the new contributory parents visa thread

Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:54 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

Originally Posted by ann h
hi again, yes we are in adelaide been here since jan 04, all settled really well, looking forward to inlaws being here with us, they are on their own back in uk, they havent used an agent i filled all the forms in for them.They came over for a month in march so we did everything then, this is a great forum so many wise people, im sure i will be picking peoples brain!! love Ann
pick away ann there's not much to go at though!!!

the CPV paperwork was easy, wasnt it? although my parents case is very straightforward, no previous marriages, no other children etc.

how nice for them to come over, especially as they have no other family.

if you think of anything, use the search button at the top. the subject will probably already been covered in previous posts. but, if you cant find the answer, or you have a new question, just ask and somebody will usually answer pretty quickly. this thread is also good for timescales and gauging when/where someting is likely to happen.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:04 am
Just Joined

ann h is an unknown quantity at this point

hi s b, I thought paperwork wasnt so bad, they should be pretty straightforward aswell, only my oh and another son who is going to perth on 457visa shortly. Healthwise their not bad fatherinlaw going in to have hip replaced in next couple of weeks, so pretty good for 76yrs, motherinlaw takes blood pressure meds shes 72. Just wear and tear eh! great speaking to you all love Ann
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Cindyloo will become famous soon enough

Welcome Ann.....no problems with question's on here,you will always get a reply.

Brian I'm in Hucclecote,what about you?

Take care all of you,and have a nice day

Cindyloo
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:41 am
Just Joined

BrianJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cindyloo
Welcome Ann.....no problems with question's on here,you will always get a reply.

Brian I'm in Hucclecote,what about you?

Take care all of you,and have a nice day

Cindyloo
Ahhhh your just up the road from us were in Tuffley Avenue
Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BrianJ
Ahhhh your just up the road from us were in Tuffley Avenue
What a small world this is, John and I used to live in Abbeydale and both worked at RAF Innsworth.

Now stuck in Coventry until the house sells.

Linda
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:42 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
maybe, if O/H is working i might go. i cant see us going if he isnt working, as he tends to shy away from get togethers etc. i think i read that you will be going janet?
Hello SB

............ I hope you'll be at the Belmont meet as its almost on your doorstep and I'll get to meet you at last

Jim
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:54 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello SB

............ I hope you'll be at the Belmont meet as its almost on your doorstep and I'll get to meet you at last

Jim
.........maybe.............maybe not..............???

you will to wait in suspenders dear jim.

i believe you enjoyed thailand, and missed all our lovely weather here?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Ladybird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Now this thread is so loooooong again, I really didn't want to read the whole thing, but can I just ask if there is any current info on CPV visa's lodged in September 2006? My PIL have not heard anything and although I am reassuring them, it would be nice to know how much longer it might be until they at least get assigned a case officer!

Thanks in advance.

Ladybird.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:04 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Ladybird
Hi Everyone

Now this thread is so loooooong again, I really didn't want to read the whole thing, but can I just ask if there is any current info on CPV visa's lodged in September 2006? My PIL have not heard anything and although I am reassuring them, it would be nice to know how much longer it might be until they at least get assigned a case officer!

Thanks in advance.

Ladybird.
hi LB, all qiet on the western front i'm afraid .............nothing has been heard of for a long time. i spoke to perth a few weeks ago, and they were up to the third week in july. i imagine that catch up will be being played post 01 july (new financial year/new visa grants etc), so i would have though that september applicants cant be too far off. has their police checks been sent off, and perhaps medicals booked? there has been no reports of movement for a while on here, but i can hopefully see a bit of a flurry
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Ladybird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SB

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know they have not done anything about medicals or police checks, me and my hubby are trying to not get involved too much because there are a lot of family politics and arguements going on about the whole emigrating thing .
So we are helping where we can but trying to leave all the important things up to them so other family members don't accuse us of interferance.

Its a difficult situation to be in.

LB
Old Jul 4th 2007, 5:51 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Ladybird
Hi SB

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know they have not done anything about medicals or police checks, me and my hubby are trying to not get involved too much because there are a lot of family politics and arguements going on about the whole emigrating thing .
So we are helping where we can but trying to leave all the important things up to them so other family members don't accuse us of interferance.

Its a difficult situation to be in.

LB
families eh? just had the same sort of conversation with a friend.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:01 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

In the absence of an increase in the number of CP visas available annually I think we are likely to see a lengthening of the queue beyond the present wait of some 12 to 14 months; I had a conversation with a chap in DIAC Central Office a couple of weeks ago and was advised they already have the equivalent of 2 years of visa grants in the form of CP visa applications ...

This isn't great news, but it is best to have sensible expectations as to when visas are likely to be granted.

Best regards.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: the new contributory parents visa thread

we applied in september 2006, and are also still waiting, our agent told us they were now doing one for a couple that applied in august 2006, so hopefully it won't be too long before xmas would be nice. We have just had medicals done and have just been sent by courier , police checks done also.
We now pray time is going by and australia getting a little bit nearer, good luck everyone
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:00 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
In the absence of an increase in the number of CP visas available annually I think we are likely to see a lengthening of the queue beyond the present wait of some 12 to 14 months; I had a conversation with a chap in DIAC Central Office a couple of weeks ago and was advised they already have the equivalent of 2 years of visa grants in the form of CP visa applications ...

This isn't great news, but it is best to have sensible expectations as to when visas are likely to be granted.

Best regards.
just seen this on another thread.............thanks alan.
oh well, good things come to those who wait etc
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
we applied in september 2006, and are also still waiting, our agent told us they were now doing one for a couple that applied in august 2006, so hopefully it won't be too long before xmas would be nice. We have just had medicals done and have just been sent by courier , police checks done also.
We now pray time is going by and australia getting a little bit nearer, good luck everyone
Hi everyone,

nice to see some posts on here, been quiet for too long! My police checks have gone and I have my medical 17th July, hope your medical went ok cos you were a bit worried on your last post.

When I e mailed Perth last month they said I would be a couple of months so that takes September ones to August for a CO.

Hopefully they had more time on their hands while they had a break from granting visas so they caught up a bit keep in touch and good luck for everyone Barbara

Last edited by barbara townend; Jul 4th 2007 at 3:23 pm. Reason: deleted a sentence it sounded sillyx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.