the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

wonder how long it takes them to process eg, augusts visas, does it take months or weeks, just wondered as i applied september 2006
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

I had email today with Pre-Visa Grant letter. It doesn't say I have the Visa, just that the application (6 June 2006) is nearing completion and please send the 2nd instalment, then final decision will be made.

Should I be excited yet?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

well I would be excited am sure......................loads of luck, surely would not take second instalment then say no!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say you got an e mail was that from your agent or your case officer? I always panic in case they're going to e mail me and it goes into my junk mail, cos I always delete them in case its a virus.

I'd be excited just to get a case officer, can't concentrate on anything else, I must look on this site 2/3 times a day, got really giddy when I saw mollyflanders had left a post cos I applied same time and thought she might have a case officer, never mind mollyflanders it must be getting near our turn.

x barbara

Last edited by barbara townend; Jul 12th 2007 at 6:31 pm. Reason: quoted mollyflanders when I wanted to quote sapphire 3
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by barbara townend
When you say you got an e mail was that from your agent or your case officer? I always panic in case they're going to e mail me and it goes into my junk mail, cos I always delete them in case its a virus.

I'd be excited just to get a case officer, can't concentrate on anything else, I must look on this site 2/3 times a day, got really giddy when I saw mollyflanders had left a post cos I applied same time and thought she might have a case officer, never mind mollyflanders it must be getting near our turn.

x barbara
sapphire get very excited

Cindyloo
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

knowing the time is coming round makes the waiting more difficult and frustrating, I just wish our turn would come , speaking to my daughter in oz, she keeps asking ...no news yet, my tummy frequently has butterflys , when i think about it. I also look on here every few hours
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
wonder how long it takes them to process eg, augusts visas, does it take months or weeks, just wondered as i applied september 2006
it would depend on how many august applicants they have. but i am sure it is weeks rather than months
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
I had email today with Pre-Visa Grant letter. It doesn't say I have the Visa, just that the application (6 June 2006) is nearing completion and please send the 2nd instalment, then final decision will be made.

Should I be excited yet?
...........erm, yes...........gt excited, shouldnt be too long know. get that money sent over!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:33 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys - sorry to barge into your thread....

but just wondered if any of you could help with my questions I posted in a seperate thread (below)??

THANKS!

Contributory Parents Visa - 2 questions!
G'day All

We have been living in Brissie now for over 2 years (and loving it ) and now we are looking into sponsoring our parents to move here....does anyone know....

1) what the timescales are currently for the CPV

2) what happens regarding pensions for our parents
....basically all they will have is their uk state pension which I understand will be frozen on the day they leave the UK....will they eventually qualify for anything from Australia? My FIL is hoping to do some work once he gets here too.

Also are there any other potential parent migrants to Brissie in the Hull area?

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:00 am
Account Closed

Ladybird is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=cagandchris;5047321]

QUOTE]

Hi

From what I understand the current timescales are getting longer all the time . When my in laws started the process in Sept 2006 we understood it would be about 9 - 10 months before being assigned a case officer, now its looking like 12 - 14 months.

As I said they applied in Sept 2006 and have not heard anything yet, although hopefully it won't be long now.

Sorry not really much help I know!

Ladybird.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:53 am
Loving life in Brissie

Thanks Ladybird
Wow long waits now then ... when we first looked into it - it was only a matter of a few months between lodging application and getting the visa!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cagandchris

but just wondered if any of you could help with my questions I posted in a seperate thread (below)??

THANKS!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif Contributory Parents Visa - 2 questions!
G'day All

We have been living in Brissie now for over 2 years (and loving it ) and now we are looking into sponsoring our parents to move here....does anyone know....

....basically all they will have is their uk state pension which I understand will be frozen on the day they leave the UK....will they eventually qualify for anything from Australia? My FIL is hoping to do some work once he gets here too.

Thanks
HI sorry not sure of the time scale at the moment we got our visa last november and it took 12 months,the pension is frozen from when you leave uk or if your not claiming it at the moment it is frozen from the day you are eligable to get it, and I think you have to wait 10years before you can claim anything from the OZ pension system,I still have 7 years before I get a pension so will carry on paying my contributions to the Uk so I can qualify for the full pension.
regards Janet
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:03 am
Loving life in Brissie

Thanks Janet!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:28 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cagandchris

THANKS!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif Contributory Parents Visa - 2 questions!
G'day All

Thanks
Hi

.......... have just seen this thread after replying on your other one!!

Jim
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:59 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sapphire3

Should I be excited yet?
Hi

........... get extremely excited this is usually the last link in the long chain.

If you are being asked for the large 2nd VAC you are about home and dry - there is no mileage for them in getting that payment and then turning you down and having to repay you

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.