. After all this time! Good luck to everyone else waiting.
that seems to be the standard form in most documents. we had the same sort of blurb from our agent (even though we had already put the house on the market ). it is just to cover their backs - dont worry, you are almost there
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi cindyloo...........what do you mean 'how i got this wrong' regarding the pensions? also, what do you mean by your private pensions, 'this is what they will be doing'?
Thanks SB,I'm receiving 3 pensions here in UK,(2 Private,1 State)these are paid every month into my bank account.
The 2 Private ones are from company's I've worked for, and will be paid into my new account once we have moved to OZ.
Nooooow i thought the same would apply to my State Pension.....but i could be wrong....? Cindyloo
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Thank goodness someone else is doing it as well ! I thought I was losing the plot checking on here so often but its like a lifejacket it keeps my head from sinking into the depths of depression, just someone else getting a bit further gives you a lift to the day and keeps me going a bit longer at work keep posting everyone
Can someone fill me in on the form 80 that was mentioned somewhere? Does everyone have to complete one of these? If so I assume my case officer will ask for it? and how accurate do you have to be regarding dates of holidays and past jobs? I had lots of part time jobs when my kids were little do I have to put all these down? do they check? I like to be able to take my time with forms and this one looks a little hairy
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi barbara, we sent form 80 with my inlaws application ( we did same with our application ) Its not that bad to fill in you can download it from immi site. we had a bit of a laugh about it, my inlaws are in there 70s and they couldnt remember their parents d.o.b. Im sure its not that important. They couldnt remember exact dates of all employment so put approx dates. Someone did mention in one thread about putting your d.o.b on the part that asks about citizenship, so we did that.Hope this helps
love Ann
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

our form 80 went with application also last september
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi jim and janet

good to chat again it as been ages!!!!!!

thanks for the info on the meets. It is my sons birthday today and the first one we been together for, for a long while so will not make the meet today but will look out for future ones. It would be real good to be in contact with someone over here to start getting to know people.

lorraine
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

hi jim and janet

good to chat again it as been ages!!!!!!

thanks for the info on the meets. It is my sons birthday today and the first one we been together for, for a long while so will not make the meet today but will look out for future ones. It would be real good to be in contact with someone over here to start getting to know people.

lorraine
Hi Lorraine, so glad you are finally here! Great isn't it?
You probably don't even remember us - we had our visa grant last October and arrived here in Charlestown (Newcastle area) in January 07 just in time for the birth of our first grandson Jack, on 8th Feb!! Wouldn't have missed it for the world and feel so lucky to be here at last!
Hope you settle as quickly as we did and maybe we might be able to meet up with you and some of the others in due course - once you have 'found your feet' so to speak. As Jim says watch out for the Meets - we have now been to two - one in Central Coast and another which we arranged at Belmont which is more or less between the two areas - I am sure we could arrange somewhere to Meet up with you too. Happy househunting!
Regards Linda & Keith
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:46 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Thanks SB,I'm receiving 3 pensions here in UK,(2 Private,1 State)these are paid every month into my bank account.
The 2 Private ones are from company's I've worked for, and will be paid into my new account once we have moved to OZ.
Nooooow i thought the same would apply to my State Pension.....but i could be wrong....? Cindyloo
Hi

You will probably have seen my post in the other recent thread about pension payments - Contributory Parents Visa: 2 Questions - a few days ago. The UK State Pension office will only pay into your Australian bank account if you ask them to - ie it is not automatic because you happen to live here. As usual, there is a form for this which they will send you for completion if you ask them - its all straightforward.

Check out their website and that of the Inland Revenue - now called HM Customs and Revenue, I believe - you'll want the "Non Residents" section.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.