the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:55 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Thanks SB,I'm receiving 3 pensions here in UK,(2 Private,1 State)these are paid every month into my bank account.
The 2 Private ones are from company's I've worked for, and will be paid into my new account once we have moved to OZ.
Nooooow i thought the same would apply to my State Pension.....but i could be wrong....? Cindyloo
Hi

............ have just noticed that you already have the form to complete re your Australian account .............. sorry, very late night this morning

Jim
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi linda and keith

yes i do remember you. I was sooo excited to see your name again it was great to see some familiar names still about. it feels an age since i have been able to check out the site. We sold the house in january went into rented, so our stuff was in storage pc etc. Then we arrived here in may and got our container about 2 weeks ago so it as been a long time to be without contact.

We are taking a break before we even think about completed the second part of the visa to become permanant as you can imagine had enough of forms etc. ha ha.

enjoy your grandson i am certainly enjoying being with my three grandchildren!

lorraine
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann h
Hi barbara, we sent form 80 with my inlaws application ( we did same with our application ) Its not that bad to fill in you can download it from immi site. we had a bit of a laugh about it, my inlaws are in there 70s and they couldnt remember their parents d.o.b. Im sure its not that important. They couldnt remember exact dates of all employment so put approx dates. Someone did mention in one thread about putting your d.o.b on the part that asks about citizenship, so we did that.Hope this helps
love Ann
Hi Ann h and Mollyflanders,

Thanks for your quick reply, I've already downloaded form 80 and was in the middle of filling it in. I didn't send it with my application because it wasn't mentioned in the check list! I only found out about it because it was mentioned on another website so that was lucky!!

I'm photocopying it at work tomorrow and posting it of to POPC I don't want any delays at this stage. I go for my medicals on Tuesday and I'm terrified mainly about the chest x rays cos I smoked up to 6 years ago so fingers crossed. x barbara
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:56 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi Ann h and Mollyflanders,

Thanks for your quick reply, I've already downloaded form 80 and was in the middle of filling it in. I didn't send it with my application because it wasn't mentioned in the check list! I only found out about it because it was mentioned on another website so that was lucky!!

I'm photocopying it at work tomorrow and posting it of to POPC I don't want any delays at this stage. I go for my medicals on Tuesday and I'm terrified mainly about the chest x rays cos I smoked up to 6 years ago so fingers crossed. x barbara
Hi Barbara, good luck with your medicals on tuesday Im sure all will be fine. I used to smoke and had given up about 2yrs before my medical, so like you was terrified about x ray. Everything went fine. The medical and x ray arent as bad as we all think.good luck again love Ann
Old Jul 16th 2007, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ann h
Hi Barbara, good luck with your medicals on tuesday Im sure all will be fine. I used to smoke and had given up about 2yrs before my medical, so like you was terrified about x ray. Everything went fine. The medical and x ray arent as bad as we all think.good luck again love Ann
Thanks Ann,

Posted my form 80 as complete and accurate as I could make it keep your fingers crossed for me 9.30 tomorrow xx barbara
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:03 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Alan's update for readers of this thread: request for medicals and police clearance certificates (plus Assurance of Support letter) received today for a subclass number 143 applicant whose visa application was lodged on 11/08/2006.

Best regards.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:18 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Alan's update for readers of this thread: request for medicals and police clearance certificates (plus Assurance of Support letter) received today for a subclass number 143 applicant whose visa application was lodged on 11/08/2006.

Best regards.
thanks for the update alan

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Jul 16th 2007 at 11:18 am. Reason: missed a word, and thats with no alcohol!!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:05 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

"British Pensions in Australia"

For those of you unaware of its existence, the above organisation campaigns for the introduction of index-linking to the UK state pensions payable to those of us in Australia who, along with those expats in Canada, South Africa and New Zealand, are denied this even though these pensions are index-linked in many other countries throughout the world and even though we may have paid full NI contributions throughout our working lives only to be denied annual increases just because we happen to live here and not in UK.

Sorry if that sounded like sales talk - it wasn't intended to be - although I do urge you to join the campaign............. maybe, just maybe, we can help to get this unfair ruling overturned.

Regards

Jim

ps not sure how to get the link on here but a Google search will bring it up for you
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

For those of you unaware of its existence, the above organisation campaigns for the introduction of index-linking to the UK state pensions payable to those of us in Australia who, along with those expats in Canada, South Africa and New Zealand, are denied this even though these pensions are index-linked in many other countries throughout the world and even though we may have paid full NI contributions throughout our working lives only to be denied annual increases just because we happen to live here and not in UK.

Sorry if that sounded like sales talk - it wasn't intended to be - although I do urge you to join the campaign............. maybe, just maybe, we can help to get this unfair ruling overturned.

Regards

Jim

ps not sure how to get the link on here but a Google search will bring it up for you
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hi Jim
As a matter of interest I heard last week that the campaign is taking a case to the European Courts or something like that. So its worthy of support, not joined yet though!! Give me time!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:01 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by DerekM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hi Jim
As a matter of interest I heard last week that the campaign is taking a case to the European Courts or something like that. So its worthy of support, not joined yet though!! Give me time!
Hello Derek

The website gives full details of Annette Carson's case and it is likely to be heard at the European Court later this year with a (much)higher chance of success than it managed in the UK courts, so much so that there are 10 or so other appellants presenting their case at the same time....I believe.

The equivalent Canadian site appears to be taking the lead in this campaign at the moment - I believe they have a legal presence in London.

Jim
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Regards

Jim

Thanks alan....thats good to know.

Cindyloo
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Thanks alan....thats good to know.

Cindyloo
Alan!!!! Where what and how????????
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

just popped in as its gone quiet again, this waiting does get you down, think we should all at least come on and say hello everyday as we are always looking.
Where is everyone heading when they go, we are going to a suburb of brisbane, my daughter lives in riverhills, i fancy forest lake it is lovely.
Maybe some of you will be quiet near who knows, look forward to hearing from you all.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
just popped in as its gone quiet again, this waiting does get you down, think we should all at least come on and say hello everyday as we are always looking.
Where is everyone heading when they go, we are going to a suburb of brisbane, my daughter lives in riverhills, i fancy forest lake it is lovely.
Maybe some of you will be quiet near who knows, look forward to hearing from you all.
Like you molly i'm allways looking on here for news and to pick up any tips thats going.
My son and family are leaving here Sept and will be living in Brisbane with his sister,they are hoping to buy once they've find school and jobs ect.
We will be sending our CPV in Sept....then it will be our waiting game....sooooo Sept will be quite an up and down one for us,with a few tears as well. Take care Cindyloo
Old Jul 19th 2007, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
What a lovely idea, mollyflanders, Im heading for Castle Hills which is about 25 mins. outside Sydney. Im going to live with my daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren. Im going out on my own so its very exciting.

Barbara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.